Git android source through http proxy

Wang Fei

Nov 6, 2008, 1:45:20 AM11/6/08
to android-platform
Hi,

I successfully 'GIT' android source through http proxy. Here is my
steps:

Download a tool corkscrew from http://www.agroman.net/corkscrew/

tar zxvf corkscrew-2.0.tar.gz
cd corkscrew-2.0
./configure
make
cp corkscrew ~/bin # or to any directory in your $PATH

Create a shell script named 'git-proxy' in ~/bin, include following
content:
#!/bin/sh
exec ~/bin/corkscrew <proxy name> <proxy port> $*

Replace ~/bin/ and <...> with your own information.

and then run following command:

git config --global core.gitproxy '~/bin/git-proxy'

Regards
Wang Fei.

fulai xi

Nov 6, 2008, 2:19:38 AM11/6/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Great!
It works well.
Thanks
Best Regards

-Fulai

Dilip M

Nov 6, 2008, 8:33:10 AM11/6/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the steps...May I know the GIT version and OS? :)

--
Dilip

Wang Fei

Nov 6, 2008, 9:19:07 PM11/6/08
to android-platform

git version 1.5.4.3
OS is ubuntu 8.04

On 11月6日, 下午9时33分, "Dilip M" <dilip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 12:15 PM, Wang Fei <bjwf2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I successfully 'GIT' android source through http proxy. Here is my
> > steps:
>
> > Download a tool corkscrew fromhttp://www.agroman.net/corkscrew/

getandroid

Nov 7, 2008, 4:37:16 AM11/7/08
to android-platform
hi,

i've tried to do the above but got the following error:

# repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git

Getting repo ...
from git://android.kernel.org/tools/repo.git
fatal: exec ~/bin/git-proxy failed.

Before doing what u've suggested i was getting the following error:

# repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git:8080

Getting repo ...
from git://android.kernel.org/tools/repo.git
fatal: Unable to look up android.kernel.org (port 9418) (Name or
service not known)

Please let me know if u have faced this error.

On Nov 6, 11:45 am, Wang Fei <bjwf2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I  successfully 'GIT' android source through http proxy. Here is my
> steps:
>
> Download a tool  corkscrew  fromhttp://www.agroman.net/corkscrew/

wangfei

Nov 7, 2008, 4:45:10 AM11/7/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Seems your ~/bin/git-proxy has something wrong. try following:

1. make sure your git-proxy has x attribute: chmod +x git-proxy.
2. make sure your git-proxy is correct.
3. try replace ~/bin with the absolute path.

Regards
Wang Fei.

Renesas

Nov 26, 2008, 4:27:58 AM11/26/08
to android-platform
Hello all,

i've tried this but i've got the same message than getandroid. I have
checked all this point but nothing happened. I've still got the
message:
"Getting repo ...
from git://android.kernel.org/tools/repo.git
fatal: exec ~/bin/git-proxy failed.
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly "

Thanks to help me,
Mathieu

On 7 nov, 10:45, wangfei <bjwf2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Seems your ~/bin/git-proxy has something wrong. try following:
>
> 1. make sure your git-proxy has x attribute: chmod +x git-proxy.
> 2. make sure your git-proxy is correct.
> 3. try replace ~/bin with the absolute path.
>
> Regards
> Wang Fei.

rams

Dec 7, 2008, 12:24:50 PM12/7/08
to android-platform
Hi All,
I followed the steps for getting the Android kernel,
but I am facing the following issue:

$repo init -u git://git.koolu.org/freerunner/platform/manifest.git
Getting repo ...
from git://android.kernel.org/tools/repo.git
fatal: Unable to look up android.kernel.org (port 9418) (Name or
service not known)

Dont know how to fix the error.
what should I give for proxy and port? I m directly connecting throug
the internet not through a web proxy.

Please help.

Thanks,
Ram.

yorky

Dec 7, 2008, 10:28:35 PM12/7/08
to android-platform
i've tried to do the above but got the following error:
# repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git
Getting repo ...
from git://android.kernel.org/tools/repo.git
Proxy could not open connnection to android.kernel.org: Proxy Error
( The specified Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) port is not allowed. ISA
Server is not configured to allow SSL requests from this port. Most
Web browsers use port 443 for SSL requests. )

Then, I tried to use the following commands ,but got the same above
error info.
# repo init -u http://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git
or # repo init -u http://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git

what's wrong with the proxy? or any other idea?

thanks

On 11月6日, 下午2时45分, Wang Fei <bjwf2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I successfully 'GIT' android source through http proxy. Here is my
> steps:
>
> Download a tool corkscrew fromhttp://www.agroman.net/corkscrew/

pavan savoy

Jan 20, 2009, 2:09:40 AM1/20/09
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am behind a bad proxy which blocks 9418, and hence used the http:// instead of the git:// inside my repo script. Now I get this error ...

repo init -u http://git.omapzoom.org/repo/android/platform/omapmanifest.git
Getting repo ...
   from http://android.git.kernel.org/tools/repo.git

fatal: branch 'stable' has not been signed

How can I work-around this ?

regards,
Pavan Savoy