How to add new locale and it's associated font in android source

kariyachan

Jan 14, 2011, 12:05:47 AM1/14/11
to android-platform
Hi all,

I've been trying to add new locale ml_IN(malayalam -India)
and it's font to android source.Some how I added font to android
emulator by replacing DroidSansFallback.ttf with my fonts it worked
for me ,I know that is not the right way, when I added it as
DroidsansMalayalam.ttf to system/fonts it's not working.

So how can I add a new font to android source without replacing
DroidSansFallback.ttf and then compile it.which file/files I need to
edit.
(I just tried it by adding DroidSansMalayalam.ttf \ to
'copy_from' in /frameworks/base/data/fonts/android.mk
and also added element <fallback ttf="DroidSansMalayalam" /> a to /
frameworks/base/data/fonts/fonts.xml still no luck )

In the case of locale I added ml_IN to language_full.mk and
language_small.mk files in /build/target/product and I provided
malayalam language resourced for calculator application. To view
malayalam in list of supported locales in device I added code(ml_IN)
and label(malayalam) of my locale to special_locle_code and special
locale_names elements, which is in package/apps/settings/res/values/
arrays.xml file of Setting application ,

Then I compiled the whole source using make command,then I replaced
the system image of emulator with new image it does not show any
result

Iam noobe to this Somebody please help me

Thanks for your time

Regards,
Kariyachan