Uboot boot argument issues with SDCARD Android booting.

Prakash A S

Jun 4, 2010, 9:34:33 AM6/4/10
to android-porting
Dear All,
I am using Mini2440 ARM9 board to test my custom Android OS. Initially
I followed the steps given here,
http://mini2440.spaceopera.org/site/developmentenviroment/stepbystep/index.html
I downloaded the binaries given by the community and tested it. Its
working fine.

Then I downloaded the complete Android source repository for mini2440
from http://gitorious.org/android-mini2440. I compiled the source. Got
the uImage. Then I prepared the root filesystem. Moved all the
necessary files into SDCARD. Now I tried to boot the sdcard. I got the
errors related to init.rc services. My log file is here, http://pastebin.ca/1877081

I disabled few services and modified few other lines in init.rc. Then
I moved it into sdcard and tried to boot it. But still I am getting
the same errors. The error log shows that, its never executing my
edited init.rc. But it executed the old init.rc (when I was tried to
boot at first time). Why my updated init.rc is not executed?.

For an experiment, I formated the both NAND & SDCARD, flash the u-boot
and then copied the root filesystem and uImage. Then tried to boot the
board. Still I am getting the same errors.

Later, I tried to pass the wrong linuxrc filename in the boot
argument. It never considered the file name and executed the old
init.rc. If the u-boot is getting the argument properly, then it
should stop the boot process with linuxrc file not found error
message. But its executing the old init.rc script.

I could not even track the issue part. Kindly help me, whats wrong in
the booting process. Why the current init.rc is not executed/
considered in the u-boot argument?.
FYI, I am using the same u-boot where I got the community Android
binary for this board. Do I need to prepare the separate uboot for my
binaries?.

-Prakash

ran

Jun 4, 2010, 12:49:22 PM6/4/10
to android-porting
Hello

May be you find some idea here:
http://code.google.com/p/android-on-freerunner/issues/detail?id=7&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Owner%20Summary%20BuildVersion%20AndroidVersion%20Component

On 4 июн, 17:34, Prakash A S <asprakas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
> I am using Mini2440 ARM9 board to test my custom Android OS. Initially
> I followed the steps given here,http://mini2440.spaceopera.org/site/developmentenviroment/stepbystep/...
> I downloaded the binaries given by the community and tested it. Its
> working fine.
>
> Then I downloaded the complete Android source repository for mini2440
> fromhttp://gitorious.org/android-mini2440. I compiled the source. Got
> the uImage. Then I prepared the root filesystem. Moved all the
> necessary files into SDCARD. Now I tried to boot the sdcard. I got the
> errors related to init.rc services. My log file is here,http://pastebin.ca/1877081

Prakash A S

Jun 5, 2010, 3:44:00 AM6/5/10
to android-porting
Hi. I gone through the link. But I could not find single clue related
to my issue.
I did another experiment. I have kept my root filesystem and uImage in
the SDCARD.
I removed the SDCARD now and tried to boot.
Believe me, it was trying to search for sdcard some seconds and then
load an kernel image.
How it is possible to to load the image without sdcard?. So its
ensures that all the kernel images resides in some where.
I could not findout where it is located exactly.