Home button

Maxime Petazzoni

Nov 14, 2008, 1:13:06 PM11/14/08
to android-porting
Hi,

This may appear as a very dumb question, but does the Home button
works on your Android builds? In the packaged SDK, it has the expected
behavior (return to the Home screen), but in the open source build, it
does nothing -- and the keycode is correct and mapped to HOME is the
layouts.

Any ideas?
- Maxime

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Nov 14, 2008, 1:22:16 PM11/14/08
to android...@googlegroups.com
The open-source build currently lacks the code that enables it (on the
G1, it's disabled until the device has run through the setup wizard,
and the SDK has some replacement code that notifies the system that
setup has completed, but the open-source build doesn't have either of
those).

JBQ

Maxime Petazzoni

Nov 14, 2008, 1:32:32 PM11/14/08
to android-porting
Is there a way to re-enable it by hand? Is it driven by a system
property or does it require additional code? If so, is there any plans
for this piece of code to be released as well?

Thanks,
- Maxime

On Nov 14, 10:22 am, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@google.com> wrote:
> The open-source build currently lacks the code that enables it (on the
> G1, it's disabled until the device has run through the setup wizard,
> and the SDK has some replacement code that notifies the system that
> setup has completed, but the open-source build doesn't have either of
> those).
>
> JBQ
>
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Maxime Petazzoni

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Nov 14, 2008, 2:53:26 PM11/14/08
to android...@googlegroups.com
I think that it's driven by one or more system properties. I don't
know the details at all (I don't even know where to look in the source
tree), so I hope that someone who knows this area better can chime in.

JBQ

Jeff Hamilton

Nov 14, 2008, 4:16:52 PM11/14/08
to android...@googlegroups.com
Try this:

adb shell sqlite3
/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db
"INSERT INTO system (name,value) VALUES ('device_provisioned','1');"

I'm pretty sure that will do the trick, but I'm not 100% certain.

-Jeff

Maxime Petazzoni

Nov 14, 2008, 5:23:57 PM11/14/08
to android-porting
Thanks! It worked, and also activated the screen lock (with the visual
pattern mechanism).