touchscreen: getPressure and getSize should change as finger drags, yes?

davemac

Nov 24, 2009, 9:58:17 PM11/24/09
to android-porting
I'm not sure where else to ask this question as I've had no responses
so far in android-developers, and android-platform rejected it.

When I access the values from getPressure and getSize from the
MotionEvent objects while dragging my finger around the touchscreen, I
also get the same values as the original values in the ACTION_DOWN
MotionEvent object. That is, it's as if my finger is pressing exactly
the same throughout a finger drag, even though I'm trying to adjust
the pressure and size to see a difference. The values change from
finger press to finger press as long as I lift off then touch down
again. I'm thinking this is a bug but can't get an confirmation. My
device is a Motorola Droid. No answers from the Motorola developer's
forum either. Can anyone here help please?

- dave

Dianne Hackborn

Dec 3, 2009, 1:11:11 AM12/3/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
This is a bug on the Droid software, that will be fixed in the future.  (Actually it's my fault in some special touch filtering code that was put into the framework for Droid. :p)

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support, and so won't reply to such e-mails.  All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

Huawei Tu

Jan 11, 2010, 3:53:21 AM1/11/10
to android-porting
hi, I am a college student and I am doing my study about android.
I am also interested in your question about the function of
getPressure and getSize.
And did you get the answer now?

Best wishes.