Not able to enter full phone functionality when no SIM - why?

Mikkel Christensen

Nov 18, 2008, 1:43:35 PM11/18/08
to android-porting
Hi all,

I am porting Android to OMAP Zoom board (omapzoom.org) and working on
the RIL. I found that if a SIM is not inserted there will only be an
emergency call dialog and it is not possible to get pass this to use
other phone functionality like Music/Video player etc.

In RIL, GET_SIM_STATUS returns SIM_ABSENT and the GsmSimCard.java
broadcast an intent that SIM is absent. This triggers the emergency
call dialog to display.

Is this really a desired behavior for a smart phone?
Is there a property that can disable that?

Best regards,
Mikkel Christensen

dimi...@android.com

Nov 18, 2008, 1:56:36 PM11/18/08
to android-porting
Hi,
You may want to try from shell prompt:
echo keyguard.no_require_sim=1 >> /data/local.prop"
setprop keyguard.no_require_sim 1

Thans,
Dmitry

Mikkel Christensen