how to port android into arduino

diegonimus

Feb 14, 2011, 7:54:19 PM2/14/11
to android-porting
Hello:

I wonder if it is possible to port android to arduino board, and if it
is posible if you can help me to do it

like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yasu357t6kE

thank you

john halewood

Feb 14, 2011, 9:14:04 PM2/14/11
to dieg...@gmail.com, android-porting
On 15 February 2011 00:54, diegonimus <dieg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I wonder if it is possible to port android to arduino board, and if it
> is posible if you can help me to do it

ermm....no is the simple answer. Look at the specifications of the
arduino board and you'll see that there's only a microcontroller
there, not a microprocessor (bit of a difference). However, you can
use Android to control and arduino board and generate I/O with it. On
it's own, it's about as powerful as the microcontroller that sits in
front of the accelerometer in your average phone...

Regards
John

diegonimus

Feb 15, 2011, 1:25:41 PM2/15/11
to android-porting
Thank you for the answer

Did you mean that android is too heavy for a microcontrller?, can you
explain me why? and what diffrence is between this both two?

Thanks...