Sharing FOSS packages at Droidhub.net

Bill Cox

Mar 12, 2011, 5:57:06 AM3/12/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com, andro...@googlegroups.com
Sharing FOSS Android code is harder than it should be. I'm starting a
project at Droidhub.net to fix this. When up and running, it should
be very easy to find existing packages for Android that you can
incorporate into your application. By "package", I don't mean apk
files, but instead packages like we find in Debian and Red Hat that
install directly into your application directory with a simple install
command.

If you have FOSS code you would like to share, whether you simply
ported existing code, or developed new code from scratch, I would like
to hear about it. I've created a Google group for discussing new
packages, and the tools we'll need to manage them. Feel free to
introduce yourself at:

http://groups.google.com/group/droidhub

Thanks,
Bill