Localization - new locale - HELP

LA

Jul 19, 2010, 3:29:08 PM7/19/10
to android-platform
Hello,

I have the android source 2.01 built in my ubuntu box.

I am trying to add a new locale on top of the existing ones in the
source.

I tried adding a new folder values-xx-xXX under frameworks..../res/
res.

I have tried to update the sdk.mk with the new language.

I have also tried to change a bunch of make files that would point to
PRODUCT_LOCALES.

But i always end up getting the error:

make: *** No rule to make target `frameworks/base/core/res/res/values-
xx-xXX', needed by `out/target/common/obj/APPS/framework-
res_intermediates/src/R.stamp'. Stop.

Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to add a new
locale resource to the source.