Build Error in Mac OSX

homestah

Dec 20, 2008, 5:07:47 AM12/20/08
to android-platform
I'm building the source code and I am encountering this error. Output
is as follows:

uild/core/product_config.mk:207: WARNING: adding test OTA key
TARGET_PRODUCT=htc_dream
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
TARGET_SIMULATOR=
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_ARCH=arm
HOST_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=darwin
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=
build/core/main.mk:178: implicitly installing apns-conf_sdk.xml
build/core/Makefile:17: warning: overriding commands for target `out/
target/product/dream/system/etc/apns-conf.xml'
build/core/Makefile:17: warning: ignoring old commands for target `out/
target/product/dream/system/etc/apns-conf.xml'
target thumb C++: libaudio <= hardware/msm7k/libaudio/
AudioHardware.cpp
hardware/msm7k/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp: In member function 'virtual
android::AudioStreamOut* android::AudioHardware::openOutputStream(int,
int, uint32_t)':
hardware/msm7k/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:145: error: cannot allocate
an object of abstract type
'android::AudioHardware::AudioStreamOutMSM72xx'
hardware/msm7k/libaudio/AudioHardware.h:144: note: because the
following virtual functions are pure within
'android::AudioHardware::AudioStreamOutMSM72xx':
hardware/libhardware/include/hardware/AudioHardwareInterface.h:70:
note: virtual uint32_t android::AudioStreamOut::latency() const
hardware/msm7k/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp: In member function 'virtual
android::AudioStreamIn* android::AudioHardware::openInputStream(int,
int, uint32_t)':
hardware/msm7k/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:173: error: cannot allocate
an object of abstract type
'android::AudioHardware::AudioStreamInMSM72xx'
hardware/msm7k/libaudio/AudioHardware.h:169: note: because the
following virtual functions are pure within
'android::AudioHardware::AudioStreamInMSM72xx':
hardware/libhardware/include/hardware/AudioHardwareInterface.h:128:
note: virtual android::status_t android::AudioStreamIn::standby()
hardware/msm7k/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp: In member function
'android::status_t android::AudioHardware::doAudioRouteOrMute
(uint32_t)':
hardware/msm7k/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:689: error: 'mMode' was not
declared in this scope
hardware/msm7k/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp: In member function 'virtual
android::status_t android::AudioHardware::doRouting()':
hardware/msm7k/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:704: error: 'mRoutes' was
not declared in this scope
hardware/msm7k/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:704: error: 'mMode' was not
declared in this scope
hardware/msm7k/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:714: error:
'ROUTE_BLUETOOTH' is not a member of 'android::AudioSystem'
hardware/msm7k/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp: In member function
'android::status_t android::AudioHardware::checkMicMute()':
hardware/msm7k/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:746: error: 'mMode' was not
declared in this scope
hardware/msm7k/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp: In function
'android::AudioHardwareInterface* android::createAudioHardware()':
hardware/msm7k/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:1077: error: cannot allocate
an object of abstract type 'android::AudioHardware'
hardware/msm7k/libaudio/AudioHardware.h:96: note: because the
following virtual functions are pure within 'android::AudioHardware':
hardware/libhardware/include/hardware/AudioHardwareInterface.h:178:
note: virtual android::status_t
android::AudioHardwareInterface::setRouting(int, uint32_t)
hardware/libhardware/include/hardware/AudioHardwareInterface.h:180:
note: virtual android::status_t
android::AudioHardwareInterface::getRouting(int, uint32_t*)
hardware/libhardware/include/hardware/AudioHardwareInterface.h:187:
note: virtual android::status_t
android::AudioHardwareInterface::setMode(int)
hardware/libhardware/include/hardware/AudioHardwareInterface.h:188:
note: virtual android::status_t
android::AudioHardwareInterface::getMode(int*)
hardware/libhardware/include/hardware/AudioHardwareInterface.h:200:
note: virtual size_t
android::AudioHardwareInterface::getInputBufferSize(uint32_t, int,
int)
hardware/libhardware/include/hardware/AudioHardwareInterface.h:207:
note: virtual android::AudioStreamOut*
android::AudioHardwareInterface::openOutputStream(int, int, uint32_t,
android::status_t*)
hardware/libhardware/include/hardware/AudioHardwareInterface.h:214:
note: virtual android::AudioStreamIn*
android::AudioHardwareInterface::openInputStream(int, int, uint32_t,
android::status_t*)
hardware/libhardware/include/hardware/AudioHardwareInterface.h:217:
note: virtual android::status_t
android::AudioHardwareInterface::dumpState(int, const
android::Vector<android::String16>&)
make: *** [out/target/product/dream/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/
libaudio_intermediates/AudioHardware.o] Error 1

What am I doing wrong? Any insight would be appreciated.

Eric

Dec 20, 2008, 1:49:08 PM12/20/08
to android-platform
I am experiencing the exact same error building on Ubuntu 8.10. It
appears that there is a missing header file for the MSM72xx audio
hardware, as the compiler is complaining that the virtual interface
functions are pure (not defined.)

Disconnect

Dec 20, 2008, 2:04:09 PM12/20/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The bad news is, the repo is broke.

The good news is, there is a selfless googler technically already on vacation who is right now working to make sure the open source tree builds for ADP1. (And strangely enough, its not jbq - he's sleeping, that slacker. :) ..)

/* Disclaimer: jbq has done a -huge ton- of work to get the open source tree out, merged with master, etc. That is why I'm giving him grief :) */

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 20, 2008, 2:52:10 PM12/20/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
You forgot that I can usually merge files and fix builds in my sleep
(and even answer email) ;-)

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Android Engineer, Google.

Disconnect

Dec 20, 2008, 2:53:45 PM12/20/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Oh sh*t he's awake! Run!!

;)

homestah

Dec 20, 2008, 2:58:54 PM12/20/08
to android-platform
Oh that sounds great! Where would this info usually be posted when it
has been fixed?
> > > What am I doing wrong? Any insight would be appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

Disconnect

Dec 20, 2008, 3:01:20 PM12/20/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
"repo sync" :) but I'll post here if I'm around when it happens. (Or you can monitor IRC #android on freenode.)

Eric

Dec 20, 2008, 3:21:23 PM12/20/08
to android-platform
I was able to build the repo with a few tweaks.

Followed instructions from: http://source.android.com/documentation/building-for-dream

1 other proprietary file was required from the phone: "/system/lib/
libOmxCore.so", placed in a few locations (make script will error out
looking for it.)

AudioHardware.h, AudioHardwareBase.h, and AudioHardwareInterface.h all
required minor tweaks to build correctly, however I have no idea on
the current state of these files and whether the resultant binaries
will work.

I have the system image built. Is it safe to apply to the ADP1? How
does one go about doing this?

On Dec 20, 2:04 pm, Disconnect <dc.disconn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The bad news is, the repo is broke.
>
> The good news is, there is a selfless googler technically already on
> vacation who is right now working to make sure the open source tree builds
> for ADP1. (And strangely enough, its not jbq - he's sleeping, that slacker.
> :) ..)
>
> /* Disclaimer: jbq has done a -huge ton- of work to get the open source tree
> out, merged with master, etc. That is why I'm giving him grief :) */

Disconnect

Dec 20, 2008, 3:34:55 PM12/20/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
OK, since I don't know the signed/unsigned state of the ADP1 bootloader I'm going to assume its similar to the modified one at www.gotontheinter.net/bootloader. (YMMV, if it MV too much you might want to just install the patched bootloader. I have it from a couple of people that it'll flash fine though, so..)

This will wipe out all your data. I'd recommend taking a backup. (http://www.gotontheinter.net/content/nandroid-v20-full-nand-backup-and-restore-tool - flash the recovery.img out of JF's 1.2 rc30 update.zip and then that script will work to do backup/restore.)

Go to out/target/product/dream/. All the .img files are the results of your hard work. Reboot your phone into fastboot mode (turn off, then hold camera and turn on. Then hook up USB and hit 'back' to get it to say FASTBOOT.)

Using the out/host/*/bin/fastboot tool:
fastboot system system.img
 -- the core system
fastboot boot boot.img
 -- kernel, initrd
fastboot userdata userdata.img
 -- erases your data, sets the system to a known state.
fastboot reboot
 -- ...yeah this step makes coffee. ;)

There ya go..

For other fastboot commands, there is a cheat sheet at www.gotontheinter.net/fastboot

jiri...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2008, 11:15:43 AM12/31/08
to android-platform
I can confirm this error.

On top of that, there is necessary to make a symlink of kernel/include/
linux into hardware/msm7k/libaudio/ otherwise AudioHardware.h can not
find #include <linux/msm_audio.h>.

Disconnect

Dec 31, 2008, 1:25:52 PM12/31/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
"repo sync"

been fixed for a couple days now.

Jiri Tyr

Dec 31, 2008, 2:00:33 PM12/31/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I have synced just a minute ago and still the same error. Btw. I'm talking about the cupcake repo.

Disconnect

Dec 31, 2008, 2:09:17 PM12/31/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Cupcake got merged into master - ongoing dev is there now.

(Cupcake is just the deprecated internal perforce repo.. and no, I don't know why it was released a couple of days before the merge was done instead of just merging from the start.)

Dave Sparks

Dec 31, 2008, 5:18:42 PM12/31/08
to android-platform
Cupcake is the stabilization branch for the next release. It is not
deprecated. It is a mirror of ongoing work inside Google that started
before Android was open sourced.

On Dec 31, 11:09 am, Disconnect <dc.disconn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cupcake got merged into master - ongoing dev is there now.
>
> (Cupcake is just the deprecated internal perforce repo.. and no, I don't
> know why it was released a couple of days before the merge was done instead
> of just merging from the start.)
>
> On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 2:00 PM, Jiri Tyr <jiri....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have synced just a minute ago and still the same error. Btw. I'm talking
> > about the cupcake repo.

Disconnect

Dec 31, 2008, 7:01:08 PM12/31/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Well, I've been hearing different stuff from the googs on #android. But either way, right now cupcake is basically useless on adp1 and master at least builds and runs. (No data, no wifi, no bt. SMS and voice work, mostly. Onscreen kb works mostly.)

coolio

Dec 31, 2008, 7:46:44 PM12/31/08
to android-platform
How do you build on master? I managed to build based on release-1.0. I
can place phone call but can't receive call. Of course as you
mentioned, no data, wifi, bt.
Happy New Year!