pre merge master repo manifest

Rajesh S

Mar 21, 2009, 9:54:19 PM3/21/09
to android-platform
Anybody interested in getting the repository as of 18th March 2009..
that is before JBQ initiated the recent cupcake merge on to master,
might find it here:

http://www.aaraai.com/20090318a_manifest.xml

This single file includes htc_dream gits too. Adding or removing those
should be possible if you have gone through the 'Building for dream'
routine.

This repo builds and runs well enough on ADP1 with the typical Feb'09
cupcake features like soft keyboard etc. But no proprietary apps, bad
home button, ... etc are just as they were with master.
Cheers,
Rajesh.S

ps: This post is a result of
http://groups.google.com/group/android-platform/browse_thread/thread/775582c99fa2980f/e5af48d6e3211101?lnk=gst&q=outstanding+cupcake#e5af48d6e3211101

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Mar 21, 2009, 9:59:23 PM3/21/09
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Superb, thanks a lot.

For people who want to use this:

-do a normal repo init.
-replace .repo.manifest.xml with that file.
-if you're building for the emulator instead of dream, remove the
msm7k and htc projects.
-repo sync, and continue as usual

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Android Engineer, Google.

warning.

Rajesh S

Mar 21, 2009, 10:03:35 PM3/21/09
to android-platform
replace
.repo/manifest.xml with the file in that link

On Mar 22, 1:59 am, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> Superb, thanks a lot.
>
> For people who want to use this:
>
> -do a normal repo init.
> -replace .repo.manifest.xml with that file.
> -if you're building for the emulator instead of dream, remove the
> msm7k and htc projects.
> -repo sync, and continue as usual
>
> JBQ
>

> On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 6:54 PM, Rajesh S <rajeshs...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Anybody interested in getting the repository as of 18th March 2009..
> > that is before JBQ initiated the recent cupcake merge on to master,
> > might find it here:
>
> >http://www.aaraai.com/20090318a_manifest.xml
>
> > This single file includes htc_dream gits too. Adding or removing those
> > should be possible if you have gone through the 'Building for dream'
> > routine.
>
> > This repo builds and runs well enough on ADP1 with the typical Feb'09
> > cupcake features like soft keyboard etc. But no proprietary apps, bad
> > home button, ... etc are just as they were with master.
> > Cheers,
> > Rajesh.S
>
> > ps: This post is a result of
> >http://groups.google.com/group/android-platform/browse_thread/thread/...

Breno

Mar 23, 2009, 9:59:38 AM3/23/09
to android-platform
Hey Rajesh / JBQ

After did this, i did a repo sync, and an error message appear:

error.ManifestParseError: no <manifest> in /home/breno/cupcake/.repo/
manifest.xml

but is there. What i'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Breno

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Mar 23, 2009, 10:17:30 AM3/23/09
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I've been able to reproduce. repo doesn't like the comment at the top
of the manifest. Nuke it and it'll work fine.

JBQ

Rajesh S

Mar 24, 2009, 6:50:21 PM3/24/09
to android-platform
oh yeah sorry.. i added the comment on that file after testing it and
not before.
thought it would help track it in some way. delete it as JBQ
suggested.

Thanks,
Rajesh.S

xuxiake2012

Mar 25, 2009, 12:30:20 AM3/25/09
to android-platform
Hey Rajesh / JBQ

I got the latest source code yesterday,but there are many
exceptions at run time.
I want to get a stable version. So what is the latset stable version
and how to get that?

Thanks

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Mar 25, 2009, 12:46:03 AM3/25/09
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Get cupcake, which is reasonably stable (not release-quality, but
usable). Master is (by definition) not a stable version.

JBQ

xuxiake2012

Mar 25, 2009, 3:35:25 AM3/25/09
to android-platform
Hey JBQ
Is there a stable release recently?
By the way, I use the command "repo sync " to get the source code,
but the source code is not cupcake. how to get cupcake?

Thanks

Anonymous Anonymous

Mar 25, 2009, 3:36:40 AM3/25/09
to android-...@googlegroups.com
repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git -b cupcake

xuxiake2012

Mar 25, 2009, 3:54:45 AM3/25/09
to android-platform
thank you

deg

Mar 25, 2009, 4:23:44 AM3/25/09
to android-platform
Are there any particular instructions for building the cupcake branch
for ADP1? Or is it the same steps as building from the master branch
(http://source.android.com/documentation/building-for-dream, etc.)

David

On Mar 25, 9:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous <firewallbr...@googlemail.com>

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Mar 25, 2009, 9:29:36 AM3/25/09
to android-...@googlegroups.com
At this point the open-source cupcake tree cannot be built for the
ADP1, as it relies on proprietary binaries that aren't publicly
available (and which we believe will not be compatible between 1.1 and
cupcake and therefore can't be extracted from ADP1).

JBQ

Rajesh S

Mar 26, 2009, 11:59:09 AM3/26/09
to android-platform
Deg, that should not stop you.. read another post by JBQ
http://groups.google.com/group/android-platform/msg/5906cc7d25bd829a
Give a try.. many of us have :) It certainly has limitations due to
the causes JBQ pointed out.
And most of it is merged on master now.

Shane Dewing

Mar 26, 2009, 12:09:58 PM3/26/09
to android-platform
how do I get a stable, make-able release source tree for the ADP1? I
am not interested (yet) in any feature set beyond what shipped with
the stock ADP1. I am new to git and Android dev, so please excuse my
ignorance

-SD

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Mar 26, 2009, 12:25:23 PM3/26/09
to android-...@googlegroups.com
RIght now the closest you can get is release-1.0, with the steps that
Rajesh outlined above. Cupcake doesn't build for ADP1 (and it's not a
release yet anyway), and master is very definitely far from being a
release.

JBQ