Managing Android Devices

Dale Woodford

Jun 8, 2009, 11:34:16 AM6/8/09
to android-...@googlegroups.com
We are proposing to add support for device management to the Android platform.

The proposal is specifically intended to be compatible with version 1.2 of the Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) Device Management (DM) protocol. Note that this isn't a proposal to write an OMA DM client or server. It is an extension to the Android platform which would allow one (or more) third parties to build an OMA DM client.

You can find details of the proposal here:

http://docs.google.com/View?id=dfzk2g4_5dn6kdxhx

We would like to obtain your feedback about the design. Please send comments and questions to the mailing list.

Thanks,
Dale

Ewan Benfield

May 7, 2010, 6:03:41 AM5/7/10
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The document below doesn't appear to exist any more. Does anyone have more
information on this?

Thanks,
Ewan