Ubuntu 9.10

Ryan

Nov 27, 2009, 12:51:06 AM11/27/09
to android-platform
After much searching for how-tos and emails in all the different
groups, I can't find an explicit how-to for installing JDK 5r22 on a
x86 Ubuntu 9.10 install. I'm at a lost. I know I have the .bin of the
non RPM installed on my system, however I don't know how to setup
paths for java. I know I have the rest of the source installed. I
found this:
http://blog.ocszone.com/mobile-tech/android-mobile-tech/building-installing-configuring-the-android-platform-and-android-sdk-on-ubuntu-9-10-64-bit-x86/
however I wasn't able to follow. any help/insight would be
appreciated.

Fred Grott(Android Expert, http://mobilebytes.wordpress.com)

Nov 27, 2009, 6:54:49 PM11/27/09
to android-platform
set java alternatives to pint to the sun5 java install also in /etc/
profile set JAVA_HOME to the sun5 java location

Fred Grott
Android Developer

On Nov 26, 11:51 pm, Ryan <theden...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After much searching for how-tos and emails in all the different
> groups, I can't find an explicit  how-to for installing JDK 5r22 on a
> x86 Ubuntu 9.10 install. I'm at a lost. I know I have the .bin of the
> non RPM installed on my system, however I don't know how to setup
> paths for java. I know I have the rest of the source installed. I
> found this:http://blog.ocszone.com/mobile-tech/android-mobile-tech/building-inst...

Dave

Nov 29, 2009, 2:42:17 AM11/29/09
to android-platform
Yeah, I just ran into the same issue. I found the easiest thing to do,
since Karmic does not include the Java-5 debs anymore, is to add the
Jaunty repository to Karmic. See: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=8141802&postcount=2.
Once you add the repository run: sudo apt-get update, then: sudo apt-
get install sun-java5-jdk. This should install the Java 5 JDK.
Afterwards, don't forget to run: "update-alternatives --config java"
and select java-1.5.0-sun as the default version. Hope this helps!