[SDK 2.3] Emulator launch failed with error `GLIBC_2.11' not found

Atul Raut

Dec 7, 2010, 4:12:55 AM12/7/10
to android-...@googlegroups.com, Android Developers

I have install Android sdk 2.3 on my linux machine

and tring to launch the emulator with sample code.

Eclipse IDE is throwing below error.

>>>Emulator] /atul-linux/android-sdk-linux_86/tools/emulator: /lib32/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by/atul-linux/android-sdk-linux_86/tools/emulator)

Any pointers with help.

Thanks in Advance.

Atul Raut
Android Telephony Engineer
http://rautatul.weebly.com/
Mobile : 9581819292
atulr...@gmail.com

Atul Raut

Dec 7, 2010, 5:34:15 AM12/7/10
to android-...@googlegroups.com, Android Developers
Ok find out the reason why this happening
Ubunut 9.10 Lucid Lync or later version
needed. On 9.04 or previous version it
wont work.

Thanks,

Atul Raut
Android Telephony Engineer
http://rautatul.weebly.com/
Mobile : 9581819292
atulr...@gmail.com

jtoolsdev

Dec 7, 2010, 5:18:44 PM12/7/10
to android-platform
Yup, I'm seeing this too and running Ubuntu 9.10. It won't even
launch older emulators. This hoses my development for the moment so
needs to be fixed or an answer ASAP (like this afternoon). I even
checked the package manager to see if I could install or update but
nothing showed. BTW, there are also complaints posted on the Ubuntu
forum too.

On Dec 7, 2:34 am, Atul Raut <atul.dr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok find out the reason why this happening
> Ubunut 9.10 Lucid Lync or later version
> needed. On 9.04 or previous version it
> wont work.
>
> Thanks,
> Atul Raut
>  Android Telephony Engineerhttp://rautatul.weebly.com/http://rautatul.wordpress.com/
> Mobile : 9581819292
> atulrau...@gmail.com <hack...@android.com>
>
> <hack...@android.com>
>
> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Atul Raut <atul.dr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  I have install Android sdk 2.3 on my linux machine
>
> > and tring to launch the emulator with sample code.
>
> > Eclipse IDE is throwing below error.

> > /lib32/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required
> > by/atul-linux/android-sdk-linux_86/tools/emulator)
>
> > Any pointers with help.
>
> > Thanks in Advance.
>
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Atul Raut
> >  Android Telephony Engineer
> >http://rautatul.weebly.com/
> >http://rautatul.wordpress.com/
> > Mobile : 9581819292
> > atulrau...@gmail.com <hack...@android.com>
>
> > <hack...@android.com>

jtoolsdev

Dec 7, 2010, 11:05:49 PM12/7/10
to android-platform
They are going to try to issue a fix because the Android QA machines
were upgraded to Lucid and they didn't catch it.

成亮 朱

Dec 11, 2010, 2:48:18 AM12/11/10
to android-platform
fedora 8 have this problem 2
Message has been deleted

Emmanuel

Dec 14, 2010, 5:44:31 AM12/14/10
to android-platform
Hi,

The Android team is going to correct this, see
http://groups.google.com/group/android-ndk/browse_thread/thread/88d52ef3aa674fd5/5e4202e9f6a3b028?#5e4202e9f6a3b028

> Yep, we just noticed that the 2.3 SDK Linux binaries were all generated on
Ubuntu Lucid machines which come with EGLibc 2.11. In other words,
they
can't run on Ubuntu Hardy (which provides 2.7 only).

> We're currently working on regenerating new Linux binaries, but it will
probably take a few days to appear. Until then, try to run on an
Ubuntu
Lucid installation, or try regenerating the binaries from scratch:

omara...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2010, 9:39:33 AM12/15/10
to android-platform

Hi,

It seems it is designed this way. Check the following URL:
http://developer.android.com/sdk/requirements.html
Look for the "Supported Operating Systems", It says: "On Ubuntu Linux,
Lucid Lynx or later release is required."

Thanks,
Omar

David Turner

Dec 15, 2010, 4:26:21 PM12/15/10
to android-...@googlegroups.com
For the record, we are working on an update that would work on Ubuntu 8.04.
(And yes, it's harder than it looks, we can't rely on chroot / VMs on our build servers).
No ETA yet though.