Necessitas alpha 3 update 1

BogDan

Nov 14, 2011, 1:29:44 PM11/14/11
to android-qt
Hello everybody,

I'm honored to announce first update of Necessitas alpha 3 release
[1]. This release brings Mac OS X Installer and a few bugfixes:

* Release builds still contains debug info [2]
* Failed to build a simplest project [3]
* QDir::homePath returns empty string [4]
* QSettings cannot sync.

The new Mac OSX Installer has been uploaded to
https://sourceforge.net/projects/necessitas/files/ , for the other
platforms please use the "SDK Update Tool" (click "Update").

Cheers,
BogDan.

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/android-qt/browse_thread/thread/1d729d895b0379ed
[2] http://code.google.com/p/android-lighthouse/issues/detail?id=87
[3] https://sourceforge.net/p/necessitas/tickets/115/
[4] https://sourceforge.net/p/necessitas/tickets/113/
[5] https://sourceforge.net/p/necessitas/tickets/110/

Enrico Miglino

Nov 14, 2011, 1:39:46 PM11/14/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Great Bog!!!

In the meantime... I have registred on the KDE developer, and my developer account has already been accepted. Now I am answering to your last necessitas-developer mail about what I can do, when why etc.

Cheers, enrico

Thank for your great effort!

BogDan

Nov 14, 2011, 1:40:02 PM11/14/11
to android-qt
I forgot to mention setFullScreen [1], [2] bug which was fixed as
well.

Cheers,
BogDan.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/android-lighthouse/issues/detail?id=76
[2] https://sourceforge.net/p/necessitas/tickets/105/

On Nov 14, 8:29 pm, BogDan <taipanroma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
>    I'm honored to announce first update of Necessitas alpha 3 release
> [1]. This release brings Mac OS X Installer and a few bugfixes:
>
>  * Release builds still contains debug info [2]
>  * Failed to build a simplest project [3]
>  * QDir::homePath returns empty string [4]
>  * QSettings cannot sync.
>
> The new Mac OSX Installer has been uploaded tohttps://sourceforge.net/projects/necessitas/files/, for the other
> platforms please use the "SDK Update Tool" (click "Update").
>
> Cheers,
> BogDan.
>
> [1]http://groups.google.com/group/android-qt/browse_thread/thread/1d729d...

Adam Pigg

Nov 14, 2011, 2:26:23 PM11/14/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Cool stuff...apart from multimedia, that most of my issues fixed i think.....has the sensors stuff moved into ministro stable yet?

Cheers

BogDan Vatra

Nov 14, 2011, 2:58:25 PM11/14/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Only multimedia still has problems, the rest of them should load ok, of course it doesn't mean they are bug free !

Cheers,
BogDan.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD.

qtnext

Nov 14, 2011, 3:13:15 PM11/14/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
So good :)
regarding multimedia, it seems now Android use Khronos API : http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Google-s-NDK-now-supports-Android-4-0-APIs-1378381.html

qtnext

Nov 14, 2011, 5:26:04 PM11/14/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I have upgrade to last version but I have always debug in the name of the apk ( * Release builds still contains debug info)
I have rebuild my apps.

Koying

Nov 15, 2011, 3:08:19 AM11/15/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I had a chat with regarding this. Normally, release builds are debug-enabled but stripped.
There was a bug in 0.3.0 which prevented stripping. I bet this should be solved in 0.3.1

qtnext

Nov 15, 2011, 2:45:26 PM11/15/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I don't fully understand . Does it means that with the 0.3.1 it's named
xxx-debug but it's a stripped release version with no debug symbol ?

Oliver Fels

Nov 15, 2011, 4:01:14 PM11/15/11
to android-qt
Regarding [4] I just reopened the closed bug as it does not seem to be
fixed after upgrading necessitas.
It still happens inside AVD and real Android device.
The only thing I can imagine is that the available versions of
Ministro (from ministro sourceforge and Android market) do not reflect
the changes yet. Is this true?
If yes, when can we expect an updated version then?

Oliver

On 14 Nov., 19:29, BogDan <taipanroma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
>    I'm honored to announce first update of Necessitas alpha 3 release
> [1]. This release brings Mac OS X Installer and a few bugfixes:
>
>  * Release builds still contains debug info [2]
>  * Failed to build a simplest project [3]
>  * QDir::homePath returns empty string [4]
>  * QSettings cannot sync.
>
> The new Mac OSX Installer has been uploaded tohttps://sourceforge.net/projects/necessitas/files/, for the other
> platforms please use the "SDK Update Tool" (click "Update").
>
> Cheers,
> BogDan.
>
> [1]http://groups.google.com/group/android-qt/browse_thread/thread/1d729d...

BogDan

Nov 16, 2011, 2:05:38 AM11/16/11
to android-qt
Thank you for your report, Ministro repository fixed !

Cheers,
BogDan.