Froyo!

Jim Ancona

Jul 4, 2010, 1:01:10 AM7/4/10
to android-on-freerunner
Since Serdar is nagging me to push what I've done on the Froyo merge,
here it is. All I will claim is:

1. It compiles.
2. It boots.

I've enabled adb by default, so you can use logcat to figure out
everything that's crashing. Do NOT install it if you want your phone
to be useful for anything. Please do NOT report a bug unless you have
a suggested fix for it, preferable in patch form. Feel free to share
thoughts about possible fixes here, of course!

Serdar, please do a build of master as soon as you've recovered
sufficiently from celebrating the result of Germany's World Cup game
:-)

Thanks,

Jim

Popa Mihai

Jul 6, 2010, 11:40:44 AM7/6/10
to android-on...@googlegroups.com
hello.i am interested in testing froyo for freerunner.could u please send it to me or provide me with a link for it?thank you verry much

Yorick Moko

Jul 7, 2010, 6:05:32 AM7/7/10
to android-on...@googlegroups.com
hmmm, this would actually make me consider to dedicate some time again to the FR
I'm wondering if Froyo can make the FR a bit more responsive... looking forward to this, please keep us updated and I hope you can find some help to get this working on the FR

Popa Mihai

Jul 7, 2010, 6:27:30 AM7/7/10
to android-on...@googlegroups.com

Android on my Fr mooves like really really slow.hopefully froyo will be better
qt moko moves really fast but it's not android :D i think that androids kernell it's not optimized

Martin Puffe

Aug 8, 2010, 8:33:22 AM8/8/10
to android-on-freerunner
Hello, I have just tested Android on Freerunner for the first time and
wiuld love to help getting Froyo run on my Freerunner. So I formatted
my sd card, extracted the froyo archive to it, but I cannot install it
as described in GetIt in the wiki. Booting from NOR is of course
impossible, but even botting from qi doesnt work properly. It boots
from NAND by default, and when I change the boot disk by pressing the
AUX button, the display stays dark. Has this sth. to do with the fact,
that the umask of the images could not be conserved? cp -a and tar -xf
in the sd cards (FAT parition!) directory both emitted the same
warnings.

Popa Mihai

Aug 8, 2010, 9:21:27 AM8/8/10
to android-on...@googlegroups.com

i've tested a froyo build but it's way to slow.it's like u have to wait 2 minutes for the image to appear after you pressed the button :d but it's a step forward.thank for the build,if you need testing please give a link or attache  the file to email and send it to me.thank you

Martin Puffe

Aug 8, 2010, 9:59:52 AM8/8/10
to android-on...@googlegroups.com
I have now waited about  ten minutes - no reaction of the phone. Can it be qi's fault. I can boot the cupcake installation only from NOR, because luckily this kernel is smaller than 2 mb. I do not manage to boot the cupcake installation from qi. It always seems to boot from nand, even if I switch the kernels as described in the openmoko wiki.

Serdar Dere

Aug 8, 2010, 12:41:24 PM8/8/10
Am 08.08.10 15:21, schrieb Popa Mihai:

i've tested a froyo build but it's way to slow.it's like u have to wait 2 minutes for the image to appear after you pressed the button :d but it's a step forward.thank for the build,if you need testing please give a link or attache  the file to email and send it to me.thank you
Please be patient and disable animations that should speed it up, I will have a look how to disable that by default or how to get rid of this error

Greetungs Serdar

Serdar Dere

Aug 8, 2010, 12:42:43 PM8/8/10
to android-on...@googlegroups.com
You can use the installer, that will create the right layer for android, because it's different then these for other distributions

Greetings Serdar

ran

Aug 8, 2010, 1:36:09 PM8/8/10
to android-on-freerunner
Tip HowTo switch animation off: use screen rotation to get next
setting screen

On 8 авг, 20:42, Serdar Dere <ser...@serdar-dere.net> wrote:
> You can use the installer, that will create the right layer for android,
> because it's different then these for other distributions
>
> Greetings Serdar
>
> Am 08.08.10 15:59, schrieb Martin Puffe:
>
> > I have now waited about  ten minutes - no reaction of the phone. Can
> > it be qi's fault. I can boot the cupcake installation only from NOR,
> > because luckily this kernel is smaller than 2 mb. I do not manage to
> > boot the cupcake installation from qi. It always seems to boot from
> > nand, even if I switch the kernels as described in the openmoko wiki.
>
> > 2010/8/8 Popa Mihai <synco...@gmail.com <mailto:synco...@gmail.com>>
>
> >     i've tested a froyo build but it's way to slow.it
> >     <http://slow.it>'s like u have to wait 2 minutes for the image to

Martin Puffe

Aug 8, 2010, 2:56:40 PM8/8/10
to android-on...@googlegroups.com
I downloaded your tar archive, extracted it to the sd card and tried to boot it, so I used the installer, didn't I? (if it worked)

Popa Mihai

Aug 8, 2010, 4:31:30 PM8/8/10
to android-on...@googlegroups.com
oki,i will reinstall froyo in 5 minutes.could i make a sugestion?

Gabriel Bolivar

Aug 8, 2010, 6:28:44 PM8/8/10
to android-on-freerunner
Hi,

I had installed and test it. My results:

- Booting ok
- Speed acceptable after disabling animations
- WiFi not working for me
- SD not detected. (The same card used for instalation of
http://serdar-dere.net/~serdar/daily/android-on-freerunner-master-froyo-daily-20100805.tar.bz2)
- GPRS not working me. Indicator says it is connected but not working
- Can't make calls, Phone Dialer refuses to open.
- Contacts get stood, not working.

Keep the good work, it is advancing very fast!

Thanks,
Gabriel

Serdar Dere

Aug 9, 2010, 7:38:01 AM8/9/10
to android-on...@googlegroups.com
Can anybody who got Froyo working: reactivate animations and use logcat
to make a log for us?
We need to find the problem.

Greetings Serdar

Popa Mihai

Aug 9, 2010, 8:34:43 AM8/9/10
to android-on...@googlegroups.com

where do i find log cat?about the sugestion,i wanted to tell you if there's anyway you can attache to android build apps installer from sd card?

Evgueniy Grabovetskiy

Aug 9, 2010, 4:20:37 PM8/9/10
to android-on...@googlegroups.com
After 15 min froyo start to work. Wi-fi, sd-card, gsm - not work.

2010/8/9 Serdar Dere <ser...@serdar-dere.net>
logcat.tar.gz

Shawn Thompson

Aug 9, 2010, 8:33:53 PM8/9/10
to android-on...@googlegroups.com
Slow, can't try anything on it, also not being seen by adb. I'll try again for the logs during boot and see if it works better that way.