How to modify and re-build android source code

pincrespo

Aug 2, 2010, 6:05:04 AM8/2/10
to Android Linux Kernel Development
Hi,

I followed the steps on http://source.android.com/source/download.html
to download the Android Source Code under Ubuntu with Eclipse.

Now, I need to modify the Android Source Code (the Operating System),
but I don't know how to check the new -modified- Operating System with
the Emulator.

Can somebody help me, please??

Thanks at all.

John Vidler

Aug 2, 2010, 8:11:40 AM8/2/10
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Simply make your changes to the code then run 'make' followed by 'emulator' in the terminal from your base build path, like you did in the "Building the code" section of the page you linked to.

-John.

pincrespo

Aug 18, 2010, 4:50:26 PM8/18/10
to Android Linux Kernel Development
Thanks John, but your method doesn't work.

Other people are working in the same problem:
http://groups.google.com/group/android-building/browse_thread/thread/f8f0c3bacd6efae/05ec2449d4e5dc6f?hl=es&lnk=gst&q=how-to#05ec2449d4e5dc6f

If someone solved the problem, please you would publish here.

Regards.