Debug Message while Boot Up

Stefan

Feb 3, 2011, 5:18:17 AM2/3/11
to android-porting
Hi all,

I want to know if there is the possibility to
show me some debug messages while I'm
trying to boot android.

I've added

"service logcat /system/bin/logcat -f /dev/kmsg
oneshot"

in the init.rc and the system displays some information,
but is it possible to show me more details?

Warm regards

arun joseph

Feb 4, 2011, 1:12:11 PM2/4/11
to sgo...@dh-electronics.de, android-porting
Try increasing loglevel in init.rc

Regards,
Arun

Stefan

Feb 7, 2011, 2:49:58 AM2/7/11
to android-porting
Thanks for your reply.

I've increased the loglevel but is there any chance
to get more log messages while Android starts it's own services?

The problem with my system is that the Boot up procedure stopps
at the line
"I/Zygote ( 540): Accepting command socket connections"
and shows no error message. Because of this I want to print more
logmessages to find out what the problem at the Start Up is.

Is there any chance to do this?

Regards,
Stefan