sndfile for Android

Cameron Wong

Oct 9, 2010, 12:15:58 PM10/9/10
to android-ndk
Hi,

sndfile is a library for reading/writing sound files. I am trying to
port sndfile to Android. The goal is to generate a sndfile.h and
libsndfile.so for other application to link.

I wrote Android.mk according to Makefile.am in sndfile but I got an
error of "No 64 bit integer type". I think there should be many such
kind of error and I don't want to modify the code much.

Could someone be so kind to give me some suggestion on how to do this
task?

Thank you very much!

Cameron

survivant

Oct 10, 2010, 8:37:07 AM10/10/10
to android-ndk
I can't help you to compile, but I'm looking for that. I can help you
test that.

I was also looking for the audio library from ffmpeg, but I wasn't
able to compile it. I'm really bad in C. I'm a java developer.

alan

Oct 11, 2010, 5:31:29 AM10/11/10
to android-ndk
if you post the lines of code that are generating the error we may be
able to help

Cameron Wong

Oct 11, 2010, 9:59:53 PM10/11/10
to android-ndk
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies!

I've passed compiling. (But not sure whether it works. I have no time
to test it recently)

It seems easier than I expected. No modification to code is needed in
order to pass compiling. Just copy a generated sndfile.h and config.h
from a pre-generated one on other Linux platform.

Here is the Makefile:
http://e-guidedog.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/e-guidedog/eGuideDog_TTS/android/jni/sndfile.mk?revision=934&view=markup

And here is the library for Android (no test has been done. It may not
work)
http://wa.eguidedog.net/tmp/libsndfile.so

Cameron
http://www.eguidedog.net - free software for the blind

survivant

Oct 14, 2010, 5:35:50 PM10/14/10
to android-ndk

Thanks you.

I want to test it for sure.

I never did jni.

Do you have a helloworld to test the library?

Thanks again