Kernel Project missing in manifest.xml

Vikram

Aug 29, 2009, 4:01:30 PM8/29/09
to android-platform
I dowloaded the android source code few weeks back through the
following link, and I have been working on code for few days now. But
I recently checked out source code yesterday on a separate machine and
found out that after doing a 'repo sync' there is no kernel folder in
the source code.
repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git

Is this a deliberate omission of kernel in the manifest. I checked
that in .repo/manifest.xml there is no specification of kernel
project, as opposed to the earlier case where it was there.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Aug 31, 2009, 10:46:08 AM8/31/09
to android-...@googlegroups.com
This is intentional. Having the kernel source in the android manifest
caused large downloads that few people needed, was not scalable, and
caused some confusion.

JBQ
--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Vikram

Sep 1, 2009, 10:47:49 AM9/1/09
to android-platform
Thanks. I appreciate your help in sorting out our problems.

Vikram