How to not compress files in assets folder other then renaming to .mp3?

Gregory Ray

Apr 4, 2010, 3:35:21 AM4/4/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I'm currently renaming the files to .mp3 so they do not compress.

Has this been solved yet?

--
Gregory Ray
COO, Seek Mobile Interactive, Inc.

---

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and protected by law from unauthorized disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

fadden

Apr 7, 2010, 2:17:31 AM4/7/10
to android-ndk
On Apr 4, 12:35 am, Gregory Ray <gr...@seekmobileinteractive.com>
wrote:

> I'm currently renaming the files to .mp3 so they do not compress.
>
> Has this been solved yet?

If you have sufficient control over the build process, you can use the
"-0" flag with zip or aapt to add the assets.

Was there another file extension that should be in the list?
Currently:

static const char* kNoCompressExt[] = {
".jpg", ".jpeg", ".png", ".gif",
".wav", ".mp2", ".mp3", ".ogg", ".aac",
".mpg", ".mpeg", ".mid", ".midi", ".smf", ".jet",
".rtttl", ".imy", ".xmf", ".mp4", ".m4a",
".m4v", ".3gp", ".3gpp", ".3g2", ".3gpp2",
".amr", ".awb", ".wma", ".wmv"
};

azakh

Apr 7, 2010, 5:32:46 AM4/7/10
to android-ndk
On Apr 7, 9:17 am, fadden <fad...@android.com> wrote:

> Was there another file extension that should be in the list?
> Currently:
>
> static const char* kNoCompressExt[] = {
>     ".jpg", ".jpeg", ".png", ".gif",
>     ".wav", ".mp2", ".mp3", ".ogg", ".aac",
>     ".mpg", ".mpeg", ".mid", ".midi", ".smf", ".jet",
>     ".rtttl", ".imy", ".xmf", ".mp4", ".m4a",
>     ".m4v", ".3gp", ".3gpp", ".3g2", ".3gpp2",
>     ".amr", ".awb", ".wma", ".wmv"
>
> };

It would be great to add .zip or .pak in that list.

Hans-Werner Hilse

Apr 7, 2010, 7:30:55 AM4/7/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

since we're asked for input, here's my 2ct:

On 04/07/2010 08:17 AM, fadden wrote:
> If you have sufficient control over the build process, you can use the
> "-0" flag with zip or aapt to add the assets.
>
> Was there another file extension that should be in the list?

".uncompressed" (or ".dontcompress" or ".dontzip"...) would be great. It
would allow to use some expressive naming convention that makes things
pretty obvious to newcomers to your code.

-hwh

Gregory Ray

Apr 7, 2010, 4:51:18 PM4/7/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Honestly we should have a special folder for not compressing. When working in the NDK the compression just adds an extra layer of complexity to work with the file system and having a special uncompressed folder would solve allot of headache.