Successfully running TetherWifi on Samsung Galaxy

drakaz

Sep 23, 2009, 3:31:06 PM9/23/09
to Android Wifi Tether
Hi,

I have successfully running TetherWifi on Samsung galaxy.
There is the change i've made :

On tether script:

Module loading : insmod /system/libmodules/bcm4325.ko firmware_path=/
etc/rtecdc.bin nvram_path=/etc/nvram.txt
wpa_supplicant start command : cd /data/local/tmp;wpa_supplicant -B -f
-Dwext -ieth0 -c"$wpa_supplicant_conf
unloading module : "$dir"/bin/rmmod bcm4325
if config : sleep 10 && ifconfig eth0 192.168.2.254 netmask
255.255.255.0 && ifconfig eth0 up

In wpa_supplicant.conf (i have to push it after the install, don't
know why tetherwifi don't install it automatically) :

ctrl_interface=eth0
ssid="GalaxyTether"

In dnsmasq.conf :

interface=eth0

Wainting for TetherWifi owner to integrate those change on tether
wifi ! :)

nivocde

Oct 6, 2009, 4:10:20 AM10/6/09
to Android Wifi Tether
The people around the popular open source tool "Wifi tether for root
users" released also a new special galaxy version.

It's working perfectly for me - Here is what I did: (Be careful - It's
working for me, but you must know what you are doing - you can destroy
you galaxy otherwise - no warranty!)

Step 1. Install a new kernel with netfilter support (I used the
following howto to install a prepared ROM with those support)

http://android.modaco.com/content/samsung-i7500-i7500-modaco-com/293171/21-09-1-1-the-modaco-custom-rom-is-here-rooted-with-custom-kernel-with-swap-netfilter-more/

2. Install the special Galaxy Version of Wifi Tether for root users
NOTE: If you had a old version of "Wifi Tether for root users"
installed already - uninstall it first - It's not going to work
otherwise...

http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/

3. Launch the app and press the green button - You are done! :)

matthias