Problem when booting kernel image to s3c6410

huymq85

Mar 27, 2009, 2:16:20 AM3/27/09
to android-porting
hi all,
I have created a kernel image for Samsung s3c6410 using git :

git clone git://www.kandroid.org/samsung-s3c6410-android.1.0

toolchain : http://www.kandroid.org/~open/devtools/kandroid-1.1.2.1-20080530.glibc.tgz

But when booting, i have a problem, this is the captrue:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?8a26c8fe25.jpg

please tell me why? thanks you very much.

carste...@hotmail.de

Mar 27, 2009, 3:31:25 PM3/27/09
to android-porting
Hello,
the sreenshot shows that you boot to address 0xc0000000.
I use a SMDK6410 board booted your kernel to address 0xc0008000, that
boots up to the android init process.

I had a quick lock to the kernel at git://www.kandroid.org/samsung-s3c6410-android.1.0.
It is a 2.24 kernel with the android driver added.

Somewhere I have seen a list of changes needed in the kernel need for
the complete android system.
Does your version contain all of the changes ?

I´m not sure which is the best way run android on the s3c6410.
Should one:
A) Add the android drivers to the 2.24 Samsung kernel ( as in this
source ) ?
B) Add the samsung drivers from the samsung s3c6410 kernel to the
android kernel. Location of some include file are changed and some
function are different ( set_ktype_name .... )
C) Add the samsung drivers from the 2.29 kernel to the android kernel.
D) Add the android drivers to the 2.29 kernel ?

Can anybody tell something about the potential problems with the
different options ?

Best regards
Carsten

On 27 Mrz., 07:16, huymq85 <huym...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all,
> I have created a kernel image for Samsung s3c6410 using git :
>
>      git clone git://www.kandroid.org/samsung-s3c6410-android.1.0
>
>      toolchain :http://www.kandroid.org/~open/devtools/kandroid-1.1.2.1-20080530.glib...

mai huy

Mar 29, 2009, 3:01:49 AM3/29/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
Thanks carsten.bode for your reply

I changed the address, and the booting kernel image is ok:

my command:

tftp c0004000 zImage_ss

nand erase 40000 200000

nand write c0004000 40000 200000

and now I am doing with root file system, I got 4 folter /system, /data, /etc, /sbin and init from emulator using busbox and created

some empty folder: cache,d,dev,proc, root,sdcard,sys,tmp,var. Then I make a cramfs file from them. but It can not init.

VFS: Mounted root (cramfs filesystem) readonly.

Freeing init memory: 508K

Warning: unable to open an initial console.

Failed to execute /init.  Attempting defaults...

Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel.

Can you tell me which folder can I get from emulator to make root file system (cramfs file).

Thanks you very much.

cxh

Apr 2, 2009, 3:21:38 AM4/2/09
to android-porting

On 3月29日, 下午3时01分, mai huy <huym...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks carsten.bode for your reply,
> I changed the address, and the booting kernel image is ok:
>
> my command:
>
> tftp c0004000 zImage_ss
>
> nand erase 40000 200000
>
> nand write c0004000 40000 200000
>
> and now I am doing with root file system, I got 4 folter /system, /data,
> /etc, /sbin and init from emulator using busbox and created
>
> some empty folder: cache,d,dev,proc, root,sdcard,sys,tmp,var. Then I make a
> cramfs file from them. but It can not init.
>
> VFS: Mounted root (cramfs filesystem) readonly.
>
> Freeing init memory: 508K
>
> Warning: unable to open an initial console.
>
> Failed to execute /init.  Attempting defaults...
>
> Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found.  Try passing init= option to
> kernel.

check there has /init file on your file system

> Can you tell me which folder can I get from emulator to make root file
> system (cramfs file).
>
> Thanks you very much.
>
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 11:31 AM, carsten.b...@hotmail.de <
> > > please tell me why? thanks you very much.- 隐藏被引用文字 -
>
> - 显示引用的文字 -

Lim,GeunSik

May 8, 2009, 8:17:32 AM5/8/09
to android-porting
Dear S3C6410 Users

I moved my repository for android platform on s3c6410
because most developers want to download in english from all over the
world.

before) git clone git://www.kandroid.org/samsung-s3c6410-android.1.0

after ) http://code.google.com/p/android-group-korea/

Thanks,