Rogers HTC Magic and its iptables

Luca Ben

Jun 28, 2009, 8:07:36 PM6/28/09
to Android Wifi Tether
I made a thread on XDA, but didn't think to go through you guys first.
The HTC Magic from Rogers was recently made rootable. So of course the
first thing I did was download this great app. But unfortunately, I'm
unable to tether due something wrong with the iptables, here's the
error:

Tearing down firewall rules...
iptables v1.3.7: can't initialize iptables
table 'filter': iptables who? (do you need
to insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to
be upgraded.
failed

What can I do? The device is verified as having root as I can get a
root prompt through a terminal app and I've run other root only apps
without a problem.

android-wifi-tether

Jun 29, 2009, 4:04:12 AM6/29/09
to Luca Ben, android-w...@googlegroups.com
Netfilter-support is missing in your kernel.
Please install a rom/kernel which enables these features.

At this point we developers do not own a magic and we can't guide you
here ... sorry.

Maybe others?

Daniel Holm

Jun 29, 2009, 5:15:02 AM6/29/09
to android-w...@googlegroups.com, Luca Ben

I own a Magic and are going to install your kernel soon. I could perhaps help you then.

On Jun 29, 2009 10:04 a.m., "android-wifi-tether" <android-w...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Netfilter-support is missing in your kernel.
Please install a rom/kernel which enables these features.

At this point we developers do not own a magic and we can't guide you
here ... sorry.

Maybe others?

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 2:07 AM, Luca Ben<tri...@gmail.com> wrote: > > I made a thread on XDA, bu...

android-wifi-tether