Hello + ministro & Qt olirbaries

Enrico Miglino

Jan 4, 2012, 1:05:50 PM1/4/12
to android-qt
Hi to all,

I have a important question if someone knows there is a method. Is it possible to put the Ministro II on the rom  /system/app folder and the qt libraries on the SD card so that it works fine without problems and the user has only to update the stuff when needed ?
This is to save space on the device internal storage. Do you know how I can manage it manually, copying files, setting symlinks etc? Then the rom will be backed up, the sd card replicated etc. on all the devices that are all identical.

Obviously I have the control on the device that is rooted as I am creating a customized one...

Many thanks for the support!

Cheers, Enrico

BogDan Vatra

Jan 4, 2012, 2:26:14 PM1/4/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The short answer is: not quite.

Ministro can be putted to /system/app, the problem comes when you
have to put also qt libs, which MUST be putted to internal storage.
External storage is very dangerous, the libs are unprotected and they
can be changed by any application which has the right to write on
sdcard, AFAIK *NO* official Android builds provides the possibility
to load .so libs from sdcard, so your only chance is, some how, to
put qt libs in internal storage. I think the best option is to modify
Ministo in order to make it unpack the libs from assets.

Cheers,
BogDan.

Enrico Miglino

Jan 4, 2012, 2:42:23 PM1/4/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

Maybe good to put libs on internal storage. The real problem was that I should avoid as a must to load libs by the users that are mostly from Nigeria where Internet is very bad. Thus, I can put the libraries on the internal storage and my worry is only to be sue where I should put them (what is the right folder tree?) in a manner that if future updates will be released the device can be update anyway.

Thank you for the info about Ministro, I will put it on the rom as well.

Cheers,
Enrico

Enrico Miglino

Jan 9, 2012, 12:55:45 PM1/9/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
HI BogDan & the others :)

sorry for the delay, I needed some time to make tests. When I uninstall Ministro II and put the Ministro II.apk app in the /system/app folder what does it happen is that everytime that I try to run a Qt applicaiton that need the Qt libaries (that need to be downloaded and installed by Ministro) I receive always the message that Ministro II has unexpectedly crashed. Only if I put Ministro II.apk in its internal storage as usual it seems work. Is there somehting that I missed of I should know ?

Cheers, Enrico

BogDan Vatra

Jan 11, 2012, 7:59:17 AM1/11/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Enrico,

I think I've found a better solution for this issue.

The problem: In order to be able to update Ministro package (not qt
libs) you *MUST* install the official Ministro package signed with my
key. The problem is I don't want to bundle any qt libs into Ministro
package.

The solution: Official Ministro needs to be changed in order to search
on sdcard for qt_libs package and if its there, it will unpack it to
its desire location. Because I'm very paranoia when it comes to
security, qt_libs package needs to be signed and Ministro needs to
check if it was signed with Ministro's private key.

Currently I don't have time to do this changes myself, but if somebody
wants to do it please contact me to guide you.

Cheers,
BogDan.

Enrico Miglino

Jan 11, 2012, 8:07:09 AM1/11/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi BogDan,

As you like, we can start. Tell me from where I should move. First I suppose, is to download ministro sources :)

Let me know how to move on. Cheers, Enrico

BogDan Vatra

Jan 11, 2012, 8:31:39 AM1/11/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Yes, first step is to clone Ministro repository [1], then you have to
understand it a little bit, then we have to think how to create the
qt_libs package and how to sign it.

BogDan.

[1] http://community.kde.org/Necessitas/Repositories#Ministro

Enrico Miglino

Jan 13, 2012, 9:47:58 AM1/13/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi BogDan,

What is the ide preferred to open the project ?

thanks, Enrico

BogDan Vatra

Jan 13, 2012, 11:27:09 AM1/13/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com

I'm using eclipse.

BogDan.

Enrico Miglino

Jan 13, 2012, 11:33:28 AM1/13/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks, BogDan...

Anyway, I am putting my hands on the framework :)

See later for updates.

Cheers, Enrico