Building andoid-qt-mobility on Windows

Ole-Johan

Mar 12, 2012, 5:56:04 PM3/12/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

Is it possible to build android-qt-mobility on Windows? If so, does anyone have a "howto"? :)

Best regards, Ole-Johan

Ray Donnelly

Mar 13, 2012, 5:11:17 AM3/13/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com

It's nevet built right on Windows and the set up for build process is a bit complicated so I'd recommend virtual box and ubuntu (or some other linux distro).

If you really want to use Windows and are willing to try to fix the issues (I think msys bash is too old is the current problem with mobility) then let me know and I'll put together some instructions.

Ole-Johan

Mar 13, 2012, 6:31:19 AM3/13/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
OK. What I am looking for is to implement the QtLocation fix and use QtLocation on Android 4. So if I get QtMobility set up and compile it, can I link my new libQtLocation.so statically and use the rest of the libs from Ministro? If so then I am really interrested in setting it up and trying. Then I might be able to do some more work on Mobility aswell.

I would prefer to do so in my Windows environment. I do have a virtual kubuntu box for "emergencies" that I use from time to time, but I am less familiar with linux than Windows. However, if it is simple to do in linux and difficult in windows, I can use linux. But we might get more help on Mobility if it was easy to set up on windows too?

Ole-Johan

tirsdag 13. mars 2012 kl. 10:11:17 UTC+1 skrev mingw.android følgende:

It's nevet built right on Windows and the set up for build process is a bit complicated so I'd recommend virtual box and ubuntu (or some other linux distro).

If you really want to use Windows and are willing to try to fix the issues (I think msys bash is too old is the current problem with mobility) then let me know and I'll put together some instructions.

Marco Bernasocchi

Mar 13, 2012, 7:53:05 AM3/13/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Ole, if you want I can send you the fixed so file.
Ciao

Marco Bernasocchi (mobile)
www.opengis.ch

Ray Donnelly

Mar 13, 2012, 8:21:40 AM3/13/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Yeah, I had a hope once that if everything compiled everywhere then people would flock to help. So I made as much compiled as I could on windows and mac. The people didn't flock (well to be honest, a few people help BogDan out and we really appreciate their help, but they all seem to use Linux to be honest!)

Anyway...

You've got a mingw/msys setup with git I take it? Have you cloned ministro?

Willy Gardiol

Mar 13, 2012, 10:01:50 AM3/13/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Yes, despite the "heat" on Necessitas and the people trying to use it,
it seems nobody is really willing to give back by helping Necessitas
itself. This is a pity.

Unfortunately i have to put myself in the same group, because i did not
managed to give back anything yet, but i am a single developer and Qt on
Nokia still fills up all my time at the moment. I hope i can contribute
later on when i will actually start using Necessitas for real.

Meanwhile, how many people are actually coding for Necessitas apart
from BogoDan and few others? More should join i guess :) or i am just
hoping :)

--
Willy Gardiol
wi...@gardiol.org

Marco Bernasocchi

Mar 13, 2012, 10:14:37 AM3/13/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Same here... what are the aread that need most help?

Marco Bernasocchi (mobile)
www.opengis.ch

Ray Donnelly

Mar 13, 2012, 4:10:37 PM3/13/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
We should move this discussion to:

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/necessitas-devel/2012-March/000798.html

Cheers,

Ray.

BogDan

Mar 14, 2012, 4:49:34 AM3/14/12
to android-qt
Hi,

Sorry, I didn't see these messages, please move the discussion
to necessitas-devel mailing list, because necessitas-devel is a low
traffic,
I can read and track all the posts.

Thanks !

Cheers,