How customize activity rotation animation in 2.1

James Wang

Apr 7, 2010, 7:47:26 AM4/7/10
to android-platform
Hi,
We noticed there was somethin cpp files related to activity rotation
animation in 1.5 and being commented out in 1.6. And all be deleted in
2.1.
Does anyone know how to customize activity rotation animation in 2.1
when orientation being changed.

Best Regards

James

Dianne Hackborn

Apr 7, 2010, 3:56:54 PM4/7/10
to android-...@googlegroups.com
It currently isn't possble with surface flinger sitting on top of open gl.

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer
hac...@android.com

Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support, and so won't reply to such e-mails.  All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

James Wang

Apr 7, 2010, 10:51:33 PM4/7/10
to android-platform
Thanks, Dianne.

James Wang

Apr 9, 2010, 7:32:39 AM4/9/10
to android-platform
Hi, Dianne. Would you let me know why android teams made such
decision?

We are going to plan to take those cpp files back to 2.1 and would you
give us any advices?

Thanks in advanced.

James

James Wang

Apr 12, 2010, 1:00:02 AM4/12/10
to android-platform
Hi, Dianne. Your any words will be appreciated.

James

Dianne Hackborn

Apr 12, 2010, 12:51:17 PM4/12/10
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Because, as I said, it was a result of putting it on top of OpenGL.  This requires completely re-implementing how the animations are done, which there wasn't time for to meet the release schedules.

Please don't try to revert files back to a previous version.  You will end up making a bastardized version of the platform that very likely has problems.

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 10:00 PM, James Wang <jamesw...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Dianne. Your any words will be appreciated.

James

James Wang

Apr 13, 2010, 1:25:34 AM4/13/10
to android-platform