What's in android.process.acore?

CXF

Dec 5, 2008, 4:39:12 AM12/5/08
to android-platform
Hi, guys:

While debug with DDMS, I can see the process android.process.acore.
Seems Contacts is in this process.

How could I know what's in this process? How to config to add
something?

Thank you!
--CXF

Romain Guy

Dec 5, 2008, 11:27:17 AM12/5/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This process contains Contacts, Home and a couple of other things
(providers.) You should not really add more stuff in this process :)

--
Romain Guy
www.curious-creature.org

Dianne Hackborn

Dec 5, 2008, 12:38:25 PM12/5/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
You can use "adb shell dumpsys activity" to get an overview of the processes and activities running in them; "adb shell dumpsys activity.services" for the running services and which processes they are running in.  That tells you the dynamic state.  To tell what could potentially run in it, you'll need to look at the manifests of the .apks on the device to find the ones that use a shared uid with the process and specify they will run in that process.

And as Romain says, you really shouldn't be adding things to that process.

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 1:39 AM, CXF <chen...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.