Android on STB?

瀏覽次數:58 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Adam Jiang

未讀,
2009年11月24日 晚上11:20:062009/11/24
收件者:android...@googlegroups.com
Hello, List.

I'm interesting if there are some guys working on porting android to SetTopBox?
Do you know some thing/projects related to this topic?

Dr. Google told me there have been some companies had this done, such as
Sigma Design
KDDI in Japan
etc.
Are there more IC guys did this?

Best regards,
--
Adam Jiang
e-mail:jiang...@gmail.com

Navaneeth Sen B.

未讀,
2010年1月8日 下午1:27:412010/1/8
收件者:android...@googlegroups.com
hi,
i am also interested to know more about this topic.
Some of my friends have told me that Sigma designs have already released some android kernel.

i want to know about how to bring android to our television.

With regards,
Sen

hedwin

未讀,
2010年1月8日 下午2:30:152010/1/8
收件者:android...@googlegroups.com
As far as I know sigma is mips based, right?.
Check www.mipsandroid.com. Used this to run it on an LCD TV system that uses pnx8xxx SoC's which has a mips4k inside.
Initial port of the kernel is not a big thing to do but using OpenCore might need more work.

Hedwin

Navaneeth Sen B.

未讀,
2010年1月11日 下午1:00:332010/1/11
收件者:android...@googlegroups.com
Hi hedwin,
Yes you are right.. Sigma designs is MIPS based board.
Do you have any idea on how to port android to sigmadesigns platform??

Regards,
Sen

Adam Jiang

未讀,
2010年1月12日 凌晨12:37:242010/1/12
收件者:android...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Sen.

It seems that Sigma Design has done this for their turnkey business. But, I am afraid it may not be very stable because few of STB vendor are using it. You can find more details on their homepage.

Best regards,
Adam
Adam Jiang
-☆-★-☆-★-☆-★-☆-★-☆-★-☆-★-☆-★-
e-mail:jiang...@gmail.com
http://www.adamjiang.com
-☆-★-☆-★-☆-★-☆-★-☆-★-☆-★-☆-★-

tommy tommy

未讀,
2010年1月12日 凌晨12:40:032010/1/12
收件者:android...@googlegroups.com
mips android ?

2010/1/12 Adam Jiang <jiang...@gmail.com>:

--
Achievement provides the only real pleasure in life!

hedwin

未讀,
2010年1月12日 清晨5:01:052010/1/12
收件者:android...@googlegroups.com
tommy; yes, android ported to mips based systems. Current release is donut and it has a mips "optimized" dalvik vm.
I run it on a mips4kec with 128MB ddr using a 1366x768 lcd panel.

if you have a kernel running on the sigma based system it is not that difficult to get the basic stuff running. but it will
take more time (depends on the system design ) to audio and video running.

2010/1/12 tommy tommy <hongj...@gmail.com>

Navaneeth Sen B.

未讀,
2010年1月12日 中午12:52:032010/1/12
收件者:android...@googlegroups.com
Hi hedwin,
can you provide me with some more details on Sigma designs Android porting.
how to get the kernel running and the further steps.
How to get more info on the topic.

Good Luck,
Sen

2010/1/12 hedwin <hedwin...@gmail.com>

hedwin

未讀,
2010年1月18日 下午5:33:122010/1/18
收件者:android...@googlegroups.com
I don't have anything specifics on sigma designs android but I have android running on a MIPS based lcd tv (PNX8543 SoC).

I replied on the "[android-porting] Android port to MIPS arch" mail thread, also added a patch file containing the android specifics
I used on a MIPS4Kec.

Hope it provides and intial step. Give it a try, let me know what happend.

Hedwin.

2010/1/12 Navaneeth Sen B. <sen4...@gmail.com>
回覆所有人
回覆作者