Asus EEEpc 701 - Porting Status

Luca Belluccini

Apr 5, 2009, 10:53:22 AM4/5/09
to android-porting
We all know from previous posts that it is possible to make android
run on EEEpc 701.
We are able to:
[video] works with framebuffer (no h/w support)
[audio] works??? maybe compiling modules and adding uses ALSA
[wifi] works by using its module
[lan] works by using l2 module

Is it ok?

Luca Belluccini

Apr 7, 2009, 6:43:36 AM4/7/09
to android-porting
I am not able to boot correctly android using 2nd april codebase.
I fixed some build errors (they removed ext2fs and mountd from build
process).
I get the installer image, install it but after executing init.rc's
files i get a console, but no graphical user interface.
Executing ps, i see zygote and all the other processes running.
Using a "february" codebase, it works.

Chen Yang

Apr 7, 2009, 8:42:42 AM4/7/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
hi,you may reference this thread for more information on the issues
with current most updated source:
http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting/browse_thread/thread/66862bdb52dac936/358ad1beccc811f0#358ad1beccc811f0

basically, i guess there are some issues like:
1) battery service with incorrect path information
2) preloaded-classes reference non-exist class for build for x86
--
Chen

Luca Belluccini

Apr 7, 2009, 6:49:57 PM4/7/09
to android-porting
Confirm the 2nd ... I think there's also some issue with opengl lib

On 7 Apr, 14:42, Chen Yang <sunsety...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,you may reference this thread for more information on the issues
> with current most updated source:http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting/browse_thread/thread/6...
>
> basically, i guess there are some issues like:
> 1) battery service with incorrect path information
> 2) preloaded-classes reference non-exist class for build for x86
> --
>  Chen
>
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Luca Belluccini

Yi Sun

Apr 7, 2009, 7:54:45 PM4/7/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
If you are seeing some messages like load libgl.so failed bla bla
bla.... It is harmless and most likely you are still hitting on the 1

Luca Belluccini

Apr 7, 2009, 8:20:44 PM4/7/09
to android-porting
Now there are issues on HOME_APP_ADJ and HOME_APP_MEM properties...