Keypress and touch event debugging

Hendra

Jan 13, 2009, 7:06:27 PM1/13/09
to android-platform
Hi,

Is there any debugging information related to keypress (key code,
button down/up, etc) and touch events (coordinate, action down/move/
up, etc) that are accessible through logcat, including the time that
the event is posted in the system? If there isn't such thing, does
anyone have any idea of a good place where I can add this debugging
information?

Thank you,
Hendra

Luke Hutchison

Jan 13, 2009, 9:59:26 PM1/13/09
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you can just dump that information out yourself to the log, by putting some Log.i() statements into the onKeyDown() and onTouchEvent() methods of an Activity or View.

Hendra

Jan 14, 2009, 3:56:40 PM1/14/09
to android-platform
Hi Luke,

Thanks for the info. Do you know of a way to do this at global level
so that all keypress and motion events are reported in every activity?

Regards,
Hendra

Dianne Hackborn

Jan 14, 2009, 4:00:04 PM1/14/09
to android-...@googlegroups.com
There currently isn't a way to do this.
--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

Dianne Hackborn

Jan 14, 2009, 4:01:22 PM1/14/09
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Well I should take that back a bit -- of you are posting here, you presumably are building your own versions of the platform, so you can just build a version that does log outputs that the places in the framework and/or window manager where you are interested.  There are also numerous debug logs you can turn on in the window manager if you are rebuilding the system.

Hendra

Jan 15, 2009, 1:09:33 PM1/15/09
to android-platform
Hi Dianne,

I was hoping I just need to invoke the emulator with a correct flag,
but I guess it's not. Thanks for the info though, now I know what to
explore from here.

Regards,
Hendra