USB HID with Android?

medicdave

Mar 21, 2008, 10:11:06 AM3/21/08
to Android Internals
Hi All-

I have a PXA255-based hardware platform from Compulab, and I'm
thinking about trying to run Android on it. It's a little shy on I/O
though - no keybaord, no touchscreen interface. There is some GPIO
that I could probably lash into a directional keypad, but it would be
much nicer just to plug a HID mouse and keyboard into the USB ports.

This may seem like a silly question: Will Android's UI work with HID
via USB?

Thanks,
[medic]Dave

hackbod

Mar 21, 2008, 12:47:55 PM3/21/08
to Android Internals
I can't answer about HID, but we don't support a mouse. If you do
have a mouse device, I suspect it will think it is a trackball (for
controlling the UI like a 5-way nav).