[android-porting] How to replace framework.jar on a motorola milestone 2.1?

omashhour

May 18, 2010, 5:21:06 AM5/18/10
to android-porting
Hi,
I was trying to modify the framework.jar from the android source code
then I recompiled the entire source code.
When I replaced the framework.jar on the motorola milestone it will
not restart.

NB the motorola milestone .dex files are already available.

What am I doing wrong ?
Thanks

Dianne Hackborn

May 18, 2010, 6:46:00 PM5/18/10
to omas...@gmail.com, android-porting
You need to flash the entire device with your own build.  You can't just selectively replace pieces of a user build.

Also the first step for diagnosing the problem would be to look at the log to see what errors are being reported.  (And if you can't figure out what is going on from that, you need to give this kind of information to people if they are going to be able to help you.)
--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support, and so won't reply to such e-mails.  All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

raj.10788

May 26, 2010, 9:16:39 AM5/26/10
to android-porting
Hi Dianne,

Can we add our own jar file into android device or can we run our own
jar file (locating inside /data/local/) application from shell?

In my case, I have modified the input app by adding motion support
(Currently motion support not there in 'adb shell input').

Now I want run my input.jar in my nexus one/HTC desire.

Is it possible for me do that?

Thanks
rk