DDMS (Screenshots) on EeePC Froyo

Sascha F. Kraeling

Jan 30, 2011, 2:50:49 PM1/30/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,

does anyone knows how i can make screenshots on my EeePC 1005P running Froyo?

I don't get an adb connect via USB so i tried it with "adb wireless" where i get a connect, but when i try to make a shot via DDMS i jsut get a black screen.

Also no screenshot app works, due a lack of root...

Would be nice to get that solved...

Thx!

Sascha F. Kraeling

@cyberfux on Twitter
cyberfux74 on Skype

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 30, 2011, 9:24:06 PM1/30/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
To take screenshots via adb, you have to
disable the OpenGL hardware acceleration.
Add HWACCEL=0 to the cmdline.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Sascha F. Kraeling

Jan 31, 2011, 2:16:43 AM1/31/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thx, but where do i do that? I'm not that n00b but i've tried several options and nothing works - do i have to add it to init.rc?

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 31, 2011, 9:37:18 PM1/31/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I meant the kernel cmdline.
Add it to grub menu.lst.

Sascha F. Kraeling

Feb 1, 2011, 3:30:43 AM2/1/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thy, i thought so, but where IS the menu.lst? I looked in every folder, did a find, a grep etc.

If i won't SEE the grub on boot, i would say there is no grub!

Chih-Wei Huang

Feb 1, 2011, 3:35:36 AM2/1/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
It doesn't exist (hidden) on normal android-x86 filesystem.
You have to enter debug mode to find it.
You may also change it temporary
by editting cmeline in the boot menu.
(press 'e' twice on the menu)

Sascha F. Kraeling

Feb 1, 2011, 3:37:14 AM2/1/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, that might help!

I've tried it via temp change but don't work,

Sascha F. Kraeling

Feb 1, 2011, 7:07:28 AM2/1/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thx, it worked but the system was so slow that i disabled it after i was done with the shots :-)