Error while extracting bootchart.tgz

jagan

May 2, 2011, 2:16:14 PM5/2/11
to Android Linux Kernel Development
Hi All,

I working on bootchart on GB.

In host:
I am install bootchart on my ubuntu-10.10
as apt-get install bootchart

In target:
I am able to create the bootchart.tgz,
but while i am extracting i got the following error like

parsing 'Documents/bootchart.tgz'
parsing 'header'
parsing 'kernel_pacct'
parsing 'proc_diskstats.log'
parsing 'proc_ps.log'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/bootchart", line 23, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/pybootchartgui/main.py", line
111, in main
options.crop_after, options.annotate)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/pybootchartgui/parsing.py", line
248, in parse
state = parse_paths(writer, ParserState(), paths)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/pybootchartgui/parsing.py", line
237, in parse_paths
state = _do_parse(writer, state, name, tf.extractfile(name))
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/pybootchartgui/parsing.py", line
201, in _do_parse
state.ps_stats = _parse_proc_ps_log(writer, file)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/pybootchartgui/parsing.py", line
76, in _parse_proc_ps_log
offset = [index for index, token in enumerate(tokens[1:]) if
token[-1] == ')'][0]
IndexError: list index out of range

Can any one give me the pointers to solve this issue.

Regards,
Jagan

jagan

May 2, 2011, 2:26:50 PM5/2/11
to Android Linux Kernel Development
I am extracting  like

$ bootchart Documents/bootchart.tgz

i got above error

Karl

May 9, 2011, 4:12:52 AM5/9/11
to Android Linux Kernel Development
Hi,

It looked like you are facing parse ps_log error, so please check your
kernel menuconfig to see if below are enable.
-> General setup
-> BSD Process Accounting
-> BSD Process Accounting version 3 file formate

Meanwhile, you need to download the sources from bootchart.org follow
the instructions in /system/core/init/README.BOOTCHART

BR,
Karl

yladsr

May 10, 2011, 12:24:51 PM5/10/11
to Android Linux Kernel Development
Hi Karl, when you say "you need to download the sources from
bootchart.org." to you mean anything other than doing "apt-get install
bootchart"?

Can you explain the reason for the General setup you mentioned?

I'm wondering if there is incompatibility between my bootchart.tgz and
the bootchart tool. Can you speak to compatibility concerns -
versions...

I did apt-get install bootchart on my unbuntu system, a different
system than where I build android (restriction on my build server
blocked this). Here the output which shows the error:

$ bootchart bootchart.tgz
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:57: GtkWarning:
could not open display
warnings.warn(str(e), _gtk.Warning)
parsing 'bootchart.tgz'
parsing 'header'
parsing 'proc_stat.log'
parsing 'proc_ps.log'
warning: no parent for pid '2' with ppid '0'
parsing 'proc_diskstats.log'
parsing 'kernel_pacct'
merged 0 logger processes
pruned 63 process, 0 exploders, 2 threads, and 0 runs
False
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/bootchart", line 23, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/pybootchartgui/main.py", line
137, in main
render()
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/pybootchartgui/main.py", line
128, in render
batch.render(writer, res, options, filename)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/pybootchartgui/batch.py", line
41, in render
draw.render(ctx, options, *res)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/pybootchartgui/draw.py", line
282, in render
draw_chart(ctx, IO_COLOR, True, chart_rect, [(sample.time,
sample.util) for sample in disk_stats], proc_tree)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/pybootchartgui/draw.py", line
201, in draw_chart
yscale = float(chart_bounds[3]) / max(y for (x,y) in data)
ZeroDivisionError: float division

Thanks
yladsr

On May 9, 1:12 am, Karl <karl.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It looked like you are facing parse ps_log error, so please check your
> kernel menuconfig to see if below are enable.
> -> General setup
>     -> BSD Process Accounting
>         -> BSD Process Accounting version 3 file formate
>
> Meanwhile, you need to download the sources frombootchart.org follow
> the instructions in /system/core/init/README.BOOTCHART
>
> BR,
> Karl
>
> On May 3, 2:16 am, jagan <402ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi All,
>
> > I working onbootcharton GB.
> > Jagan- Hide quoted text -

pavan m

May 10, 2011, 1:30:55 AM5/10/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi jagan,

I once faced a similar issue. Replace the attached files into  /usr/share/pyshared/pybootchartgui/ on your linux machine and try again

Cheers,
Pavan

draw.py
parsing.py
samples.py

yladsr

May 11, 2011, 5:41:43 PM5/11/11
to Android Linux Kernel Development
Excellent! Thanks pavan for taking the time and making the effort,
this worked for me.

yladsr