Android on a Treo (650, 680, 700p, 700w, 750w, 755p, Centro)

Lo Yuk Fai

Oct 29, 2008, 6:13:18 PM10/29/08
to android-porting, nick.de...@gmail.com
Note: To continue the discussion over Android Internals

http://groups.google.com/group/android-internals/browse_thread/thread/b72ae50fbc6a34db/9e94aadb46d919b5

Your logic is basically correct AFAIK. : )

However, it could be harder than you think. I mean, combining the
Android-specific codes with the Treo-specific codes. Since they're
based on different Linux releases. (2.6.25 and 2.6.27)

Let me explain a little bit with my very limited knowledge on how it
(doesn’t) works (others please correct me if anything is incorrect,
please......)

=====
- Since the specific codes are not in the same release, they need to
be combined into a same tree.
- There are 2 ways:

A1. Run a diff between the generic 2.6.25 kernel and the Android
kernel on git.android.com
A2. A patch with the differences between them is generated
A3. Merge the patch with the Treo kernel on git.hackndev.com

B1...B3, basically the same, just that the initial diff is run
between the generic 2.6.27 kernel and the Treo-specific kernel, and
then merge the patch with the Android kernel.

- Now, since they're from different releases as mentioned above, the
"patches" cannot merge nicely and smoothly. Resulting in a few/some/
many errors
- As a result, the codes in the merged kernels are broken and cannot
compile
=====

To solve the problem, one needs to be knowledgeable in kernel hacking
to resolve the differences and make the patches merge "well" and
compile a working kernel. To someone who's adapt at doing such, it
maybe a piece of cake, but I'm not such one... ; )

To use a (bad) car analogy: There are 2 customized cars, they're from
the same series but one is a 2004 model and the other is a 2007 model.
Therefore, the customizations on one model do not necessarily work on
the other without further modifications.

I do hope there'll be someone to work it out, but guess we'll have to
wait, for now.

I’m also trying to find a more recent generic Android patch to patch
the Hack&Dev tree. The ones I have are based on 2.6.23 (an earlier
Android release) which merge poorly with the H&D tree (2.6.27).

Another possibility (?) is that the Treo-specific codes and Android-
specific codes got merged into the mainstream kernel, then it should
be really a (or two) piece of cakes to compile a working "Treorid"-
kernel.

Cheers!

On Oct 28, 12:34 pm, NickDG <nick.del.gra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can't we just work off the kernel being used over at Hack&Dev? I was
> just reading they got the Centro and 700p booting using the 680
> kernel.
>
> We can build upon this kernel to add support for the various
> hardware. If the display and keyboard are working in the current
> release, it may be enough to start Android.
>
> Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but if we get a working Linux
> kernel, we should be able to use an already-ARM-compiled Android
> system, living on an ext3fs partition. (SDcard)
>
> - Nick
>
> On Oct 27, 12:28 pm, Lo Yuk Fai <loyuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What I have done was just downloading some codes, typed in some
> > commands and so.
>
> > I think we need someone knowledgeable in hacking the kernel to step in
> > in order to get it goes further... : )
>
> > Cheers!
>
> > On Oct 26, 11:39 am, Stillmatic <Nadeem.Mun...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > hmmm...I'll be watching this thread closely for progress on a centro
> > > port. Good work fellas

NickDG

Oct 31, 2008, 12:44:10 AM10/31/08
to android-porting
I was wondering what was going on! I thought the thread died in the
other group. ;)

Let me digest this for a bit and I will respond. :)

- Nick

On Oct 29, 3:13 pm, Lo Yuk Fai <loyuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Note: To continue the discussion over Android Internals
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-internals/browse_thread/thread...

Lo Yuk Fai

Nov 2, 2008, 6:25:36 AM11/2/08
to android-porting
Updated status: Android boot screen is shown on 650 but struck there.

Special thanks to 安藤恐竜 http://androidzaurus.seesaa.net/ and Alex
Osborne http://hackndev.com/ and many other people !!!!!!

- Got Treo kernel from git.hackndev.com
- Applied Android patches
- .config http://rapidshare.com/files/159902583/config.html (ifile.it
"has no upload server as of writing")
- Didn't compile binaries myself, used the ones from http://it029000.massey.ac.nz/vogue/
- Formatted SD card as a single FAT16 partition
- Put in the kernel image, initrd.gz, system.gz, data.gz, Cocoboot
http://hackndev.com/node/182
- Boot and got to the boot screen, Android blinks but struck there.
Strace records: http://ifile.it/8zxq4c3

Lo Yuk Fai

Nov 2, 2008, 7:23:36 AM11/2/08
to android-porting
Photo of booting: http://ifile.it/ysrg39c

.config (same as above, re-uploaded on ifile.it): http://ifile.it/5nk2bpl

On Nov 2, 7:25 pm, Lo Yuk Fai <loyuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Updated status: Android boot screen is shown on 650 but struck there.
>
> Special thanks to 安藤恐竜http://androidzaurus.seesaa.net/and Alex
> Osbornehttp://hackndev.com/and many other people !!!!!!
>
> - Got Treo kernel from git.hackndev.com
> - Applied Android patches
> - .confighttp://rapidshare.com/files/159902583/config.html(ifile.it
> "has no upload server as of writing")
> - Didn't compile binaries myself, used the ones fromhttp://it029000.massey.ac.nz/vogue/
> - Formatted SD card as a single FAT16 partition
> - Put in the kernel image, initrd.gz, system.gz, data.gz, Cocoboothttp://hackndev.com/node/182

NickDG

Nov 3, 2008, 12:20:00 AM11/3/08
to android-porting
Awesome work! Good to see that Android splash screen on the Treo.

Can you post the kernel image you are working with? I want to see if
I can replicate your results.

Are you doing anything special with the settings in Cocoboot?

Is there anyway we can dump the system log to the sd card? That might
help us find where it is getting hung up.

On Nov 2, 4:25 am, Lo Yuk Fai <loyuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Updated status: Android boot screen is shown on 650 but struck there.
>
> Special thanks to 安藤恐竜http://androidzaurus.seesaa.net/and Alex
> Osbornehttp://hackndev.com/and many other people !!!!!!
>
> - Got Treo kernel from git.hackndev.com
> - Applied Android patches
> - .confighttp://rapidshare.com/files/159902583/config.html(ifile.it
> "has no upload server as of writing")
> - Didn't compile binaries myself, used the ones fromhttp://it029000.massey.ac.nz/vogue/
> - Formatted SD card as a single FAT16 partition
> - Put in the kernel image, initrd.gz, system.gz, data.gz, Cocoboothttp://hackndev.com/node/182

john b

Nov 3, 2008, 2:28:37 PM11/3/08
to android-porting
I was able to get similar results on the Palm TX. I get to the boot
screen, and it sits there with the flashing android forever. I did
have some questions for you though.

How did you apply the Android patches to the kernel from HacknDev? I
did a per file modification but am sure that this is not the best way.

Also, how did you get the strace records off the device? I have been
battling the fact that I have no keyboard on the PalmTX. I am getting
tired of the boot/reboot, trying to catch info.

On Nov 2, 4:25 am, Lo Yuk Fai <loyuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Updated status: Android boot screen is shown on 650 but struck there.
>
> Special thanks to 安藤恐竜http://androidzaurus.seesaa.net/and Alex
> Osbornehttp://hackndev.com/and many other people !!!!!!
>
> - Got Treo kernel from git.hackndev.com
> - Applied Android patches
> - .confighttp://rapidshare.com/files/159902583/config.html(ifile.it
> "has no upload server as of writing")
> - Didn't compile binaries myself, used the ones fromhttp://it029000.massey.ac.nz/vogue/
> - Formatted SD card as a single FAT16 partition
> - Put in the kernel image, initrd.gz, system.gz, data.gz, Cocoboothttp://hackndev.com/node/182

Lo Yuk Fai

Nov 4, 2008, 1:26:44 AM11/4/08
to android-porting
- The zImage: http://ifile.it/wgz19up

- No I didn't, I booted with an empty command line.

- I think it's possible... The binaries from the Vogue dev were
actually ext3 images, which can be mounted on a Linux box. I'll give
it a try later...

Cheers!

On Nov 3, 1:20 pm, NickDG <nick.del.gra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Awesome work! Good to see that Android splash screen on the Treo.
>
> Can you post the kernel image you are working with? I want to see if
> I can replicate your results.
>
> Are you doing anything special with the settings in Cocoboot?
>
> Is there anyway we can dump the system log to the sd card? That might
> help us find where it is getting hung up.
>
> On Nov 2, 4:25 am, Lo Yuk Fai <loyuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Updated status: Android boot screen is shown on 650 but struck there.
>
> > Special thanks to 安藤恐竜http://androidzaurus.seesaa.net/andAlex
> > Osbornehttp://hackndev.com/andmany other people !!!!!!

Lo Yuk Fai

Nov 4, 2008, 1:30:21 AM11/4/08
to android-porting
I got the patch from someone else who's also working on Android.

For strace, you may refer to the page below. I modified the init
script and used strace to bring up the init process.

http://benno.id.au/blog/2007/11/18/android-runtime-strace

Cheers!

On Nov 4, 3:28 am, john b <jblac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was able to get similar results on the Palm TX. I get to the boot
> screen, and it sits there with the flashing android forever. I did
> have some questions for you though.
>
> How did you apply the Android patches to the kernel from HacknDev? I
> did a per file modification but am sure that this is not the best way.
>
> Also, how did you get the strace records off the device? I have been
> battling the fact that I have no keyboard on the PalmTX. I am getting
> tired of the boot/reboot, trying to catch info.
>
> On Nov 2, 4:25 am, Lo Yuk Fai <loyuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Updated status: Android boot screen is shown on 650 but struck there.
>
> > Special thanks to 安藤恐竜http://androidzaurus.seesaa.net/andAlex
> > Osbornehttp://hackndev.com/andmany other people !!!!!!

NickDG

Nov 4, 2008, 4:50:07 AM11/4/08
to android-porting
Thanks for the kernel. I was able to replicate your results. I did
notice some errors with pppd on boot.

I installed Linux in VMware so I was able to mount the system.img and
data.img files. I am searching for the logs now.

- Nick

On Nov 3, 10:26 pm, Lo Yuk Fai <loyuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> - The zImage:http://ifile.it/wgz19up
>
> - No I didn't, I booted with an empty command line.
>
> - I think it's possible... The binaries from the Vogue dev were
> actually ext3 images, which can be mounted on a Linux box. I'll give
> it a try later...
>
> Cheers!
>
> On Nov 3, 1:20 pm, NickDG <nick.del.gra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Awesome work! Good to see that Android splash screen on the Treo.
>
> > Can you post the kernel image you are working with? I want to see if
> > I can replicate your results.
>
> > Are you doing anything special with the settings in Cocoboot?
>
> > Is there anyway we can dump the system log to the sd card? That might
> > help us find where it is getting hung up.
>
> > On Nov 2, 4:25 am, Lo Yuk Fai <loyuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Updated status: Android boot screen is shown on 650 but struck there.
>
> > > Special thanks to 安藤恐竜http://androidzaurus.seesaa.net/andAlex
> > > Osbornehttp://hackndev.com/andmanyother people !!!!!!

NickDG

Nov 4, 2008, 5:30:06 AM11/4/08
to android-porting
Just a quick observation. If I leave the 650 alone after the Android
logo comes up, eventually the onscreen animation will stop. When it
stops, if I tap the screen, it will start the animation over again.

So at least we know the touchscreen is working in some manner. :)

- Nick

On Nov 4, 1:50 am, NickDG <nick.del.gra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the kernel. I was able to replicate your results. I did
> notice some errors with pppd on boot.
>
> I installed Linux in VMware so I was able to mount the system.img and
> data.img files. I am searching for the logs now.
>
> - Nick
>
> On Nov 3, 10:26 pm, Lo Yuk Fai <loyuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > - The zImage:http://ifile.it/wgz19up
>
> > - No I didn't, I booted with an empty command line.
>
> > - I think it's possible... The binaries from the Vogue dev were
> > actually ext3 images, which can be mounted on a Linux box. I'll give
> > it a try later...
>
> > Cheers!
>
> > On Nov 3, 1:20 pm, NickDG <nick.del.gra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Awesome work! Good to see that Android splash screen on the Treo.
>
> > > Can you post the kernel image you are working with? I want to see if
> > > I can replicate your results.
>
> > > Are you doing anything special with the settings in Cocoboot?
>
> > > Is there anyway we can dump the system log to the sd card? That might
> > > help us find where it is getting hung up.

Lo Yuk Fai

Nov 4, 2008, 4:45:04 PM11/4/08
to android-porting
I just compiled 2 new kernels based on the latest tree available on
Hack&Dev...

Treo 650: http://ifile.it/7lcizdx
Treo 680: http://ifile.it/x2d7sn4

The 650 kernel boots as before but the droid is still struck blinking.
Anybody want to test on the 680...? : )

Besides, below is the Android patch I used (from 安藤恐竜). Merged nicely
with the H&D tree with a minor modification to drivers/android/
timed_gpio.c

http://ifile.it/cwpdi4n

And I applied the double buffer patch as well.

http://androidzaurus.seesaa.net/article/105551643.html

Remember to enable CONFIG_ASHMEM before compiling the kernel. You may
like to enable CONFIG_LOW_MEMORY_KILLER as well.

BTW, cocoboot is now up to 0.5.3

http://hackndev.com/trac/wiki/Cocoboot
http://releases.hackndev.com/tools/cocoboot/

Cheers!

> read more >>

Lo Yuk Fai

Nov 4, 2008, 7:45:31 PM11/4/08
to android-porting
Was thinking if it's because of low memory (of the 650) so I created a
swap file and tried again... Still failed...

Then tried stripping down init.rc... Still failed... But managed to
get some cleaner strace records... Seems like the zygote process got
struck in a loop...?

strace: http://ifile.it/8ftg17c
init.rc: http://ifile.it/0nkqui2
init script: http://ifile.it/ic2uw59

Any idea...? : )

P.S. Maybe it's about time to compile the complete system from source,
instead of using the binaries grabbed somewhere else...

On Nov 4, 5:45 pm, Lo Yuk Fai <loyuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just compiled 2 new kernels based on the latest tree available on
> Hack&Dev...
>
> Treo 650:http://ifile.it/7lcizdx
> Treo 680:http://ifile.it/x2d7sn4
>
> The 650 kernel boots as before but the droid is still struck blinking.
> Anybody want to test on the 680...? : )
>
> Besides, below is the Android patch I used (from 安藤恐竜). Merged nicely
> with the H&D tree with a minor modification to drivers/android/
> timed_gpio.c
>
> http://ifile.it/cwpdi4n
>
> And I applied the double buffer patch as well.
>
> http://androidzaurus.seesaa.net/article/105551643.html
>
> Remember to enable CONFIG_ASHMEM before compiling the kernel. You may
> like to enable CONFIG_LOW_MEMORY_KILLER as well.
>
> BTW, cocoboot is now up to 0.5.3
>
> http://hackndev.com/trac/wiki/Cocoboothttp://releases.hackndev.com/tools/cocoboot/
>
> read more >>

Lo Yuk Fai

Nov 5, 2008, 2:06:17 PM11/5/08
to android-porting
Excerpt of some suspecting strace entries:

servicemanager (below seems to happen everytime the zygote process is
killed and initialized again):

01:22:37.921873 writev(4, [{"\4", 1}, {"ServiceManager\0", 15},
{"service \'SurfaceFlinger\' died\n\0", 31}], 3) = 47
01:22:37.926675 ioctl(3, 0xc0186201, 0xbedfa968) = 0
01:22:37.929512 ioctl(3, 0xc0186201, 0xbedfaba8) = 0
01:22:37.932728 writev(4, [{"\4", 1}, {"ServiceManager\0", 15},
{"service \'power\' died\n\0", 22}], 3) = 38

zygote:

01:21:07.352798 writev(3, [{"\4", 1}, {"dalvikvm\0", 9}, {"System
server process 585 has been created\0", 43}], 3) = 53
01:21:07.356790 wait4(585, 0xbef47734, WNOHANG, NULL) = 0
01:21:07.360858 writev(3, [{"\4", 1}, {"Zygote\0", 7}, {"Accepting
command socket connections\0", 37}], 3) = 45
01:21:07.367318 select(11, [10], NULL, NULL, NULL) = ? ERESTARTNOHAND
(To be restarted)
01:21:17.831140 --- SIGCHLD (Child exited) @ 0 (0) ---
01:21:17.832426 wait4(-1, [{WIFSIGNALED(s) && WTERMSIG(s) ==
SIGKILL}], WNOHANG, NULL) = 585
01:21:17.835102 writev(3, [{"\4", 1}, {"Zygote\0", 7}, {"Exit zygote
because system server (585) has terminated\n\0", 56}], 3) = 64
01:21:17.839284 getpid() = 582
01:21:17.841646 kill(582, SIGKILL <unfinished ...>
01:21:17.858099 +++ killed by SIGKILL +++

systemserver (process 585):

01:21:10.356135 writev(3, [{"\4", 1}, {"sysproc\0", 8}, {"System
server: starting Android runtime.\n\0", 42}], 3) = 51
01:21:10.364728 writev(3, [{"\4", 1}, {"sysproc\0", 8}, {"System
server: starting Android services.\n\0", 43}], 3) = 52
01:21:10.448503 writev(3, [{"\4", 1}, {"SystemServer\0", 13},
{"Entered the Android system server!\0", 35}], 3) = 49
01:21:10.630296 mmap2(NULL, 8192, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|
MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x41016000
01:21:10.647187 mmap2(0x10000000, 1048576, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE,
MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS|MAP_NORESERVE, -1, 0) = 0x461b2000
01:21:10.672582 mprotect(0x461b2000, 4096, PROT_NONE) = 0
01:21:10.738952 clone(child_stack=0x462b1f00, flags=CLONE_VM|CLONE_FS|
CLONE_FILES|CLONE_SIGHAND|CLONE_THREAD|CLONE_SYSVSEM|CLONE_DETACHED) =
597
01:21:11.021835 futex(0x462b1f00, FUTEX_WAKE, 1) = 0
01:21:11.023728 futex(0xad07fd14, FUTEX_WAIT, -3, NULL) = 0
01:21:11.088526 futex(0xad07fd14, FUTEX_WAKE, 2147483647) = 1
01:21:11.116751 futex(0xad07fd10, FUTEX_WAKE, 1) = 1
01:21:11.141092 writev(3, [{"\4", 1}, {"sysproc\0", 8}, {"System
server: entering thread pool.\n\0", 38}], 3) = 47
01:21:11.153149 ioctl(10, 0xc018620101:21:17.824715 +++ killed by
SIGKILL +++

Unknown process, seems to be the one causing the loopback:

01:21:16.842115 open("/proc/585/cmdline", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = 27
01:21:16.845032 read(27, "system_server
\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0",
256) = 76
01:21:16.849035 close(27) = 0
01:21:16.851466 open("/proc/stat", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = 27
01:21:16.854044 read(27, "cpu 1593 0 3235 461 1012 208 0 0 0\ncpu0
1593 0 3235 461 1012 208 0 0 0\nintr 123212 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 18690 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 98010 0 1 6509 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0"..., 255) = 255
01:21:16.860803 close(27) = 0
01:21:16.921111 writev(3, [{"\5", 1}, {"dalvikvm\0", 9},
{"threadid=17: thread exiting with uncaught exception
(group=0x40010e28)\n\0", 72}], 3) = 82
01:21:17.006903 writev(3, [{"\6", 1}, {"AndroidRuntime\0", 15},
{"Uncaught handler: thread ActivityManager exiting due to uncaught
exception\0", 75}], 3) = 91
01:21:17.014049 writev(3, [{"\6", 1}, {"AndroidRuntime\0", 15}, {"***
EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS. System will crash.\0", 53}], 3) = 69
01:21:17.295560 writev(3, [{"\6", 1}, {"AndroidRuntime\0", 15},
{"java.lang.NumberFormatException: unable to parse \'\' as integer\n
\tat java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:366)\n\tat
java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:341)\n\tat
java.lang.Integer.valueOf(Integer.j"..., 484}], 3) = 500
01:21:17.306264 mprotect(0x411d4000, 8192, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE) = 0
01:21:17.584619 gettimeofday({3308716173, 585542}, NULL) = 0
01:21:17.593694 getpid() = 585
01:21:17.603261 getuid32() = 1000
01:21:17.607925 ioctl(10, 0xc0186201, 0x46449c00) = 0
01:21:17.612886 ioctl(10, 0xc0186201, 0x46449c00) = 0
01:21:17.624308 mprotect(0x411d5000, 8192, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE) = 0
01:21:17.628569 writev(3, [{"\6", 1}, {"AndroidRuntime\0", 15},
{"Crash logging skipped, no checkin service\0", 42}], 3) = 58
01:21:17.633819 getpid() = 585
01:21:17.716318 writev(3, [{"\4", 1}, {"Process\0", 8}, {"Sending
signal. PID: 585 SIG: 9\0", 32}], 3) = 41
01:21:17.721711 kill(585, SIGKILL01:21:17.799180 +++ killed by SIGKILL
+++

After this, the boot process starts again...
> >http://hackndev.com/trac/wiki/Cocoboothttp://releases.hackndev.com/to...
>
> read more >>

woodbook

Nov 5, 2008, 5:46:01 PM11/5/08
to android-porting
Hi, I also could see similar result with you when I tried for my
treo650 after several trial to boot up with your zImage and vogue
system images.
# Thanks Lo :)

And I noticed one thing in strace messages Lo uploaded previously.
When I saw strace outputs at a glance, I noticed some messages for
failed to open /dev/pmem and succeeded to open /dev/binder.

In my understanding, /dev/pmem is the device file for the driver which
is under drivers/android directory of android kernel 1.0.
And binder is one of IPC extention in android kernel, that shoule be
there in drivers/android directory of kernel 0.9, but I couldn't find
in 1.0 kernel tree..
So I thought that we are trying to boot 1.0 system image with 0.9
kernel, and that combination has some conflictions.

Can some guys try to boot with 0.9 system image?
And does someone know where binder has been gone in 1.0 kernel?
> \0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\-0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0",
>
> もっと読む >>- 引用テキストを表示しない -
>
> - 引用テキストを表示 -

Lo Yuk Fai

Nov 5, 2008, 11:08:01 PM11/5/08
to android-porting
I want to know what /dev/pmem does too... Could it be a MSM-specific
thing...? Besides, ashmem and binder are there...

Isn't binder.c is still under /driver/android...?

http://git.android.com/?p=kernel.git;a=tree;f=drivers/android;h=0bcf46a8181a28365be673ab90fa1e69054c05aa;hb=android-2.6.25

IIRC, I read that the kernel codes haven't changed between 0.9 and
1.0, still the same 2.6.25 tree...? Also, the gentleman who sent me
the patch doesn't seem to have any problem running the 1.0 codes.

http://androidzaurus.seesaa.net/article/108547690.html

Cheers! : )

> read more >>

Lo Yuk Fai

Nov 6, 2008, 5:20:43 PM11/6/08
to android-porting
Just wondering... Anybody tried booting the kernel on the 680 or
Centro...?

P.S. If it's a Centro, you have to put in mem=64M in the command line
(Reference: http://hackndev.com/node/221#comment-896)

On Nov 4, 4:45 pm, Lo Yuk Fai <loyuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just compiled 2 new kernels based on the latest tree available on
> Hack&Dev...
>
> Treo 650:http://ifile.it/7lcizdx
> Treo 680:http://ifile.it/x2d7sn4
>
> The 650 kernel boots as before but the droid is still struck blinking.
> Anybody want to test on the 680...? : )
>
> Besides, below is the Android patch I used (from 安藤恐竜). Merged nicely
> with the H&D tree with a minor modification to drivers/android/
> timed_gpio.c
>
> http://ifile.it/cwpdi4n
>
> And I applied the double buffer patch as well.
>
> http://androidzaurus.seesaa.net/article/105551643.html
>
> Remember to enable CONFIG_ASHMEM before compiling the kernel. You may
> like to enable CONFIG_LOW_MEMORY_KILLER as well.
>
> BTW, cocoboot is now up to 0.5.3
>
> http://hackndev.com/trac/wiki/Cocoboothttp://releases.hackndev.com/tools/cocoboot/
>
> read more >>

woodbook

Nov 6, 2008, 6:07:03 PM11/6/08
to android-porting
Oops, sorry, I watched only head kernel tree.

I can only see /dev/binder in the emulator, so maybe we don't need to
take care for /dev/pmem as of now.
# I still don't understand why a process tried to open /dev/pmem yet..

Regards.

On Nov 5, 10:08 pm, Lo Yuk Fai <loyuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to know what /dev/pmem does too... Could it be a MSM-specific
> thing...? Besides, ashmem and binder are there...
>
> Isn't binder.c is still under /driver/android...?
>
> http://git.android.com/?p=kernel.git;a=tree;f=drivers/android;h=0bcf4...
>
> read more >>- Hide quoted text -

NickDG

Nov 6, 2008, 8:10:07 PM11/6/08
to android-porting
I have a Centro I can test this with. You want me to use the 680
kernel?

I have tried older kernels in the past with no success. (Just freezes)

- Nick

On Nov 6, 2:20 pm, Lo Yuk Fai <loyuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just wondering... Anybody tried booting the kernel on the 680 or
> Centro...?
>
> P.S. If it's a Centro, you have to put in mem=64M in the command line
> (Reference:http://hackndev.com/node/221#comment-896)
>
> On Nov 4, 4:45 pm, Lo Yuk Fai <loyuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I just compiled 2 new kernels based on the latest tree available on
> > Hack&Dev...
>
> > Treo 650:http://ifile.it/7lcizdx
> > Treo 680:http://ifile.it/x2d7sn4
>
> > The 650 kernel boots as before but the droid is still struck blinking.
> > Anybody want to test on the 680...? : )
>
> > Besides, below is the Android patch I used (from 安藤恐竜). Merged nicely
> > with the H&D tree with a minor modification to drivers/android/
> > timed_gpio.c
>
> >http://ifile.it/cwpdi4n
>
> > And I applied the double buffer patch as well.
>
> >http://androidzaurus.seesaa.net/article/105551643.html
>
> > Remember to enable CONFIG_ASHMEM before compiling the kernel. You may
> > like to enable CONFIG_LOW_MEMORY_KILLER as well.
>
> > BTW, cocoboot is now up to 0.5.3
>
> >http://hackndev.com/trac/wiki/Cocoboothttp://releases.hackndev.com/to...
>
> read more >>

mizmit1222

Nov 6, 2008, 8:44:22 PM11/6/08
to android-porting
Hi,

I've ported open-sourced Android to Zaurus C3000. My /dev directory
doesn't have pmem device, but Android works fine.

I grepped "/dev/pmem" in Android source tree and found it clearly says
hardware depended and ifdefed by HAS_ANDROID_OS. It seems to me
/dev/pmem is a driver of frame buffer memory which is connected to 2D
accelerator of MSM7200. Surface flinger and OpenCore uses it to render
the display.

IMHO, you'd better to build Android image from source code by
yourself.
I wish I could help you by sharing my image, but it's already tuned
for
Zaurus. For now I'm too busy to revert it to vanilla. Sorry.

Good luck,

> read more >>

ato

Nov 7, 2008, 10:03:47 PM11/7/08
to android-porting
On Nov 5, 8:45 am, Lo Yuk Fai <loyuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Besides, below is the Android patch I used (from 安藤恐竜). Merged nicely
> with the H&D tree with a minor modification to drivers/android/
> timed_gpio.c
>
> http://ifile.it/cwpdi4n
>
> And I applied the double buffer patch as well.
>
> http://androidzaurus.seesaa.net/article/105551643.html

By the way, to save merging them yourself, I've applied the patches Lo
Yuk Fai mentioned in a separate branch of the Hack&Dev git repository:

http://git.hackndev.com/?p=linux-2.6;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/android

The branch can be checked out from an existing Hack&Dev linux-2.6 git
directory with:

git fetch
git checkout -b android origin/android

Or with a fresh clone:

git clone git://git.hacknde.com/linux-2.6
cd linux-2.6
git checkout -b android origin/android

Cheers,

Alex

Lo Yuk Fai

Nov 8, 2008, 2:29:39 AM11/8/08
to android-porting
Thanks Sirs! : )

BTW, I finally got to build the Android image myself... I put
everything (ramdisk.img, system.img and userdata.img) under an ext3
partition and call /init to start Android... But still got the same
old loop...

Cheers.

NickDG

Nov 8, 2008, 3:07:03 AM11/8/08
to android-porting
Update about the Centro.

I downloaded Cocoboot 0.5.3 and used the 680 kernel. Entering 1230
into the device ID does allow the kernel to boot.

It gets to mounting the filesystem then kernel panics.

I am using the same system.img and data.img from the 650 tests.

I also built Android from source but couldn't get it to boot by
putting those same files on a FAT16 partition. It said it couldn't
mount the system.

Are you doing anything special to point the kernel in the right
direction?

- Nick

Alex Osborne

Nov 8, 2008, 4:47:17 AM11/8/08
to android...@googlegroups.com
Lo Yuk Fai wrote:

> BTW, I finally got to build the Android image myself... I put
> everything (ramdisk.img, system.img and userdata.img) under an ext3
> partition and call /init to start Android... But still got the same
> old loop

I finally got around to trying it. The number parsing exception in your
strace logs is because your init.rc has a whole bunch of "setprop"
values commented out:

# setprop ro.FOREGROUND_APP_ADJ 0
# setprop ro.VISIBLE_APP_ADJ 1

Uncommenting them, I get stuck at the flashing logo though as well. I
also tried on the 680 which has 64mb of RAM, confirming it's not a low
mem problem. It basically seems to be sitting there doing nothing (no
disk activity).

Strace shows the following processes still actively making system calls:

==> init.580 <==

servicemanager. fd 3 is /dev/binder

09:44:39.632472 ioctl(3, 0xc0186201, 0xbeccfba8) = 0
09:44:40.636847 ioctl(3, 0xc0186201, 0xbeccf940) = 0
09:44:40.646469 ioctl(3, 0xc0186201, 0xbeccfba8) = 0
09:44:40.648673 ioctl(3, 0xc0186201, 0xbeccfba8) = 0
09:44:41.657157 ioctl(3, 0xc0186201, 0xbeccf940) = 0
09:44:41.666599 ioctl(3, 0xc0186201, 0xbeccfba8) = 0
09:44:41.668813 ioctl(3, 0xc0186201, 0xbeccfba8) = 0
09:44:42.677166 ioctl(3, 0xc0186201, 0xbeccf940) = 0
09:44:42.686604 ioctl(3, 0xc0186201, 0xbeccfba8) = 0
09:44:42.688813 ioctl(3, 0xc0186201

==> init.587 <==

Subthread of system server, jdwp=java debug wire protocol?

09:44:34.843637 connect(13, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path=@jdwp-control}, 15)
= -1 ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)
09:44:34.847744 nanosleep({2, 0}, {2, 0}) = 0
09:44:36.851929 connect(13, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path=@jdwp-control}, 15)
= -1 ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)
09:44:36.854830 nanosleep({2, 0}, {2, 0}) = 0
09:44:38.861607 connect(13, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path=@jdwp-control}, 15)
= -1 ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)
09:44:38.864472 nanosleep({2, 0}, {2, 0}) = 0
09:44:40.871616 connect(13, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path=@jdwp-control}, 15)
= -1 ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)
09:44:40.874299 nanosleep({2, 0}, {2, 0}) = 0
09:44:42.881616 connect(13, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path=@jdwp-control}, 15)
= -1 ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)
09:44:42.884318 nanosleep({2, 0},

==> init.595 <==

This one looks promising, it starts a whole bunch of other services and
then gets stuck on audio. This could be our problem.

09:44:40.639528 writev(3, [{"\4", 1}, {"ServiceManager\0", 15},
{"Waiting for sevice media.audio_flinger...\n\0", 43}], 3) = 59
09:44:40.644124 nanosleep({1, 0}, {1, 0}) = 0
09:44:41.651905 ioctl(10, 0xc0186201, 0x45accb80) = 0
09:44:41.654913 ioctl(10, 0xc0186201, 0x45accb80) = 0
09:44:41.659835 writev(3, [{"\4", 1}, {"ServiceManager\0", 15},
{"Waiting for sevice media.audio_flinger...\n\0", 43}], 3) = 59
09:44:41.664241 nanosleep({1, 0}, {1, 0}) = 0
09:44:42.671864 ioctl(10, 0xc0186201, 0x45accb80) = 0
09:44:42.674752 ioctl(10, 0xc0186201, 0x45accb80) = 0
09:44:42.679839 writev(3, [{"\4", 1}, {"ServiceManager\0", 15},
{"Waiting for sevice media.audio_flinger...\n\0", 43}], 3) = 59
09:44:42.684248 nanosleep({1, 0},

==> init.596 <==

I suspect that is the splash screen.

09:44:43.058930 nanosleep({0, 66668000}, {0, 66668000}) = 0
09:44:43.131671 futex(0x82b48, FUTEX_WAKE, 2147483647) = 1
09:44:43.133971 clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, {487, 714704923}) = 0
09:44:43.138460 nanosleep({0, 66668000}, {0, 66668000}) = 0
09:44:43.211676 futex(0x82b48, FUTEX_WAKE, 2147483647) = 1
09:44:43.213981 clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, {487, 794707383}) = 0
09:44:43.218470 nanosleep({0, 66668000}, {0, 66668000}) = 0
09:44:43.291666 futex(0x82b48, FUTEX_WAKE, 2147483647) = 1
09:44:43.293980 clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, {487, 874707383}) = 0
09:44:43.298468 nanosleep({0, 66668000}, {0, 66668000}) = 0

==> init.597 <==

I believe this the ActivityManager.

09:44:33.776728 clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, {478, 357452307}) = 0
09:44:33.779153 clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, {478, 359879692}) = 0
09:44:33.781616 clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, {478, 362341845}) = 0
09:44:33.783914 futex(0x640fc, FUTEX_WAIT, -5, {4, 995537847}) = -1
ETIMEDOUT (Connection timed out)
09:44:38.792625 clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, {483, 373346460}) = 0
09:44:38.795112 clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, {483, 375837537}) = 0
09:44:38.797556 clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, {483, 378284922}) = 0
09:44:38.799987 clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, {483, 380859692}) = 0
09:44:38.802462 clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, {483, 383190769}) = 0
09:44:38.804738 futex(0x640fc, FUTEX_WAIT, -5, {4, 994668923}

Lo Yuk Fai

Nov 8, 2008, 11:52:47 AM11/8/08
to android-porting
> I also built Android from source but couldn't get it to boot by
> putting those same files on a FAT16 partition. It said it couldn't
> mount the system.

The default Android images are IIRC, YAFFS2. You need to convert them
into ext2/3 if you plan to use the initrd.gz from Vogue.

I just extracted all 3 images into a second ext3 partition on the SD
card. The FAT16 partition has cocoboot and zImage, but no initrd.gz. I
used "cmdline = root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init rootdelay=1" so Android
fires up automatically.

Lo Yuk Fai

Nov 8, 2008, 11:56:32 AM11/8/08
to android-porting
BTW, the guide below talks about how to convert the original images
into ext2/3

http://www.myhtcphone.com/node/13

NickDG

Nov 8, 2008, 6:23:55 PM11/8/08
to android-porting
Thanks that did it. Booted to the splash screen. With my compiled
source.

Alex, do you think the android audio flinger is having problems
accessing the kernel audio driver? I wonder if Android can boot with
the audio flinger disabled.

NickDG

Nov 8, 2008, 6:37:30 PM11/8/08
to android-porting
Clarification on my above post. I was able to boot the 650 with my
compiled android source to the splash screen.

On my Centro, using the 680 kernel, it boots, but kernel panics right
after mounting the file systems.

Welcome to Vouge Linux

kjournald starting, Commit interval 5 seconds
EXT3-fs warning, check timereached, runnuing e2fsck is recommended.
EXT3 FS on 100p0, internal journal
kjournald starting. Commit interval 5 seconds
EXT3-fs warning, check timereached, runnuing e2fsck is recommended.
EXT3 FS on 100p1, internal journal
kernel panic - not syncing: Attempting to kill init!

Lo Yuk Fai

Nov 9, 2008, 4:26:03 PM11/9/08
to android-porting
First of all many thanks for your effort! : )

Been pondering about this over the weekend. Actually, I was tinkering
with the init scripts in the last few weeks, tried to see if there was
any improvement and change. Got >20 sets of strace records with
various options enabled and disabled.

I'm not sure if it's true or not, but remember reading somewhere that
the essential services for Android are servicemanager (binder), zygote
and dbus. So once I tried running with only them enabled, but still
got the loop. It wasn't a tightly controlled environment so it
certainly could be something else.

What can we do now...? I'm thinking if it's a good idea to get a set
of strace records from a successfully booted Android system
(mizmit1222 you have one...?) and compare it with what we've got.

Thanks again and have a nice day!

NickDG

Nov 9, 2008, 11:39:33 PM11/9/08
to android-porting
There must be a way to turn on system logging. This will at least
tell us what service is hanging up.

I believe there is also an option to boot Android without the splash
screen. This would help with troubleshooting.

Both these options can be set before Android is compiled.

NickDG

Nov 9, 2008, 11:43:28 PM11/9/08
to android-porting
Also, if you need strace records from a successfully booted Android
system, try using the emulator.

john b

Nov 9, 2008, 11:52:17 PM11/9/08
to android-porting
From my experience, turning off the splash screen can make it boot
faster, but it still goes to a black screen with no info printed out.

woodbook

Nov 10, 2008, 8:14:04 PM11/10/08
to android-porting
Just an FYI.
If you set lager value for loglevel in init.rc, like 6,
then init process will tell something to us more fluently.

Lo Yuk Fai

Nov 11, 2008, 10:43:19 AM11/11/08
to android-porting
A question... How do you make logcat to write the log to a file on the
device itself...?

woodbook

Nov 11, 2008, 3:59:30 PM11/11/08
to android-porting
Well, that FYI I posted is about init, not logcat.
You can see the outputs from init process in strace created files.
# Let me know if I'm missing the point.

Oh, one more thing.
This tip might not work for vogue image, I've not seen those so
deeply.

NickDG

Nov 11, 2008, 4:08:24 PM11/11/08
to android-porting
Yeah I think there is no reason for the Vouge image anymore. Lo got
it booting straight to the Android system.

I also noticed in init.rc has a setting to enable/disable the boot
screen.

I partitioned my SD card into a fat16 and a ext3 partition. I copied
the system files over to the ext3 partition and set the boot options
as Lo described above in Cocoboot.

The kernel can't initialize init. Am I doing something wrong? I am
copying the "root" folder to the root of the ext3 partition, then
adding the system and data folders.

Trying to get the Centro to the boot screen too. It needs to catchup
to our progress with the 650. :)

NickDG

Nov 11, 2008, 4:47:51 PM11/11/08
to android-porting
I am copying the CONTENTS of the root folder to the root of the ext3
partition. Sorry for the confusion.

mizmit1222

Nov 11, 2008, 6:19:32 PM11/11/08
to android-porting
Hi,

A wild guess. lib-referenceril.so might misunderstand your modem.
Quick and dirty hack, which I can think of at this moment, is ---
rename ril-referenceril.so to something else. Or change the
permission of /dev/ttyS0 to 400.

I don't have development environment around at this moment, so I
can not confirm. But there's an entry of "rild" option in /init.rc,
which
setups comm device used by ril, if my memory serves me correctly.
Modifying the device name not to grub the modem is better way to
test.

If your issue is radio interface glitch, it should be fixed by
patching
AT command set implemented in lib-referenceril.

Cheers,

Lo Yuk Fai

Nov 11, 2008, 6:41:22 PM11/11/08
to android-porting
FYI, these are the files and directories on the root folder of my ext3
partition:

drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 1024 2008-11-08 02:01 .
drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4096 2008-11-08 02:44 ..
drwxr-x--x 13 root root 1024 2008-11-08 01:49 data
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 93 2008-11-08 02:01 default.prop
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 1024 2008-11-08 02:01 dev
-rwxr-x--- 1 root root 98280 2008-11-08 02:01 init
-rwxr-x--- 1 root root 1722 2008-11-08 02:01 init.goldfish.rc
-rwxr-x--- 1 root root 8321 2008-11-08 02:01 init.rc
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 1024 2008-11-08 02:01 proc
drwxr-x--- 2 root root 1024 2008-11-08 02:01 sbin
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 1024 2008-11-08 02:01 sys
drwxr-xr-x 13 root root 1024 2008-11-08 01:50 system

Alex Osborne

Nov 11, 2008, 7:05:00 PM11/11/08
NickDG wrote:
> Trying to get the Centro to the boot screen too. It needs to catchup
> to our progress with the 650. :)

Nick, have you tried my kernel build with Centro support compiled in?
Here's an android patched kernel that should work on the 650, 680,
Centro and may work to some extent on the LifeDrive, TX, T|T5, T|C and
Zire 72 machines as well. I've only tested it on the 650 and 680 though.

http://releases.hackndev.com/kernels/zImage-multidevice-android-2.6.27-00076-g572d884

Config it was built with:

http://releases.hackndev.com/kernels/zImage-multidevice-android-2.6.27-00076-g572d884.config

Source:

git clone git://git.hackndev.com/kernel-2.6
cd kernel-2.6
git checkout origin/android

You won't need to change the machine id to "1230", leave it as "1944"
with this one as it actually knows about the Centro, not just the 680.
See the Centro forum thread for more information about the status of the
port:

http://hackndev.com/node/221

If you get "0 Unknown Device", upgrade Cocoboot to 0.5.3.

Cheers,

Alex

Lo Yuk Fai

Nov 11, 2008, 7:49:29 PM11/11/08
to android-porting
Thanks for your idea... Though both changing the permission of /dev/
ttyS0, and renaming lib-referenceril.so don't seem to help.

How about commenting out the rild-related lines in init.rc?

Speaking of rild, there's always a warning message during the boot
process, that "rlid uses 32-bit capabilities (legacy support in use)"
blah blah blah...

At the moment, I'm trying to get strace up and running again. Now that
Android is directly booted from the ext3 partition, I couldn't run
strace. The kernel is complaining that it couldn't bring up an initial
console.

On Nov 11, 6:19 pm, mizmit1222 <mizmit1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A wild guess. lib-referenceril.so might misunderstand your modem.
> Quick and dirty hack, which I can think of at this moment, is ---
> rename ril-referenceril.so to something else. Or change the
> permission of /dev/ttyS0 to 400.
>
> I don't have development environment around at this moment, so I
> can not confirm. But there's an entry of "rild" option in /init.rc,
> which
> setups comm device used by ril, if my memory serves me correctly.
> Modifying the device name not to grub the modem is better way to
> test.
>
> If your issue is radio interface glitch, it should be fixed by
> patching
> AT command set implemented in lib-referenceril.
>
> Cheers,
>
> On Nov 2, 8:25 pm, Lo Yuk Fai <loyuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Updated status: Android boot screen is shown on 650 but struck there.
>
> > Special thanks to 安藤恐竜http://androidzaurus.seesaa.net/andAlex
> > Osbornehttp://hackndev.com/andmany other people !!!!!!

Alex Osborne

Nov 11, 2008, 9:14:51 PM11/11/08
Lo Yuk Fai wrote:

> At the moment, I'm trying to get strace up and running again. Now that
> Android is directly booted from the ext3 partition, I couldn't run
> strace. The kernel is complaining that it couldn't bring up an initial
> console.

It means that /dev/console is missing. I assume Android's init creates
dynamically, but your strace stuff is running before init so it doesn't
exist yet. It should be easy enough to fix, just create or copy from
your PC the /dev/console and /dev/null device nodes. You might also
need /dev/tty and /dev/tty1.

Cheers,

Alex

NickDG

Nov 12, 2008, 1:33:48 AM11/12/08
to android-porting
Hey Alex,

Thanks for the kernel. I tried and successfully got it to boot.

It worked with 1944. I used the following settings

root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 mem=64m rootdelay=1 init=/init

I get a kernel panic when it tried to execute init. Permissions look
right. hmmm...

I've been keeping my eye on the Centro topic at Hackndev. Sorry I
haven't posted in there yet!

- Nick

On Nov 11, 4:05 pm, Alex Osborne <a...@meshy.org> wrote:
> NickDG wrote:
> > Trying to get the Centro to the boot screen too.  It needs to catchup
> > to our progress with the 650.  :)
>
> Nick, have you tried my kernel build with Centro support compiled in?
> Here's an android patched kernel that should work on the 650, 680,
> Centro and may work to some extent on the LifeDrive, TX, T|T5, T|C and
> Zire 72 machines as well.  I've only tested it on the 650 and 680 though.
>
> http://releases.hackndev.com/kernels/zImage-multidevice-android-2.6.2...
>
> Config it was built with:
>
> http://releases.hackndev.com/kernels/zImage-multidevice-android-2.6.2...

NickDG

Nov 12, 2008, 4:37:00 AM11/12/08
to android-porting
Update: Now I am getting this error.

A N D R O I D init: Unable to open persistent property directory /data/
property errno: 2
init: cannot find `/system/bin/playmp3` disabling `bootsound`
sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
# warning `rild` uses 32-bit capabilities (legacy support in use)

Strags

Nov 12, 2008, 1:29:15 PM11/12/08
to android-porting

I'm using the debian/lenny rootfs from http://hackndev.com/node/212.

I've built android, and copied the root filesystem into /android_root
on /.

I boot debian, ssh in (over USB), and then:

chroot android_root ./init

This brings up the same messages that you're getting, and then the
flashing robot. At this point, I can (using another shell), go into /
android_root/dev/log, and look at a bunch of interesting log messages.

strings main

Unfortunately, the boot process seems to be continually dying and
restarting:

http://codepuppies.com/~ben/treo/bootlog.txt

NickDG

Nov 12, 2008, 5:54:43 PM11/12/08
to android-porting
Boot log is great! Thanks for the work.

Surface flinger was the first service to die before they all went
down.

This section has some errors that maybe caused it to die?

SurfaceFlinger
SurfaceFlinger is starting
MemoryHeapBase
error opening /dev/pmem: No such file or directory
SurfaceFlinger
SurfaceFlinger's main thread ready to run. Initializing graphics H/
W...
SurfaceFlinger
Couldn't open /sys/android_power/wait_for_fb_sleep or /sys/
android_power/wait_for_fb_wake
GLLogger
couldn't load <libhgl.so> library (Cannot find library)
SurfaceFlinger
EGL informations:
SurfaceFlinger
# of configs : 4
SurfaceFlinger
vendor : Android
SurfaceFlinger
version : 1.2 Android META-EGL
SurfaceFlinger
extensions: EGL_ANDROID_query_string_config EGL_ANDROID_swap_rectangle
SurfaceFlinger
ext/config: EGL_ANDROID_swap_rectangle
SurfaceFlinger
Client API: OpenGL ES
EGLDisplaySurface
using (fd=21)
id = PXA
xres = 320 px
yres = 320 px
xres_virtual = 320 px
yres_virtual = 640 px
bpp = 16
r = 11:5
g = 5:6
b = 0:5
EGLDisplaySurface
width = 51 mm (159.372543 dpi)
height = 38 mm (213.894730 dpi)
refresh rate = 57.78 Hz
SurfaceFlinger
OpenGL informations:
SurfaceFlinger
vendor : Android
SurfaceFlinger
renderer : Android PixelFlinger 1.0
SurfaceFlinger
version : OpenGL ES-CM 1.0
SurfaceFlinger
extensions: GL_OES_byte_coordinates GL_OES_fixed_point
GL_OES_single_precision GL_OES_read_format
GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture GL_OES_draw_texture
GL_OES_matrix_get GL_OES_query_matrix GL_ARB_texture_compression
GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ANDROID_direct_texture
GL_ANDROID_user_clip_plane GL_ANDROID_vertex_buffer_object
GL_ANDROID_generate_mipmap

We are seeing pmem pop up again. Trying to access memory that doesn't
exist on the system maybe? Can we rem it out in the source?

- Nick

On Nov 12, 10:29 am, Strags <str...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using the debian/lenny rootfs fromhttp://hackndev.com/node/212.

NickDG

Nov 12, 2008, 6:37:41 PM11/12/08
to android-porting
I too searched through the source for /dev/pmem and found this section
in system/core/init/devices.c

{ "/dev/pmem", 0660, AID_SYSTEM, AID_GRAPHICS, 0 },
{ "/dev/pmem_gpu", 0660, AID_SYSTEM, AID_GRAPHICS, 1 },
{ "/dev/pmem_adsp", 0660, AID_SYSTEM, AID_AUDIO, 1 },
{ "/dev/pmem_camera", 0660, AID_SYSTEM, AID_CAMERA, 1 },

Looks like 3 are enabled and 1 is disabled. I am going to disable the
other 3, re-compile and see if that will get us past the surface
flinger problem.

Strags

Nov 13, 2008, 2:03:51 PM11/13/08
to android-porting

I don't know if the 0/1 is enabled/disabled - looking at the source,
that corresponds to a field called "prefix", which I think may have a
different meaning - something to do with permissions.
Neither the tree that I downloaded from google, or the tree from
hackndev have a drivers/android/pmem.c file, but there's one here:

http://git.android.com/?p=kernel.git;a=tree;f=drivers/android;h=1612ef4de84a6a7f2639c235fdc3541983583dec;hb=HEAD

What's up with that?

woodbook

Nov 13, 2008, 3:58:23 PM11/13/08
to android-porting
Hi John,

I have one simple question for you.
Cld you tell me how did you turn off the splash screen?
Did you pass some boot parameter to the kernel, or edit init.rc?

john b

Nov 13, 2008, 4:06:44 PM11/13/08
to android-porting
I added the line below to the init.rc. I put it with the some other
setprop's under the "on boot" section

setprop debug.sf.nobootanimation 1

There is an environment variable in the init.rc called
ANDROID_BOOTLOGO, which is set to 1. On the old version of android
(prior to 1.0 release) setting this to 0 would turn off th splash
screen, but it did not seem to work in 1.0. I found the setprop
commands do turn it off. Again though, the screen still just goes
black, no animation, but no info printed out either.

Some other interesting debug setprop's

setprop debug.sf.showbackground 0
setprop debug.sf.showfps 0
setprop debug.sf.showcpu 1
setprop debug.sf.showupdates 0

Enjoy!

woodbook

Nov 13, 2008, 4:45:41 PM11/13/08
to android-porting
Thanks for quick reply. :)
I wanted to turn tasks off which don't need for booting up itself to
make it lighter.
And also, I've got tired of that animation in these days.. B)

Lo Yuk Fai

Nov 14, 2008, 2:01:34 PM11/14/08
to android-porting
Just wonder... Will the log has more detail if loglevel in init.rc is
set to a higher value... Say, 6?

Cheers.

woodbook

Nov 14, 2008, 3:15:53 PM11/14/08
to android-porting
There are 3 definitions for loglevel in system/core/init/init.h.

#define ERROR(x...) log_write(3, "<3>init: " x)
#define NOTICE(x...) log_write(5, "<5>init: " x)
#define INFO(x...) log_write(6, "<6>init: " x)

Normally it's set as 3 so it only outputs ERROR level.

Have fun!

Lo Yuk Fai

Nov 16, 2008, 1:48:27 PM11/16/08
to android-porting
Got console back as instructed by Alex. But that's it, no other
progress.

If it's SurfaceFlinger, could it be something related to the frame
buffer...?

Cheers.

NickDG

Nov 16, 2008, 8:28:55 PM11/16/08
to android-porting
In the source, pmem is enabled for GPU acceleration. Since this
device isn't showing up on the Palm OS devices, I am guessing it
doesn't exist.

We need to build from source again with the pmem disabled/turned off.
Can we ask the Android team how to disable this? According to the
source pmem is an AID. Not sure if it is required.

- Nick

Lo Yuk Fai

Nov 17, 2008, 1:50:37 AM11/17/08
to android-porting
What's AID...?

Using the method mentioned by john b to disable the boot animation,
and strace to print its output to console. I got some messages,
presumably just before the loop began...

http://ifile.it/34oy2wb

Unfortunately it's too fast for me to see what's really shown... Again
showing a lack of solid debugging setup on our part... Anyway, is it
possible to disable the splash screen altogether, not just the
animation...?

BTW, I remember reading somewhere before that Android expects a
rectangular screen...? Is this requirement changed and square screen
works as well...?

Cheers!

NickDG

Nov 17, 2008, 6:20:38 PM11/17/08
to android-porting
An AID assists the system for acceleration. Usually an AID is not
required. I'm not 100% on this.

I have read all over the internet that the screen resolution is
variable. Question is, does it auto detect or must we specify it in
the source?

If Android only supports rectangular screens, we would probably end up
with black bars on the top and bottom of the Treo/Centro screen.
(320x240) The TX would be ok though.

- Nick

NickDG

Nov 21, 2008, 9:56:43 PM11/21/08
to android-porting
The following processes look like they have started and are running
normally..

/System/bin/servicemanager
/System/bin/mountd
/System/bin/debuggerd
/System/bin/rild
/System/bin/mediaserver
/System/bin/installd

The next step in the boot sequence is launching the zygote process.
The executable is /system/bin/app_process

After the zygote process is running, the runtime process must be
launched. I don't see an executable file for runtime, so I am
guessing it gets created dynamically.

The runtime process then starts the servicemanager process.

The zygote process (app_process) then launches DalvikVM.

This is where I believe we are getting stuck. When I manually try and
launch the app_process executable, nothing happens. No errors or
anything.

I am trying a few things to see what I can do with it.

Cheers!

- Nick

koba

Nov 22, 2008, 2:35:04 AM11/22/08
to android-porting
FYI,

> After the zygote process is running, the runtime process must be
> launched. I don't see an executable file for runtime, so I am
> guessing it gets created dynamically.

Actually, following processes are 'folk'ed from zygote and changed
process name by native method android.os.Process#setArgV0(String).
That's why you don't see such executable files.

> もっと読む >>

Lo Yuk Fai

Dec 23, 2008, 1:34:21 PM12/23/08
to android-porting
I just compiled and booted the new codes/binaries on my Treo 650,
unfortunately it's still in a loop and no-go.

Could someone enlighten me on the debug process...?

> read more >>

Don Spaulding

Dec 30, 2008, 6:54:37 PM12/30/08
to android-porting

Lo Yuk Fai wrote:
> I just compiled and booted the new codes/binaries on my Treo 650,
> unfortunately it's still in a loop and no-go.
>
> Could someone enlighten me on the debug process...?

Greetings Lo (and other Android on Treo hackers)!

I'm a long-time linux user, first-time kernel compiler, so this whole
process is a bit foreign to me. I'd like to get at least to the point
that you're at to see what I can do to help. Can you provide just a
brief overview of how you got to where you are right now? I've got
the Android master branch downloaded ( http://source.android.com/download
) and built against the generic target ($ make), but I'm a little
unsure where to go from here. Specific questions I have are...

What source are you using? android.git.kernel.org? hackndev?

Are there any patches you've applied?

What does the command look like to cross-compile to the ARM
architecture?

Using cocoboot?

Did you manage to get dropbear installed? Can you connect to the
phone from your PC?

I'd be grateful for any assistance, I'll try to stick around #android
and #hackndev if IRC is more convenient.
Don Spaulding

Lo Yuk Fai

Dec 31, 2008, 1:19:06 AM12/31/08
to android-porting
Greetings!

> What source are you using? android.git.kernel.org? hackndev?
> Are there any patches you've applied?

The kernel is based on the android.git.kernel.org tree.

Then I used git to get a diff between the stock and H&D's 2.6.27
kernel trees, and patched the above mentioned tree accordingly.

I uploaded the diff to http://www.mediafire.com/?1x9jnigundy

Afterwards, run "make palmt650_defconfig" to get a default .config.
IIRC, Thumb support is not enabled so you need to configure it
manually. You may also enable the Low Memory Killer.

> What does the command look like to cross-compile to the ARM
> architecture?

The Android sources include the ARM cross-compiling toolchains
already. I had also installed the CodeSourcery toolchains from
http://www.codesourcery.com/gnu_toolchains/arm/download.html

> Using cocoboot?

Yes sure.

> Did you manage to get dropbear installed? Can you connect to the
> phone from your PC?

Not yet tried.

After you've got the kernel, you can then partition the SD card into 2
partitions, 1 FAT for the zImage and 1 ext2/ext3 for the Android. You
can try running the Android init command directly by giving cocoboot
the command line "rootdelay=1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init".

For some reasons I only managed to do it with the pre-cupcake build,
but not the post-cupcake build (there are some permissions errors... I
think the reason is not because of Android but I haven't yet figured
it out). Anyway I made the Android binaries into system.img and
data.img, used a initrd.gz and mount them as loop devices on boot,
then load the Android init.

Hope this helps.

On Dec 31, 7:54 am, Don Spaulding <donspauldin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lo Yuk Fai wrote:
> > I just compiled and booted the new codes/binaries on my Treo 650,
> > unfortunately it's still in a loop and no-go.
>
> > Could someone enlighten me on the debug process...?
>
> Greetings Lo (and other Android on Treo hackers)!
>
> I'm a long-time linux user, first-time kernel compiler, so this whole
> process is a bit foreign to me.  I'd like to get at least to the point
> that you're at to see what I can do to help.  Can you provide just a
> brief overview of how you got to where you are right now?  I've got
> the Android master branch downloaded (http://source.android.com/download

Lo Yuk Fai

Dec 31, 2008, 1:21:01 AM12/31/08
to android-porting
One more thing, I also applied the double buffer patch from

On Dec 31, 2:19 pm, Lo Yuk Fai <loyuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> > What source are you using?  android.git.kernel.org?  hackndev?
> > Are there any patches you've applied?
>
> The kernel is based on the android.git.kernel.org tree.
>
> Then I used git to get a diff between the stock and H&D's 2.6.27
> kernel trees, and patched the above mentioned tree accordingly.
>
> I uploaded the diff tohttp://www.mediafire.com/?1x9jnigundy
>
> Afterwards, run "make palmt650_defconfig" to get a default .config.
> IIRC, Thumb support is not enabled so you need to configure it
> manually. You may also enable the Low Memory Killer.
>
> > What does the command look like to cross-compile to the ARM
> > architecture?
>
> The Android sources include the ARM cross-compiling toolchains
> already. I had also installed the CodeSourcery toolchains fromhttp://www.codesourcery.com/gnu_toolchains/arm/download.html

Lo Yuk Fai

Dec 31, 2008, 2:11:36 AM12/31/08
to android-porting
This is the logcat output...

I/DEBUG ( 598): debuggerd: Dec 23 2008 13:31:40
E/flash_image( 604): error scanning partitions: No such file or
directory
D/mountd ( 597): AddMountPoint device: /dev/block/mmcblk0,
mountPoint: /sdcard driverStorePath: /sys/devices/platform/
usb_mass_storage/lun0/file
E/mountd ( 597): could not read initial mass storage state
D/mountd ( 597): USB offline
D/mountd ( 597): RequestMount /sdcard
D/mountd ( 597): mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0 at /sdcard
D/mountd ( 597): CheckFilesystem(/dev/block/mmcblk0): fsck_msdos not
found (skipping checks)
D/mountd ( 597): mount returned -1 errno: 16
D/AndroidRuntime( 600):
D/AndroidRuntime( 600): >>>>>>>>>>>>>> AndroidRuntime START
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
D/AndroidRuntime( 600): CheckJNI is ON
I/ ( 601): ServiceManager: 0xabe0
W/AudioHardwareInterface( 601): Using stubbed audio hardware. No
sound will be produced.
I/AudioFlinger( 601): AudioFlinger's main thread ready to run.
I/CameraService( 601): CameraService started: pid=601
D/AndroidRuntime( 600): --- registering native functions ---
I/Zygote ( 600): Preloading classes...
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 761 objects / 42008 bytes in 27ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 284 objects / 17736 bytes in 15ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 302 objects / 18400 bytes in 10ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): Trying to load lib /system/lib/libmedia_jni.so 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 600): Added shared lib /system/lib/libmedia_jni.so 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 600): Trying to load lib /system/lib/libmedia_jni.so 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 600): Shared lib '/system/lib/libmedia_jni.so' already
loaded in same CL 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 600): Trying to load lib /system/lib/libmedia_jni.so 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 600): Shared lib '/system/lib/libmedia_jni.so' already
loaded in same CL 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 600): Trying to load lib /system/lib/libmedia_jni.so 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 600): Shared lib '/system/lib/libmedia_jni.so' already
loaded in same CL 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 3738 objects / 182104 bytes in 29ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 267 objects / 18976 bytes in 24ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 384 objects / 23000 bytes in 28ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 118 objects / 25240 bytes in 29ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 766 objects / 47488 bytes in 45ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 380 objects / 23584 bytes in 47ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): Trying to load lib /system/lib/libwebcore.so 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 600): Added shared lib /system/lib/libwebcore.so 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 488 objects / 28200 bytes in 48ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 288 objects / 20104 bytes in 55ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 391 objects / 21128 bytes in 51ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 1806 objects / 94360 bytes in 57ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 554 objects / 42920 bytes in 54ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 14400 objects / 504752 bytes in 84ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 11173 objects / 471104 bytes in 85ms
D/SSLSocketFactory( 600): Using factory
org.apache.harmony.xnet.provider.jsse.OpenSSLSocketFactoryImpl@4012dbf8
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 5815 objects / 246504 bytes in 134ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 644 objects / 35072 bytes in 70ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 587 objects / 30480 bytes in 80ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 369 objects / 26272 bytes in 104ms
I/Zygote ( 600): ...preloaded 842 classes in 19342ms.
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 43 objects / 2440 bytes in 85ms
I/Zygote ( 600): Preloading resources...
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 6 objects / 8928 bytes in 85ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 198 objects / 10144 bytes in 81ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 171 objects / 7272 bytes in 77ms
I/Zygote ( 600): ...preloaded 42 resources in 2770ms.
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 97 objects / 4672 bytes in 78ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 127 objects / 4992 bytes in 77ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 2 objects / 48 bytes in 76ms
I/dalvikvm( 600): Splitting out new zygote heap
I/dalvikvm( 600): System server process 615 has been created
I/Zygote ( 600): Accepting command socket connections
D/dalvikvm( 615): Trying to load lib /system/lib/
libandroid_servers.so 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 615): Added shared lib /system/lib/libandroid_servers.so
0x0
I/sysproc ( 615): Entered system_init()
I/sysproc ( 615): ServiceManager: 0xc4ac0
I/SurfaceFlinger( 615): SurfaceFlinger is starting
I/SurfaceFlinger( 615): SurfaceFlinger's main thread ready to run.
Initializing graphics H/W...
E/MemoryHeapBase( 615): error opening /dev/pmem: No such file or
directory
E/SurfaceFlinger( 615): Couldn't open /sys/power/wait_for_fb_sleep
or /sys/power/wait_for_fb_wake
E/GLLogger( 615): couldn't load <libhgl.so> library (Cannot find
library)
I/SurfaceFlinger( 615): EGL informations:
I/SurfaceFlinger( 615): # of configs : 6
I/SurfaceFlinger( 615): vendor : Android
I/SurfaceFlinger( 615): version : 1.3 Android META-EGL
I/SurfaceFlinger( 615): extensions: EGL_ANDROID_query_string_config
EGL_ANDROID_swap_rectangle
I/SurfaceFlinger( 615): ext/config: EGL_ANDROID_swap_rectangle
I/SurfaceFlinger( 615): Client API: OpenGL ES
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 615): using (fd=21)
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 615): id = PXA
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 615): xres = 320 px
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 615): yres = 320 px
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 615): xres_virtual = 320 px
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 615): yres_virtual = 640 px
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 615): bpp = 16
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 615): r = 11:5
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 615): g = 5:6
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 615): b = 0:5
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 615): width = 51 mm (159.372543 dpi)
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 615): height = 51 mm (159.372543 dpi)
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 615): refresh rate = 57.78 Hz
E/HAL ( 615): load: module=/system/lib/hw/copybit.default.so
error=Cannot find library
I/SurfaceFlinger( 615): density = 1.000000
I/SurfaceFlinger( 615): OpenGL informations:
I/SurfaceFlinger( 615): vendor : Android
I/SurfaceFlinger( 615): renderer : Android PixelFlinger 1.0
I/SurfaceFlinger( 615): version : OpenGL ES-CM 1.0
I/SurfaceFlinger( 615): extensions: GL_OES_byte_coordinates
GL_OES_fixed_point GL_OES_single_precision GL_OES_read_format
GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture GL_OES_draw_texture
GL_OES_matrix_get GL_OES_query_matrix GL_ARB_texture_compression
GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ANDROID_direct_texture
GL_ANDROID_user_clip_plane GL_ANDROID_vertex_buffer_object
GL_ANDROID_generate_mipmap
E/HAL ( 615): load: module=/system/lib/hw/copybit.default.so
error=Cannot find library
E/HAL ( 615): load: module=/system/lib/hw/overlay.default.so
error=Cannot find library
I/sysproc ( 615): System server: starting Android runtime.
I/sysproc ( 615): System server: starting Android services.
E/GLLogger( 615): couldn't load <libhgl.so> library (Cannot find
library)
I/SystemServer( 615): Entered the Android system server!
I/sysproc ( 615): System server: entering thread pool.
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Power Manager.
I/ARMAssembler( 615): generated
scanline__00000177:03545404_00001A04_00000000 [ 61 ipp] (86 ins) at
[0x1b1950:0x1b1aa8] in 653537 ns
I/ARMAssembler( 615): generated
scanline__00000177:03010104_00001A01_00000000 [ 40 ipp] (65 ins) at
[0x1b1ab0:0x1b1bb4] in 531384 ns
I/ARMAssembler( 615): generated
scanline__00000177:03545404_00000A01_00000000 [ 48 ipp] (72 ins) at
[0x1b1be0:0x1b1d00] in 448614 ns
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Activity Manager.
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting telephony registry
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Package Manager.
I/Installer( 615): connecting...
I/installd( 603): new connection
W/PackageManager( 615): Library not found: /system/framework/
com.google.android.gtalkservice.jar
W/PackageManager( 615): Library not found: /system/framework/
com.google.android.maps.jar
D/PackageManager( 615): Scanning app dir /system/framework
D/dalvikvm( 615): GC freed 6484 objects / 255064 bytes in 854ms
D/PackageManager( 615): Scanning app dir /system/app
D/dalvikvm( 615): GC freed 3953 objects / 229960 bytes in 399ms
D/PackageManager( 615): Scanning app dir /data/app
W/PackageParser( 615): Intent filter for activity ActivityIntentInfo
{434ea720 com.example.android.apis.media.MediaPlayerDemo_Audio}
defines no actions
W/PackageParser( 615): Intent filter for activity ActivityIntentInfo
{434eb278 com.example.android.apis.media.MediaPlayerDemo_Video}
defines no actions
D/PackageManager( 615): Scanning app dir /data/app-private
I/PackageManager( 615): Time to scan packages: 19.659 seconds
W/PackageManager( 615): Unknown permission
com.google.android.googleapps.permission.GOOGLE_AUTH in package
com.android.providers.contacts
W/PackageManager( 615): Unknown permission
com.google.android.googleapps.permission.GOOGLE_AUTH.cp in package
com.android.providers.contacts
W/PackageManager( 615): Unknown permission
com.google.android.providers.gmail.permission.WRITE_GMAIL in package
com.android.settings
W/PackageManager( 615): Unknown permission
com.google.android.providers.gmail.permission.READ_GMAIL in package
com.android.settings
W/PackageManager( 615): Unknown permission
com.google.android.googleapps.permission.GOOGLE_AUTH in package
com.android.settings
W/PackageManager( 615): Unknown permission
com.google.android.googleapps.permission.GOOGLE_AUTH in package
com.android.development
W/PackageManager( 615): Unknown permission
com.google.android.googleapps.permission.GOOGLE_AUTH.ALL_SERVICES in
package com.android.development
W/PackageManager( 615): Unknown permission
com.google.android.googleapps.permission.GOOGLE_AUTH.YouTubeUser in
package com.android.development
W/PackageManager( 615): Unknown permission
com.google.android.googleapps.permission.ACCESS_GOOGLE_PASSWORD in
package com.android.development
W/PackageManager( 615): Unknown permission
com.google.android.googleapps.permission.GOOGLE_AUTH in package
com.android.unit_tests
W/PackageManager( 615): Unknown permission
com.google.android.googleapps.permission.GOOGLE_AUTH.ALL_SERVICES in
package com.android.unit_tests
W/PackageManager( 615): Unknown permission
com.google.android.googleapps.permission.ACCESS_GOOGLE_PASSWORD in
package com.android.unit_tests
W/PackageManager( 615): Unknown permission
com.google.android.googleapps.permission.GOOGLE_AUTH.mail in package
com.android.calendar
W/PackageManager( 615): Unknown permission
android.permission.ACCESS_DOWNLOAD_DATA in package
com.android.providers.downloads
W/PackageManager( 615): Unknown permission
com.google.android.googleapps.permission.GOOGLE_AUTH in package
com.android.providers.calendar
W/PackageManager( 615): Unknown permission
com.google.android.googleapps.permission.GOOGLE_AUTH.cl in package
com.android.providers.calendar
W/PackageManager( 615): Unknown permission
com.google.android.googleapps.permission.GOOGLE_AUTH in package
com.android.browser
W/PackageManager( 615): Unknown permission
com.google.android.googleapps.permission.GOOGLE_AUTH.mail in package
com.android.contacts
D/dalvikvm( 615): GC freed 4407 objects / 258208 bytes in 246ms
D/dalvikvm( 615): GC freed 1432 objects / 67912 bytes in 155ms
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Content Manager.
W/ActivityManager( 615): Unable to start service Intent
{ action=android.accounts.IAccountsService comp=
{com.google.android.googleapps/
com.google.android.googleapps.GoogleLoginService} }: not found
W/AccountMonitor( 615): Couldn't connect to Intent
{ action=android.accounts.IAccountsService comp=
{com.google.android.googleapps/
com.google.android.googleapps.GoogleLoginService} } (Missing service?)
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting System Content Providers.
I/ActivityThread( 615): Publishing provider settings:
com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider
I/ActivityThread( 615): Publishing provider android.server.checkin:
android.server.checkin.CheckinProvider
I/ActivityThread( 615): Publishing provider subscribedfeeds:
com.android.providers.subscribedfeeds.SubscribedFeedsProvider
W/ActivityManager( 615): Unable to start service Intent
{ action=android.accounts.IAccountsService comp=
{com.google.android.googleapps/
com.google.android.googleapps.GoogleLoginService} }: not found
W/AccountMonitor( 615): Couldn't connect to Intent
{ action=android.accounts.IAccountsService comp=
{com.google.android.googleapps/
com.google.android.googleapps.GoogleLoginService} } (Missing service?)
I/ActivityThread( 615): Publishing provider sync:
android.content.SyncProvider
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Battery Service.
E/BatteryService( 615): Could not open '/sys/class/power_supply/ac/
online'
E/BatteryService( 615): Could not open '/sys/class/power_supply/usb/
online'
E/BatteryService( 615): Could not open '/sys/class/power_supply/
battery/present'
E/BatteryService( 615): Could not open '/sys/class/power_supply/
battery/capacity'
E/BatteryService( 615): Could not open '/sys/class/power_supply/
battery/batt_vol'
E/BatteryService( 615): Could not open '/sys/class/power_supply/
battery/batt_temp'
E/BatteryService( 615): Could not open '/sys/class/power_supply/
battery/status'
E/BatteryService( 615): Could not open '/sys/class/power_supply/
battery/health'
E/BatteryService( 615): Could not open '/sys/class/power_supply/
battery/technology'
E/power ( 615): set_a_light failed to open /sys/class/leds/keyboard-
backlight/brightness
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Alarm Manager.
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Sensor Service.
E/HAL ( 615): load: module=/system/lib/hw/sensors.default.so
error=Cannot find library
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Window Manager.
I/EventHub( 615): New device: path=/dev/input/event1 name=wm97xx
touchscreen id=0x10000 (of 0x1) index=1 fd=41 classes=0x0
I/EventHub( 615): New device: path=/dev/input/event0 name=pxa27x-
keypad id=0x10001 (of 0x2) index=2 fd=42 classes=0x1
I/EventHub( 615): New keyboard: publicID=65537 device->id=65537
devname='pxa27x-keypad' propName='hw.keyboards.65537.devname'
keylayout='/system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl'
E/EventHub( 615): could not get driver version for /dev/input/mice,
Not a typewriter
I/KeyInputQueue( 615): Device added: id=0x0, name=pxa27x-keypad,
classes=1
I/KeyInputQueue( 615): Device added: id=0x10000, name=null, classes=0
E/HAL ( 615): load: module=/system/lib/hw/sensors.default.so
error=Cannot find library
D/SensorManager( 615): found sensor: null, handle=0
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Bluetooth Service.
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Status Bar Service.
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Clipboard Service.
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Input Method Service.
I/InputManagerService( 615): Enabled input methods:
com.example.android.softkeyboard/.SoftKeyboard
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Hardware Service.
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting NetStat Service.
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Connectivity Service.
D/WifiService( 615): WifiService starting up with Wi-Fi disabled
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Notification Manager.
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Mount Service.
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting DeviceStorageMonitor service
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Location Manager.
D/MountListener( 615): handleEvent ums_disconnected
D/LocationManagerService( 615): Constructed LocationManager Service
D/MountListener( 615): handleEvent ums_disabled
I/System.out( 615): #### #### Setting locale to en_US
D/libhardware( 615): no GPS hardware on this device
D/LocationManagerService( 615): Found dir /data/location/gps
D/LocationManagerService( 615): name = gps
D/TrackProvider( 615): Loading properties file /data/location/gps/
properties
D/dalvikvm( 615): GC freed 4710 objects / 290792 bytes in 1349ms
D/dalvikvm( 615): GC freed 11686 objects / 517808 bytes in 314ms
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Search Service.
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Checkin Service
W/SystemServer( 615): Could not find
com.google.android.server.checkin.CheckinService, trying fallback
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Wallpaper Service
D/WallpaperService( 615): WallpaperService startup
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Audio Service
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting HeadsetObserver
W/HeadsetObserver( 615): This kernel does not have wired headset
support
I/WindowManager( 615): Input configuration changed: { scale=1.0
imsi=0/0 locale=en_US touch=3 key=2/1/2 nav=3 orien=3 }
I/WindowManager( 615): Menu key state: 0
D/PowerManagerService( 615): system ready!
D/ActivityManager( 615): Start running!
I/Zygote ( 615): Process: zygote socket opened

On Dec 31, 2:21 pm, Lo Yuk Fai <loyuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> One more thing, I also applied the double buffer patch fromhttp://androidzaurus.seesaa.net/article/105551643.html

Lo Yuk Fai

Dec 31, 2008, 2:30:36 AM12/31/08
to android-porting
Further...

[...]
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 761 objects / 42008 bytes in 29ms
[...]
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 761 objects / 42008 bytes in 30ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 284 objects / 17736 bytes in 8ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 302 objects / 18400 bytes in 10ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): Trying to load lib /system/lib/libmedia_jni.so 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 600): Added shared lib /system/lib/libmedia_jni.so 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 600): Trying to load lib /system/lib/libmedia_jni.so 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 600): Shared lib '/system/lib/libmedia_jni.so' already
loaded in same CL 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 600): Trying to load lib /system/lib/libmedia_jni.so 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 600): Shared lib '/system/lib/libmedia_jni.so' already
loaded in same CL 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 600): Trying to load lib /system/lib/libmedia_jni.so 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 600): Shared lib '/system/lib/libmedia_jni.so' already
loaded in same CL 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 3738 objects / 182104 bytes in 29ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 267 objects / 18976 bytes in 25ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 384 objects / 23000 bytes in 27ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 118 objects / 25240 bytes in 28ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 766 objects / 47488 bytes in 142ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 380 objects / 23584 bytes in 48ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): Trying to load lib /system/lib/libwebcore.so 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 600): Added shared lib /system/lib/libwebcore.so 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 488 objects / 28200 bytes in 48ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 288 objects / 20104 bytes in 53ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 391 objects / 21128 bytes in 53ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 1806 objects / 94360 bytes in 55ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 554 objects / 42920 bytes in 72ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 14400 objects / 504752 bytes in 84ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 11173 objects / 471104 bytes in 85ms
D/SSLSocketFactory( 600): Using factory
org.apache.harmony.xnet.provider.jsse.OpenSSLSocketFactoryImpl@4012dbf8
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 5815 objects / 246504 bytes in 134ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 644 objects / 35072 bytes in 69ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 587 objects / 30480 bytes in 70ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 369 objects / 26272 bytes in 97ms
I/Zygote ( 600): ...preloaded 842 classes in 19568ms.
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 43 objects / 2440 bytes in 92ms
I/Zygote ( 600): Preloading resources...
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 6 objects / 8928 bytes in 84ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 198 objects / 10144 bytes in 80ms
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 171 objects / 7272 bytes in 77ms
I/Zygote ( 600): ...preloaded 42 resources in 3507ms.
D/dalvikvm( 600): GC freed 97 objects / 4672 bytes in 77ms
I/ARMAssembler( 615): generated
scanline__00000177:03545404_00001A04_00000000 [ 61 ipp] (86 ins) at
[0x1b4f08:0x1b5060] in 610767 ns
I/ARMAssembler( 615): generated
scanline__00000177:03010104_00001A01_00000000 [ 40 ipp] (65 ins) at
[0x1b5068:0x1b516c] in 442460 ns
I/ARMAssembler( 615): generated
scanline__00000177:03545404_00000A01_00000000 [ 48 ipp] (72 ins) at
[0x1b5170:0x1b5290] in 479075 ns
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Power Manager.
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Activity Manager.
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting telephony registry
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Package Manager.
I/Installer( 615): connecting...
I/installd( 603): new connection
W/PackageManager( 615): Library not found: /system/framework/
com.google.android.gtalkservice.jar
W/PackageManager( 615): Library not found: /system/framework/
com.google.android.maps.jar
D/PackageManager( 615): Scanning app dir /system/framework
D/dalvikvm( 615): GC freed 6487 objects / 255192 bytes in 1155ms
D/PackageManager( 615): Scanning app dir /system/app
D/dalvikvm( 615): GC freed 3952 objects / 229904 bytes in 211ms
D/PackageManager( 615): Scanning app dir /data/app
W/PackageParser( 615): Intent filter for activity ActivityIntentInfo
{434ea3d8 com.example.android.apis.media.MediaPlayerDemo_Audio}
defines no actions
W/PackageParser( 615): Intent filter for activity ActivityIntentInfo
{434eaf30 com.example.android.apis.media.MediaPlayerDemo_Video}
defines no actions
D/PackageManager( 615): Scanning app dir /data/app-private
I/PackageManager( 615): Time to scan packages: 25.199 seconds
D/dalvikvm( 615): GC freed 4435 objects / 259032 bytes in 203ms
D/dalvikvm( 615): GC freed 1401 objects / 67104 bytes in 170ms
D/dalvikvm( 615): GC freed 4724 objects / 291560 bytes in 1406ms
D/dalvikvm( 615): GC freed 11710 objects / 518792 bytes in 1020ms
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Search Service.
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Checkin Service
W/SystemServer( 615): Could not find
com.google.android.server.checkin.CheckinService, trying fallback
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Wallpaper Service
D/WallpaperService( 615): WallpaperService startup
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting Audio Service
I/SystemServer( 615): Starting HeadsetObserver
W/HeadsetObserver( 615): This kernel does not have wired headset
support
I/WindowManager( 615): Input configuration changed: { scale=1.0
imsi=0/0 locale=en_US touch=3 key=2/1/2 nav=3 orien=3 }
I/WindowManager( 615): Menu key state: 0
D/PowerManagerService( 615): system ready!
D/ActivityManager( 615): Start running!
I/Zygote ( 615): Process: zygote socket opened
I/ActivityManager( 615): Start proc com.android.phone for added
application com.android.phone: pid=650 uid=1001 gids={3002, 3001,
3003}
I/ActivityManager( 615): Starting activity: Intent
{ action=android.intent.action.MAIN categories=
{android.intent.category.HOME} flags=0x10000000 comp=
{com.android.launcher/com.android.launcher.Launcher} }
I/ActivityManager( 615): Start proc android.process.acore for
activity com.android.launcher/.Launcher: pid=656 uid=10000 gids={3003}
I/Process ( 615): Sending signal. PID: 615 SIG: 3
I/dalvikvm( 615): threadid=7: reacting to signal 3
W/dalvikvm( 615): threadid=7 (h=1022168): spin on suspend threadid=55
(handle=1861168)
W/dalvikvm( 615): dumping state: process - 615
I/dalvikvm( 615): "Signal Catcher" daemon prio=5 tid=7 RUNNABLE
I/dalvikvm( 615): | group="system" sCount=0 dsCount=0 s=0
obj=0x433eb1e8
I/dalvikvm( 615): | sysTid=617 nice=0 sched=0/0 handle=1022168
I/dalvikvm( 615): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)
I/dalvikvm( 615):
I/dalvikvm( 615): "watchdog" prio=5 tid=55 RUNNABLE
I/dalvikvm( 615): | group="main" sCount=1 dsCount=0 s=0
obj=0x433ef288
I/dalvikvm( 615): | sysTid=660 nice=0 sched=0/0 handle=1861168
I/dalvikvm( 615): at com.android.server.Watchdog.run
(Watchdog.java:~840)
I/dalvikvm( 615):
I/dalvikvm( 615): at java.lang.Thread.sleep(Thread.java:~1248)
I/dalvikvm( 615): at com.android.server.Watchdog.run(Watchdog.java:
840)
I/dalvikvm( 615):
I/dalvikvm( 615): Wrote stack trace to '/data/anr/traces.txt'
I/Process ( 615): Sending signal. PID: 615 SIG: 9
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'activity' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'package' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'meminfo' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'SurfaceFlinger' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'checkin' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'activity.services' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'power' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'batteryinfo' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'telephony.registry' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'activity.senders' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'permission' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'cpuinfo' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'search' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'activity.broadcasts' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'audio' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'battery' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'wallpaper' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'content' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'activity.providers' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'sensor' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'alarm' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'location' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'window' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'bluetooth' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'bluetooth_a2dp' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'clipboard' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'statusbar' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'hardware' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'input_method' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'netstat' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'wifi' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'mount' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'devicestoragemonitor' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'connectivity' died
I/ServiceManager( 595): service 'notification' died
E/installd( 603): eof
E/installd( 603): failed to read size
I/installd( 603): closing connection
I/Zygote ( 600): Exit zygote because system server (615) has
terminated
D/AndroidRuntime( 665):
D/AndroidRuntime( 665): >>>>>>>>>>>>>> AndroidRuntime START
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
D/AndroidRuntime( 665): CheckJNI is ON
D/AndroidRuntime( 665): --- registering native functions ---
I/Zygote ( 665): Preloading classes...
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 761 objects / 42008 bytes in 14ms
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 284 objects / 17736 bytes in 8ms
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 302 objects / 18400 bytes in 10ms
D/dalvikvm( 665): Trying to load lib /system/lib/libmedia_jni.so 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 665): Added shared lib /system/lib/libmedia_jni.so 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 665): Trying to load lib /system/lib/libmedia_jni.so 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 665): Shared lib '/system/lib/libmedia_jni.so' already
loaded in same CL 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 665): Trying to load lib /system/lib/libmedia_jni.so 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 665): Shared lib '/system/lib/libmedia_jni.so' already
loaded in same CL 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 665): Trying to load lib /system/lib/libmedia_jni.so 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 665): Shared lib '/system/lib/libmedia_jni.so' already
loaded in same CL 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 3738 objects / 182104 bytes in 29ms
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 267 objects / 18976 bytes in 24ms
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 384 objects / 23000 bytes in 26ms
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 118 objects / 25240 bytes in 28ms
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 766 objects / 47488 bytes in 45ms
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 380 objects / 23584 bytes in 48ms
D/dalvikvm( 665): Trying to load lib /system/lib/libwebcore.so 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 665): Added shared lib /system/lib/libwebcore.so 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 488 objects / 28200 bytes in 47ms
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 288 objects / 20104 bytes in 51ms
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 391 objects / 21128 bytes in 65ms
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 1806 objects / 94360 bytes in 56ms
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 554 objects / 42920 bytes in 54ms
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 14400 objects / 504752 bytes in 487ms
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 11173 objects / 471104 bytes in 86ms
D/SSLSocketFactory( 665): Using factory
org.apache.harmony.xnet.provider.jsse.OpenSSLSocketFactoryImpl@4012dbf8
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 5815 objects / 246504 bytes in 102ms
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 644 objects / 35072 bytes in 70ms
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 587 objects / 30480 bytes in 72ms
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 369 objects / 26272 bytes in 86ms
I/Zygote ( 665): ...preloaded 842 classes in 19595ms.
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 43 objects / 2440 bytes in 73ms
I/Zygote ( 665): Preloading resources...
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 6 objects / 8928 bytes in 97ms
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 198 objects / 10144 bytes in 77ms
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 171 objects / 7272 bytes in 76ms
I/Zygote ( 665): ...preloaded 42 resources in 2613ms.
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 97 objects / 4672 bytes in 77ms
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 127 objects / 4992 bytes in 76ms
D/dalvikvm( 665): GC freed 2 objects / 48 bytes in 76ms
I/dalvikvm( 665): Splitting out new zygote heap
I/dalvikvm( 665): System server process 666 has been created
I/Zygote ( 665): Accepting command socket connections
D/dalvikvm( 666): Trying to load lib /system/lib/
libandroid_servers.so 0x0
D/dalvikvm( 666): Added shared lib /system/lib/libandroid_servers.so
0x0
I/sysproc ( 666): Entered system_init()
I/sysproc ( 666): ServiceManager: 0xc9e90
I/SurfaceFlinger( 666): SurfaceFlinger is starting
I/SurfaceFlinger( 666): SurfaceFlinger's main thread ready to run.
Initializing graphics H/W...
E/MemoryHeapBase( 666): error opening /dev/pmem: No such file or
directory
E/SurfaceFlinger( 666): Couldn't open /sys/power/wait_for_fb_sleep
or /sys/power/wait_for_fb_wake
E/GLLogger( 666): couldn't load <libhgl.so> library (Cannot find
library)
I/SurfaceFlinger( 666): EGL informations:
I/SurfaceFlinger( 666): # of configs : 6
I/SurfaceFlinger( 666): vendor : Android
I/SurfaceFlinger( 666): version : 1.3 Android META-EGL
I/SurfaceFlinger( 666): extensions: EGL_ANDROID_query_string_config
EGL_ANDROID_swap_rectangle
I/SurfaceFlinger( 666): ext/config: EGL_ANDROID_swap_rectangle
I/SurfaceFlinger( 666): Client API: OpenGL ES
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 666): using (fd=21)
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 666): id = PXA
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 666): xres = 320 px
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 666): yres = 320 px
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 666): xres_virtual = 320 px
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 666): yres_virtual = 640 px
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 666): bpp = 16
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 666): r = 11:5
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 666): g = 5:6
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 666): b = 0:5
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 666): width = 51 mm (159.372543 dpi)
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 666): height = 51 mm (159.372543 dpi)
I/EGLDisplaySurface( 666): refresh rate = 57.78 Hz
E/HAL ( 666): load: module=/system/lib/hw/copybit.default.so
error=Cannot find library
I/SurfaceFlinger( 666): density = 1.000000
I/SurfaceFlinger( 666): OpenGL informations:
I/SurfaceFlinger( 666): vendor : Android
I/SurfaceFlinger( 666): renderer : Android PixelFlinger 1.0
I/SurfaceFlinger( 666): version : OpenGL ES-CM 1.0
I/SurfaceFlinger( 666): extensions: GL_OES_byte_coordinates
GL_OES_fixed_point GL_OES_single_precision GL_OES_read_format
GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture GL_OES_draw_texture
GL_OES_matrix_get GL_OES_query_matrix GL_ARB_texture_compression
GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ANDROID_direct_texture
GL_ANDROID_user_clip_plane GL_ANDROID_vertex_buffer_object
GL_ANDROID_generate_mipmap
E/HAL ( 666): load: module=/system/lib/hw/copybit.default.so
error=Cannot find library
E/HAL ( 666): load: module=/system/lib/hw/overlay.default.so
error=Cannot find library
I/sysproc ( 666): System server: starting Android runtime.
I/sysproc ( 666): System server: starting Android services.
I/SystemServer( 666): Entered the Android system server!
E/GLLogger( 666): couldn't load <libhgl.so> library (Cannot find
library)
I/sysproc ( 666): System server: entering thread pool.
I/SystemServer( 666): Starting Power Manager.
I/ARMAssembler( 666): generated
scanline__00000177:03545404_00001A04_00000000 [ 61 ipp] (86 ins) at
[0x1af938:0x1afa90] in 618767 ns
I/ARMAssembler( 666): generated
scanline__00000177:03010104_00001A01_00000000 [ 40 ipp] (65 ins) at
[0x1afad8:0x1afbdc] in 434153 ns
I/ARMAssembler( 666): generated
scanline__00000177:03545404_00000A01_00000000 [ 48 ipp] (72 ins) at
[0x1afc08:0x1afd28] in 705536 ns

> read more »

FANUM

Jan 4, 2009, 3:55:19 PM1/4/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hello! I am interested in testing this on my Palm Tungsten T3, but i have a few questions. I am familiar with the hackndev palm linux, and have used it before, but not cocoa boot (was using gurax), and the packages were pre-built. I am guessing i need to build the root fs from git.

Is there a git tree with the changes you have applied already?

How big of an SD card do i need?

Do i build directly on the SD or in the git folder on my computer then copy everything over to the second partition of the SD card?

What are the commands to put into cocoboot to make it boot (on a t3, guessing similar ram to treo)

Thanks in advance