OMAP 2.6.32 branch on AOSP

Steve Niemitz

Mar 1, 2010, 9:27:56 PM3/1/10
to Android Linux Kernel Development
I noticed there was an omap 2.6.32 branch recently pushed to AOSP in
the OMAP repo (as opposed to in the experimental repo where it used to
be), I'm curious what the state of the TI WLAN drivers are? Last time
I tried to build them they were incompatible with any kernel above
2.6.31 due to changes in the network driver model. Are there plans to
have updated drivers available on AOSP any time in the near future or
have they not been ported yet?

Mike Lockwood

Mar 2, 2010, 1:16:55 PM3/2/10
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

Yes, there is a new TI wlan driver, but the source has not been
released yet. I asked to see if we could release it now, but
apparently the driver requires a new version of the binary firmware
file (which we do not have rights to redistribute) so the updated
driver code wouldn't do you any good anyway.

Mike

> --

Mike Lockwood
Google android team