About the HOME key in the latest android source code

max

Feb 20, 2009, 9:47:44 AM2/20/09
to android-porting
Hi All,

I check out the latest source code from GIT, and run emulator on my
PC, but I found a big problem that the HOME key is not working. In
the previous version, m3 , m5 , no matter where is screen is, after
press HOME key , the screen will go the main screen.

Is there anyone know the reason?

Max

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Feb 20, 2009, 10:17:42 AM2/20/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
This is the default behavior of android until it's been "provisioned",
which is designed such that users can be forced to go through a setup
phase before they can fully use the device.

The SDKs are built with a "silent" setup program called SdkSetup which
is not part of the default build.

You can include SdkSetup in your builds by modifying
development/apps/SdkSetup/Android.mk to use LOCAL_MODULE_TAGS := eng
development

JBQ
--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Android Engineer, Google.

twebb

Feb 20, 2009, 11:51:15 AM2/20/09
to android-porting

On Feb 20, 10:17 am, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> This is the default behavior of android until it's been "provisioned",
> which is designed such that users can be forced to go through a setup
> phase before they can fully use the device.
>
> The SDKs are built with a "silent" setup program called SdkSetup which
> is not part of the default build.
>
> You can include SdkSetup in your builds by modifying
> development/apps/SdkSetup/Android.mk to use LOCAL_MODULE_TAGS := eng
> development
>
> JBQ

Would this modification be in addition to, or instead of, the
existing...
LOCAL_MODULE_TAGS := samples

twebb

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Feb 20, 2009, 12:13:26 PM2/20/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
I only see LOCAL_MODULE_TAGS := foo in
http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/development.git;a=blob;f=apps/SdkSetup/Android.mk;h=b89baaf8f5838fe4bf90b15ec22e654f395198ac;hb=master
and my suggestion is to replace that line with the one I mentioned.

JBQ