Bug report: constructing a QFeedbackHapticsEffect object crashes under android

epos_jk

Feb 21, 2012, 11:20:29 AM2/21/12
to android-qt
Hello everybody,

I noticed that constructing a QFeedbackHapticsEffect object under
android crashes with an kernel error:

"ttsp_spi_read_block_data: ttsp_spi_read_block_data failed"

This message seems to come from the Cypress TTSP touchscreen driver.

QFeedbackActuator::actuators() lists two feedback actuators under
android:
- TOUCH (the default actuator)
- VIBRA

My conclusion: The touch actuator seems to be broken, but for
QFeedbackHapticsEffect,
I probably want to use the VIBRA actuator - but I can't create one.

Shouldn't VIBRA be the default actuator?
Or is there already a bugfix/workaround?

My code (which works in the normal QT SDK Simulator) looks similar to
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9276618/qt-haptic-feedback-on-android
(seems to be the same problem)

By the way: Shouldn't the actuator be called "Vibra" and not "VIBRA" -
http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Haptics_effects_in_Qt
contains code which compares the actuator name with "Vibra":

if (a->name() == "Vibra")

Further code excerpts which might be related:

qtmobility-src/src/plugins/feedback/android/qfeedback.cpp:

QFeedbackAndroid::QFeedbackAndroid() : QObject(qApp)
{
m_vibraName = QLatin1String("VIBRA");
m_touchName = QLatin1String("TOUCH");
m_actuatorList << createFeedbackActuator(this,TOUCH_DEVICE);
m_actuatorList << createFeedbackActuator(this,VIBRA_DEVICE);

}

qtmobility-src/src/feedback/qfeedbackeffect.cpp:

QFeedbackHapticsEffect::QFeedbackHapticsEffect(QObject *parent) :
QFeedbackEffect(parent), priv(new QFeedbackHapticsEffectPrivate)
{
setActuator(0);
}