NFC in emulator

krishna chaitanya

Jun 8, 2011, 7:11:09 AM6/8/11
to android-platform, sivakum...@gmail.com
Hi All,

I have recently started looking into NFC in android.

Is there any way that we can read a NFC Tag(NFC can actually present
on the Microsdcard which is connected to PC through USB) from android
emulator.

Please comment on this.Any idea is appreciated.

Thanks,
Krishna Chaitanya

David Turner

Jun 8, 2011, 9:27:01 AM6/8/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com, sivakum...@gmail.com
Sorry, but this is not supported for now.

krishna chaitanya

Jun 9, 2011, 2:35:22 AM6/9/11
to android-platform

Hi David,

Actually I was thinking about modifying the shell(adb), usb, nfc lib
to achieve this.

Is it possible by tweaking the above things?

Please share your ideas if you know anything about it.

Thanks & Regards,
Krishna Chaitanya

David Turner

Jun 9, 2011, 4:01:44 AM6/9/11
On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 8:35 AM, krishna chaitanya <krishnacha...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi David,

Actually I was thinking about modifying the shell(adb), usb, nfc lib
to achieve this.

Is it possible by tweaking the above things?

I'm sorry, but at this point I really don't know. We have discussed this we engineers on the team, but never went down to details.

Please share your ideas if you know anything about it.

Thanks & Regards,
Krishna Chaitanya

Nick Pelly

Jun 9, 2011, 1:15:15 PM6/9/11
to android-platform
It is possible with modification. The main one is to modify libnfc-nxp to use a UART transport, then a NXP PN544 attached via serial or serial-over-USB to the host. There are some other small changes needed, I don't have them handy. Hope this helps.

Nick

Krishna Chaitanya

Nemanja Stefanovic

Jul 5, 2011, 8:08:25 PM7/5/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Nick, what is the current transport used? I see a UART and I2C DAL implementation but only in Linux_x86 in the external/libnfc-nxp directory. Are one of these used by the Android OS inside the Nexus S?

Nick Pelly

Jul 12, 2011, 11:58:41 PM7/12/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
On Nexus S it is I2C.