Starting emulator after build android source code.

Paweł Zaręba

Oct 30, 2011, 5:23:45 AM10/30/11
to android-platform
Hi!

I'm trying to run emulator after build but I have error "no emulator
command found". This is my steps:

-after repo sync I did . build/envsetup.sh,
-then make clean and finally use make command.

After this steps I'm just typing "emulator" like manual said. But I
still getting this error "no emulator command found".I also tried used
"emulator" in /out/host/linux-x86/bin/ but it doesn't help. Can anyone
help me, please?

Srinidhi

Nov 11, 2011, 7:20:19 AM11/11/11
to android-platform
Try using make sdk

Srinidhi

freakingtux

Nov 12, 2011, 2:52:58 AM11/12/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

to get the emulator binary in your path you need to chose what target you are going to run. just sourcing build/envsetup.sh is not enough. you can use the choosecombo program or the "lunch" shell function to do just that. this function also sets the correct path for you.

so for short you are very busy and forgot to make yourself a good lunch again.

Greetings

Bahar Ali

Nov 12, 2011, 5:23:55 AM11/12/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
run this command

./out/host/linux-x86/bin/
emulator

Best Regards
Bahar Ali

Developer
Security Engineering Research Group
Institute of Management Sciences
Phase-VII, Hayatabad, Peshawar

uday kiran jandhyala

Nov 13, 2011, 5:29:47 AM11/13/11
to android-platform
Hi,

try this in a sequence :

$ source build/envsetup.sh
$ setpaths

Now the binary 'emulator' will be recognized in this particular
terminal.
$ emulator

uday kiran