Additional languages support

al74

Nov 17, 2008, 9:13:39 PM11/17/08
to android-platform
Is there any way to add additional languages that will be supported by
the G1? I been researching the ability to add support for Hebrew fonts
and understood that several developer were able to add these in the
emulator but had issues actually making it work on the device itself.

mathiastck

Nov 18, 2008, 2:14:50 PM11/18/08
to android-platform
Adding German suppport seems to be the next item on the roadmap:

http://source.android.com/roadmap

al74

Nov 18, 2008, 2:22:10 PM11/18/08
to android-platform
That seems to relate to the actual language of the UI. All I need is
support for Hebrew fonts and right to left so I can read Hebrew. Is
this something that can be added by a third party developer?