FLAG_RECEIVER_REGISTERED_ONLY

JS

Feb 2, 2009, 4:19:08 AM2/2/09
to android-platform
I was curious about this from reading platform code.
Definition says: "If set, when sending a broadcast only registered
receivers will be called -- no BroadcastReceiver components will be
launched. "

Only registered receivers will be called? Isn't that how it usually
is - that only reg'd receivers get these Intents?

Please elucidate...

Thanks!

Dianne Hackborn

Feb 2, 2009, 4:38:34 AM2/2/09
to android-...@googlegroups.com
It's only given to those who call registerReceiver, and not sent to receivers declared in manifests.
--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

JS

Feb 2, 2009, 5:15:07 AM2/2/09
to android-platform
Thank you Dianne - you're awesome.