livedroid: yet another Android LiveCD

kinneko

Jul 1, 2009, 11:55:02 PM7/1/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I made yet another Android LiveCD.
http://livedroid.sourceforge.jp/

- based on debian
- automatic hardware recognition (network also ok)
- 640x480
- /data on ramdisk (if you power off, it delete.)
- self rebuild (install HDD and make iso) -- but does not tested yet !

Please test it and send me some advices.

kinneko

Jul 7, 2009, 5:44:46 AM7/7/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all

many people downloaded livedroid alpha iso file.
I am afraid that I may have given all of you disappointment.
I prepared a slightly better thing hastily.

livedroid update alpha2.

* CD remaster ready
* add mouse patch
* add 32bit color patch
* fixed GRUB menu title
* fixed ISO label name
* cupcake based, kernel 2.6.25

Please test it and send me some advices.

http://groups.google.co.jp/group/livedroid

Project: http://code.google.com/p/livedroid/
Download: http://en.sourceforge.jp/projects/livedroid/
How to: http://code.google.com/p/livedroid/wiki/howtouse_alpha2

zhtlancer

Jul 7, 2009, 6:38:21 AM7/7/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm interested in your livedroid project, but I cannot very understand your introductions.
What do you mean by saying "based on Debian lenny"? Have you port the android base system to the kernel based on Debian?

At last, thanks for your great job!
Have a great day!

kinneko

Jul 7, 2009, 9:02:02 PM7/7/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for your interest in my project !

After starting as a minimal Debian system,
livedroid execute chroot to the environment of Android.
I merged the configuration of Android to kernel configuration of Debian.

If you intercept boot process of livedroid, you can use debian system.
Of course, you use the command of bootcd2disk,
livedroid can be installed on the hard drive.
That is pure debian system.
You can use apt-get and more.
If you want to make CD image form your customized hard drive,
you can do makeiso.sh command.

kinneko

Jul 14, 2009, 12:21:34 PM7/14/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all

Over 5000 people downloaded alpha2 iso file.
I was surprised at the size of the reaction very much.

livedroid update alpha3.

* shrink image size
* add isolinux menu
* add ASE (but no language files, English mode only)
* add Japanese boot mode (but not include IME)
* add /sdcard support (tmpfs)

Mail: http://groups.google.co.jp/group/livedroid
twitter: add message #livedroid (@livedroid is not me.)
How to: http://code.google.com/p/livedroid/wiki/howtouse_alpha3