Please vote: Donate and Setup Android DotPhone NotWinner Fund

PowerGUI

May 11, 2008, 2:13:50 PM5/11/08
to Android Challenge
Hi,everybody
First,Best Wishes to All Winners.
I want to setup up an ADC NotWinner Fund.
The goal of the Fund is to encourage the ADC NotWinner
who has done a great job,or who moved you
very much,and etc.
The gift is Android DotPhone Hardware
Development Board with GSM/GPRS and GPS module.
As a startup,I want to donate some Android Evaluation Board to
the funds from my personal donation.If there are some people
or company will sponsor,
the more Android Evaluation Board will be sent out to the
Android Developers.
the rule will be voting somebody(of course yourself,no problem)
with
a brief reason.If more Development
Board is waiting to send out,then the voted man and vote man all
has the opportunity.maybe we will have another form of gifts besides
dotphone development board in the future.

I think develop android on real hardware is a exciting things,
wish the android dotphone deveopment board will be the best gifts for
our
ADC NotWinner!

how about your comments and suggestions?if there are many people
agree with this fund,I will run it shortlty after now.any feedbacks
will
be appreciated.

Best Regards
PowerGUI
------------------------
Android DotPhone Group
http://www.dotphone.org/english/

Braden Napier

May 11, 2008, 2:16:22 PM5/11/08
to Android Challenge
I would support - my funds are limited - how much is each dotphone?

PowerGUI

May 11, 2008, 2:29:25 PM5/11/08
to Android Challenge
Thanks, Braden Napier.
each dotphone is about $600,including mainboard+7"lcd(or 3.5'lcd),
add
international EMS post fee to developers.
the amount is not important.the key point is your kindness.

Thanks and Best Regards
PowerGUI

PowerGUI

May 11, 2008, 2:38:48 PM5/11/08
to Android Challenge
sorry,the dotphone board also including gsm/gprs and gps module.

Cow Bay

May 11, 2008, 8:07:35 PM5/11/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
$600 with gps?

PowerGUI

May 11, 2008, 7:31:57 PM5/11/08
to Android Challenge
yes,it is an Android Development Evalulation Board System,
,including mainboard+lcd+gsm/gprs+gps+expensive international post
fee.
since the amount of board is very small,every part is a little
expensive.

Best Regards
PowerGUI
Android DotPhone Group
http://www.dotphone.org/english

PowerGUI

May 14, 2008, 5:27:49 AM5/14/08
to Android Challenge
The First Android Dotphone Development Evalulation Board for
Android DotPhone None-Winner Fund is Ready.
Please vote some project or somebody,I want to send him as a gift.
This board is from my personal donation.

when this topic reaches 25, I will send this board out
immediiately.

Best Regards
PowerGUI
------------------------------
Android DotPhone Group
http://www.dotphone.org/english

Steve Oldmeadow

May 14, 2008, 5:58:44 AM5/14/08
to Android Challenge
That is extremely generous of you PowerGUI.

I vote for: Josh Guilfoyle http://five.googlecode.com/

Dan T.

May 14, 2008, 6:53:55 AM5/14/08
to Android Challenge
where can we vote PowerGUI ?

Steve Oldmeadow

May 14, 2008, 7:05:37 AM5/14/08
to Android Challenge

On May 14, 6:53 pm, "Dan T." <danielftor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> where can we vote PowerGUI ?

I thought he meant for us to vote in this thread and when there are 25
votes he will send the board to the winner.

arnouf

May 14, 2008, 7:18:36 AM5/14/08
to Android Challenge
Vote :) but not the 25th :(
PowerGUI allowed to developer to test their apps on a real hardware
environment! The logic is different of a real phone and other company
who wait the good moment to deliver a real phone, with the commercial
package.
I participated to the ADC1 without to be a winner...But I think that
my application has a good concept and I hope launch this concept,
application and server when all will be ok. If I should wait a real
phone to develop and test really the app, I think that it will be too
late...

So PowerGUI +1 :)

Arnaud

plusminus

May 14, 2008, 7:47:57 AM5/14/08
to Android Challenge
I'd love testing my Navigation-System AndNav on an actual hardware:
http://andnav.anddev.org/

So I am voting for myself *shame_on_me*

Regards, plusminus
http://anddev.org
# Worlds largest Android Development Community / Tutorials

PowerGUI

May 14, 2008, 7:56:53 AM5/14/08
to Android Challenge
yes,you can vote yourself here.
the Android DotPhone Development Board is almost the same
with real phone.everything is ok,including gsm/gprs and gps.
when the valid votes reaches 25,the high votes will be the winner.
I am sure,the dotphone board will > 1. and the next board will
calculated from the first votes except the winner.

Best Regards
PowerGUI
---------------------
Android DotPhone Group
http://www.dotphone.org/english

Peli

May 14, 2008, 8:08:42 AM5/14/08
to Android Challenge
What happened to your ZoomMDK?

http://www.anddev.org/there_is_something_in_the_air_a_zoommdk-t1878.html

I thought you could already test Tom Gibara's MoseyCode application
( http://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycode/ ). If not, then I vote
for Tom (unless he is one of the 4 secret slots). For his application
it would be crucial to test the speed of a real device. This makes
only sense though, if a camera is included in the set-up.

Peli

On May 14, 1:47 pm, plusminus <stoeps...@gmx.de> wrote:
> I'd love testing my Navigation-System AndNav on an actual hardware:http://andnav.anddev.org/
>
> So I am voting for myself *shame_on_me*
>
> Regards, plusminushttp://anddev.org

Dan T.

May 14, 2008, 2:50:15 PM5/14/08
to Android Challenge
Well because we are takin SlashWars to the real deal it would be
marvelous to have that dev board !

So i'll be as selfish as plusminus and vote for myself !

SlashWars +1

On 14 mai, 14:08, Peli <peli0...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> What happened to your ZoomMDK?
>
> http://www.anddev.org/there_is_something_in_the_air_a_zoommdk-t1878.html
>
> I thought you could already test Tom Gibara's MoseyCode application
> (http://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycode/). If not, then I vote
> for Tom (unless he is one of the 4 secret slots). For his application
> it would be crucial to test the speed of a real device. This makes
> only sense though, if a camera is included in the set-up.
>
> Peli
>
> On May 14, 1:47 pm, plusminus <stoeps...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > I'd love testing my Navigation-System AndNav on an actual hardware:http://andnav.anddev.org/
>
> > So I am voting for myself *shame_on_me*
>
> > Regards, plusminushttp://anddev.org
> > # Worlds largest Android Development Community / Tutorials
>
> > On May 14, 1:18 pm, arnouf <arnaud.far...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Vote :) but not the 25th :(
> > >PowerGUIallowed to developer to test their apps on a real hardware
> > > environment! The logic is different of a real phone and other company
> > > who wait the good moment to deliver a real phone, with the commercial
> > > package.
> > > I participated to the ADC1 without to be a winner...But I think that
> > > my application has a good concept and I hope launch this concept,
> > > application and server when all will be ok. If I should wait a real
> > > phone to develop and test really the app, I think that it will be too
> > > late...
>
> > > SoPowerGUI+1 :)

plusminus

May 14, 2008, 3:25:02 PM5/14/08
to Android Challenge
The Zoom doesn't have GPS + there is currently simply NO support/
guides. I nowhere can find the pin-configuration of the Serial-Cable
that is needed :(
The simply post this link, instead of 2 sentenced of describing the
pinouts: http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat%5fid=908&sku=02882
It's weird!

On May 14, 2:08 pm, Peli <peli0...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> What happened to your ZoomMDK?
>
> http://www.anddev.org/there_is_something_in_the_air_a_zoommdk-t1878.html
>
> I thought you could already test Tom Gibara's MoseyCode application
> (http://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycode/). If not, then I vote

Zorg

May 14, 2008, 4:32:43 PM5/14/08
to Android Challenge
+1 for SlashWars

Steve Oldmeadow

May 14, 2008, 10:39:15 PM5/14/08
to Android Challenge
Can't believe people aren't voting in this. Maybe they are too busy
whinging ;)
All great nominations, in support of Five and Josh I will add that it
is open source with the source code released. This is a streaming
media player with a server component! I think that deserves some sort
of acknowledgement.

I've summarised the votes so far, hopefully that will encourage some
more people to vote.

02 Slashwars http://www.slashwars.com by Dan T
01 Five http://five.googlecode.com by Josh Guilfoyle
01 AndNav http://andnav.anddev.org by plusminus
01 MoseyCode http://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycode by Tom Gibara

Steven A.

May 14, 2008, 10:48:07 PM5/14/08
to Android Challenge
+1 Duo

Finn Kennedy

May 14, 2008, 10:51:58 PM5/14/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
+1 Duo

Duo is my favorite of the non winners.  Apart from my own submission of course, but I have moved on to porting my application to other platforms.

Finn
http://www.teedroid.com

Steve Oldmeadow

May 14, 2008, 11:02:05 PM5/14/08
to Android Challenge
02 Duo
02 Slashwars http://www.slashwars.com by Dan T
01 Five http://five.googlecode.com by Josh Guilfoyle
01 AndNav http://andnav.anddev.org by plusminus
01 MoseyCode http://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycode by Tom Gibara

NB: this is to win real hardware kindly donated by PowerGUI. Also I
ignored the vote for PowerGUI, he deserves votes but I'm sure he
doesn't want to award his donation to himself.

GodsMoon

May 14, 2008, 11:10:26 PM5/14/08
to Android Challenge
So many good apps to choose from.
I'm going to go with AndNav b/c plusminus has done so much for the
community he needs to be rewarded. :)

+1 AndNav

On May 14, 11:02 pm, Steve Oldmeadow <st...@smoco.com> wrote:
> 02 Duo
> 02 Slashwarshttp://www.slashwars.comby Dan T
> 01 Fivehttp://five.googlecode.comby Josh Guilfoyle
> 01 AndNavhttp://andnav.anddev.orgby plusminus
> 01 MoseyCodehttp://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycodeby Tom Gibara

mickrobk

May 14, 2008, 11:38:12 PM5/14/08
to Android Challenge
+1 MoseyCode, I've always thought that was really impressive

On May 14, 6:08 am, Peli <peli0...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> What happened to your ZoomMDK?
>
> http://www.anddev.org/there_is_something_in_the_air_a_zoommdk-t1878.html
>
> I thought you could already test Tom Gibara's MoseyCode application
> (http://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycode/). If not, then I vote

Steve Oldmeadow

May 14, 2008, 11:40:21 PM5/14/08
to Android Challenge
02 AndNav http://andnav.anddev.org by plusminus
02 Duo
02 MoseyCode http://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycode by Tom Gibara
02 Slashwars http://www.slashwars.com by Dan T
01 Five http://five.googlecode.com by Josh Guilfoyle

Competition is heating up!

tberthel

May 15, 2008, 1:24:56 AM5/15/08
to Android Challenge
Well honestly I can't even afford to pay the post.. So, sadly and not
really out of kindness I vote for the best calculator.

I can't really choose, but I would say HandyCalc. I ask forgiveness
from MobiMath, CalcDroid, gWhiz, or other great learning/math tool.

On May 14, 10:40 pm, Steve Oldmeadow <st...@smoco.com> wrote:
> 02 AndNavhttp://andnav.anddev.orgby plusminus
> 02 Duo
> 02 MoseyCodehttp://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycodeby Tom Gibara
> 02 Slashwarshttp://www.slashwars.comby Dan T
> 01 Fivehttp://five.googlecode.comby Josh Guilfoyle
>
> Competition is heating up!

tberthel

May 15, 2008, 1:27:09 AM5/15/08
to Android Challenge
BTW.. I'm not just angry about no games, but I am also angry about no
development/tool winner.

That is why I choose HandyCalc.
> > 01 Fivehttp://five.googlecode.combyJosh Guilfoyle
>
> > Competition is heating up!

tberthel

May 15, 2008, 1:33:36 AM5/15/08
to Android Challenge
Well that and I have talked to many math people that have killed
themselves due to not having a life or job in the math world.

Also watching ppl like Una/Uni Bomber do nutty things with such great
math skills. I don't want to see more of that.

Yassine

May 15, 2008, 1:13:01 AM5/15/08
to Android Challenge
Hum... Looks like a bit stupid if i'm voting for myself:
1-no one knows about what i've done...
2-my app (AndroidCM) is a simple contact manager (not finished yet,
since I'm a student with not lot of time except on holidays)...

But whatever, I want to vote for myself and for plusminus's prog if
it's possible...
His app looks great, and has lots of possibilities...

On May 15, 7:40 am, Steve Oldmeadow <st...@smoco.com> wrote:
> 02 AndNavhttp://andnav.anddev.orgby plusminus
> 02 Duo
> 02 MoseyCodehttp://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycodeby Tom Gibara
> 02 Slashwarshttp://www.slashwars.comby Dan T
> 01 Fivehttp://five.googlecode.comby Josh Guilfoyle
>
> Competition is heating up!

Steve Oldmeadow

May 15, 2008, 3:18:20 AM5/15/08
to Android Challenge
03 AndNav http://andnav.anddev.org by plusminus
02 Duo
02 MoseyCode http://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycode by Tom Gibara
02 Slashwars http://www.slashwars.com by Dan T
01 Five http://five.googlecode.com by Josh Guilfoyle
01 Handycalc

@Yassine - I put your vote towards AndNav since nobody else has seen
your app and is therefore not going to vote for it.
Message has been deleted

tberthel

May 15, 2008, 3:40:35 AM5/15/08
to Android Challenge
Fixed little typos. Sorry

I thought plusminus already had dev phones for free from someone.
DUO and Slashwars already have Uni and Corp money don't they.

If your trying to help developers I would stick with 1-2
developer projects. Otherwise your just giving money to the big
players yet again. Well I guess it doesn't matter that much I'm just
saying. Not that I could be wrong about the Uni or Corp statement.

On May 15, 2:38 am, tberthel <travisberthe...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I thought plusminus already had a dev phones for free from someone.
> DUO and Slashwars already have uni and corp money don't they.
>
> If your trying to help developers I wouldn't you stick with 1-2
> developer projects. Otherwise your just giving money to the big
> players yet again. Well I guess it doesn't matter that much I'm just
> saying. Not that I could be wrong about the Uni or Corp statement.
>
> On May 15, 2:18 am, Steve Oldmeadow <st...@smoco.com> wrote:
>
> > 03 AndNavhttp://andnav.anddev.orgbyplusminus
> > 02 Duo
> > 02 MoseyCodehttp://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycodebyTom Gibara
> > 02 Slashwarshttp://www.slashwars.combyDan T
> > 01 Fivehttp://five.googlecode.combyJosh Guilfoyle

Steve Oldmeadow

May 15, 2008, 3:44:17 AM5/15/08
to Android Challenge
> I thought plusminus already had dev phones for free from someone.
> DUO and Slashwars already have Uni and Corp money don't they.

I thought that about plusminus too but he said he had no luck getting
it to work.
I don't think Slashwars has funding - just a bunch of friends from
college.
Not sure about DUO funding.

tberthel

May 15, 2008, 3:49:30 AM5/15/08
to Android Challenge
Hey, plusminus send me your dev phone if you can't get it to work. I
will see if I can fix it. Then I send it back to you after I get my 4
games tested on it.

tomgibara

May 15, 2008, 5:51:22 AM5/15/08
to Android Challenge
I'd agree with that, but I vote for AndNav for a different reason:
developing a navigation app must be extremely difficult without GPS.

+1 AndNav

Tom.

On May 15, 4:10 am, GodsMoon <GodsM...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So many good apps to choose from.
> I'm going to go with AndNav b/c plusminus has done so much for the
> community he needs to be rewarded. :)
>
> +1 AndNav
>
> On May 14, 11:02 pm, Steve Oldmeadow <st...@smoco.com> wrote:
>
> > 02 Duo
> > 02 Slashwarshttp://www.slashwars.combyDan T
> > 01 Fivehttp://five.googlecode.combyJosh Guilfoyle
> > 01 AndNavhttp://andnav.anddev.orgbyplusminus
> > 01 MoseyCodehttp://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycodebyTom Gibara

Muthu Ramadoss

May 15, 2008, 5:56:17 AM5/15/08
--
take care,
Muthu Ramadoss.

http://mobeegal.in
find stuff closer.

siddhusingh

May 15, 2008, 8:12:41 AM5/15/08
to Android Challenge
My vote too for plusminus
-Sid

On May 15, 8:10 am, GodsMoon <GodsM...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So many good apps to choose from.
> I'm going to go with AndNav b/c plusminus has done so much for the
> community he needs to be rewarded. :)
>
> +1 AndNav
>
> On May 14, 11:02 pm, Steve Oldmeadow <st...@smoco.com> wrote:
>
> > 02 Duo
> > 02 Slashwarshttp://www.slashwars.combyDan T
> > 01 Fivehttp://five.googlecode.combyJosh Guilfoyle
> > 01 AndNavhttp://andnav.anddev.orgbyplusminus
> > 01 MoseyCodehttp://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycodebyTom Gibara

wataru

May 15, 2008, 8:28:01 AM5/15/08
to Android Challenge
I ... must ... resist ... voting ... myself ...
(10 min struggling)

+1 for AndNav for plusminus :)

I think what he has done
(establish a community for Android developer and keep it running)
itself is worth some award!

if you like an RPG game, then check this out!
http://dungeonwonders.com/

Rui Martins

May 15, 2008, 12:42:17 PM5/15/08
to Android Challenge
Now you guys are behaving like the judges :)

You are not voting for the app, but for something else !

We are just human...

tberthel

May 15, 2008, 2:06:34 PM5/15/08
to Android Challenge
And my human side says that game and developer tool developers got
screwed.

Steve Oldmeadow

May 15, 2008, 9:03:14 PM5/15/08
to Android Challenge
07 AndNav http://andnav.anddev.org by plusminus
02 Duo
02 MoseyCode http://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycode by Tom Gibara
02 Slashwars http://www.slashwars.com by Dan T
01 Five http://five.googlecode.com by Josh Guilfoyle
01 Handycalc

Only 10 votes remaining.

PowerGUI

May 15, 2008, 9:19:56 PM5/15/08
to Android Challenge
Hi Steve Oldmeadow,
Thanks for your great work!

Regards
PowerGUI

Hong Ji

May 15, 2008, 9:25:06 PM5/15/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
+1 for Handycalc

hanni

May 16, 2008, 2:18:48 AM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
Wow, this is a great initiative. I would also like to vote for myself
of course, but I'm already in the top 50. Instead I will vote for a
favourite of mine ever since I first saw it on YouTube, an application
I won't be able to live without:

+1 Enkin
> > PowerGUI- Dölj citerad text -
>
> - Visa citerad text -

Steve Oldmeadow

May 16, 2008, 2:27:52 AM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
07 AndNav http://andnav.anddev.org by plusminus
02 Duo
02 Handycalc
02 MoseyCode http://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycode by Tom Gibara
02 Slashwars http://www.slashwars.com by Dan T
01 Enkin
01 Five http://five.googlecode.com by Josh Guilfoyle

Only 8 votes to go! If anyone else wants to update the running total
please feel free. I will probably be asleep when the winner is
decided.

@hanni - congratulations on getting in the top 50. What is your app.
or do you want to keep it secret?

cadlg

May 16, 2008, 12:33:53 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
Hmm.
I like HandyCalc a lot, but I think it does not need such hardware to
be tested or improved...
So, my vote is for AndNav.

+1 AndNav

regards,

cadlg

On May 16, 12:27 am, Steve Oldmeadow <st...@smoco.com> wrote:
> 07 AndNavhttp://andnav.anddev.orgby plusminus
> 02 Duo
> 02 Handycalc
> 02 MoseyCodehttp://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycodeby Tom Gibara
> 02 Slashwarshttp://www.slashwars.comby Dan T
> 01 Enkin
> 01 Fivehttp://five.googlecode.comby Josh Guilfoyle

Stefan Handschuh

May 16, 2008, 1:32:15 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
duo

On 15 Mai, 07:24, tberthel <travisberthe...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Well honestly I can't even afford to pay the post..  So, sadly and not
> really out of kindness I vote for the best calculator.
>
> I can't really choose, but I would say HandyCalc.  I ask forgiveness
> from MobiMath, CalcDroid, gWhiz, or other great learning/math tool.
>
> On May 14, 10:40 pm, Steve Oldmeadow <st...@smoco.com> wrote:
>
> > 02 AndNavhttp://andnav.anddev.orgbyplusminus
> > 02 Duo
> > 02 MoseyCodehttp://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycodebyTom Gibara
> > 02 Slashwarshttp://www.slashwars.combyDan T
> > 01 Fivehttp://five.googlecode.combyJosh Guilfoyle
>
> > Competition is heating up!

Steve Oldmeadow

May 16, 2008, 9:25:46 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
08 AndNav http://andnav.anddev.org by plusminus
03 Duo
02 Handycalc
02 MoseyCode http://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycode by Tom Gibara
02 Slashwars http://www.slashwars.com by Dan T
01 Enkin
01 Five http://five.googlecode.com by Josh Guilfoyle

6 votes remaining but 1 more vote for AndNav and we have a winner.

javqui

May 16, 2008, 9:35:24 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
Looks like AndNav will use the hardware.

The winner vote for AndNav.

Thank you for promoting this idea.

+1 AndNav

javqui

To plusminus: I want see you on ADC2

On May 16, 9:25 pm, Steve Oldmeadow <st...@smoco.com> wrote:
> 08 AndNavhttp://andnav.anddev.orgby plusminus
> 03 Duo
> 02 Handycalc
> 02 MoseyCodehttp://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycodeby Tom Gibara
> 02 Slashwarshttp://www.slashwars.comby Dan T
> 01 Enkin
> 01 Fivehttp://five.googlecode.comby Josh Guilfoyle

Steve Oldmeadow

May 16, 2008, 9:49:48 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
09 AndNav http://andnav.anddev.org by plusminus
03 Duo
02 Handycalc
02 MoseyCode http://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycode by Tom Gibara
02 Slashwars http://www.slashwars.com by Dan T
01 Enkin
01 Five http://five.googlecode.com by Josh Guilfoyle

5 votes remaining so by my reckoning AndNav can not be beaten.

PowerGUI's rules were 25 votes and the prize will be sent out.

gjs

May 16, 2008, 10:10:20 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
+1 for MoseyCode http://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycode by Tom
Gibara

On May 17, 11:49 am, Steve Oldmeadow <st...@smoco.com> wrote:
> 09 AndNavhttp://andnav.anddev.orgby plusminus
> 03 Duo
> 02 Handycalc
> 02 MoseyCodehttp://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycodeby Tom Gibara
> 02 Slashwarshttp://www.slashwars.comby Dan T
> 01 Enkin
> 01 Fivehttp://five.googlecode.comby Josh Guilfoyle

hanni

May 16, 2008, 11:41:44 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
Well I haven't seen any flame towards our submission, so I guess it
couldn't hurt to say that it is the music application "Diggin" :)

On 17 Maj, 04:10, gjs <garyjamessi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 for MoseyCodehttp://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycodeby Tom
> Gibara
>
> On May 17, 11:49 am, Steve Oldmeadow <st...@smoco.com> wrote:
>

> > 09 AndNavhttp://andnav.anddev.orgbyplusminus
> > 03 Duo
> > 02 Handycalc
> > 02 MoseyCodehttp://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycodebyTom Gibara
> > 02 Slashwarshttp://www.slashwars.combyDan T
> > 01 Enkin
> > 01 Fivehttp://five.googlecode.combyJosh Guilfoyle
>
> > 5 votes remaining so by my reckoning AndNav can not be beaten.
>
> > PowerGUI's rules were 25 votes and the prize will be sent out.- Dölj citerad text -

Steve Oldmeadow

May 17, 2008, 5:59:21 AM5/17/08
to Android Challenge

On May 17, 11:41 am, hanni <hann...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well I haven't seen any flame towards our submission, so I guess it
> couldn't hurt to say that it is the music application "Diggin" :)

Thats looks like a nice app. Is your team from Germany?

hanni

May 17, 2008, 4:06:59 PM5/17/08
to Android Challenge
Thanks! No, we're all from Sweden.

PowerGUI

May 21, 2008, 10:41:12 PM5/21/08
to Android Challenge
up it. :D

plusminus

May 22, 2008, 12:44:07 PM5/22/08
to Android Challenge
> when this topic reaches 25, I will send this board out
> immediiately.

We are currently at > 50 :)

What is the current status?

PowerGUI

May 22, 2008, 6:44:33 PM5/22/08
to Android Challenge
the votes need 25 is ok.
I am waiting for the last 4 votes.
It seems few people say somethings or voting now,
maybe because of their busy new work.

now I set a votes timeout==2day,I wish somebody can
votes.when the votes reaches 25,or the timeout(now the beijing time
is: 6:42AM,May 23) is comming,
I will annouce the winner.haha:

yeah,every body know the winner for his great project and great work
now. :)
I am waiting for the votes or the last timeout is coming.

Thanks and Best Regards to EveryBody
PowerGUI

PowerGUI

May 22, 2008, 11:50:04 PM5/22/08
to Android Challenge
+1 for andnav

plusminus

May 23, 2008, 6:36:57 AM5/23/08
to Android Challenge
I setup a news on anddev.org :
http://www.anddev.org/android_dotphone_notwinner_fund-t2159.html

There should be some votes incoming soon :)

Regards, plusminus
http://anddev.org
# Worlds largest Android Development Community / Tutorials

kiran

May 23, 2008, 7:32:28 AM5/23/08
to Android Challenge
+1 for AndNav

Regards, Kiran

On May 23, 3:36 pm, plusminus <stoeps...@gmx.de> wrote:
> I setup a news on anddev.org :http://www.anddev.org/android_dotphone_notwinner_fund-t2159.html
>
> There should be some votes incoming soon :)
>
> Regards, plusminushttp://anddev.org

jaro

May 23, 2008, 8:41:15 AM5/23/08
to Android Challenge
hi there,
i'm joining AndNav fans

+1 for AndNav

definitely cause it needs mobile device to test/debug/finetune/
advance...
> > > Android DotPhone Grouphttp://www.dotphone.org/english/- Hide quoted text -

kurosh

May 23, 2008, 10:21:40 AM5/23/08
to Android Challenge
Might as well take the votes to a full 50.

+1 for AndNav

Not only because it's an excellent app. but because of the exhaustive
and priceless assistance that anddev.org gave to the Android
community.

plusminus

May 23, 2008, 4:03:33 PM5/23/08
to Android Challenge
11k lines of code changed and/or new in the last week :)

New: Voice-Directions (Thanks to Joy and Tom Gibara), Unit-Systems
(Metric units vs US unit), Generic KeyLayouts (QWERTZ, QWERTY,
ABCDEF), Weather-Forecast, ...
... and many other new features or improvements :)

I'm so *** excited to see all this live :D
Message has been deleted

PowerGUI

May 23, 2008, 6:48:11 PM5/23/08
to Android Challenge
Yeah,the votes alreay reaches 25 when I am from sleep. :D

with Dear Steve Oldmeadow's Good Summary and the new votes,the last
result is here:
13 AndNav http://andnav.anddev.org by plusminus
03 Duo
03 MoseyCode http://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycode by Tom Gibara
02 Handycalc
02 Slashwars http://www.slashwars.com by Dan T
01 Enkin
01 Five http://five.googlecode.com by Josh Guilfoyle

I am honored very much to announce:

ANDNAV by PLUSMINUS is our WINNER.

congratuations to plusminus,you not only release a great android
application,
and make a good progress after ADC I,such as voice and etc.and but
also you
have done many things to help many android developers via your great
http://WWW.ANDDEV.ORG.
we are more thankful than we can express,whether many Winners or
NotWinners.

also Thanks to the author from Duo,MoseyCode(Tom
Gibara),Handycalc,Slashwars(Dan T),Enkin,
Five,Five(Josh Guilfoyle).you also do a great work,in fact,many people
love them very much.
wish you have lucky in ADC II,and also have success in the coming
Android Market.

03 Duo
03 MoseyCode http://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycode by Tom Gibara
02 Handycalc
02 Slashwars http://www.slashwars.com by Dan T
01 Enkin
01 Five http://five.googlecode.com by Josh Guilfoyle

also thanks to everybody who votes or keep concerning on Android
DotPhone NotWinner Fund.wish
every body have lucky in the Coming ADC II.

special thanks to Steve Oldmeadow for his summary work and always keep
this activity running in
a good state.

the last thanks is to GOOGLE,without them,we have no chance to do such
things.maybe Android DotPhone
is just a small prize or gift,But we can warm each other.

To PLUSMINUS,please give me your detail contact information to
(telphone is very important for international POST ):
powergui123 at gmail dot com,
or dotphone at sina dot com dot cn
My Tel is : 8610-13439626749 (Beijing China)

I will send the Android DotPhone Development Evalulation Board out as
I promised.

Best Wishes and Thank PlusMinus agian for all that you have done
Best Wishes and Thanks Again to Everybody.

PowerGUI

javqui

May 23, 2008, 7:09:57 PM5/23/08
to Android Challenge
Excellent news!!
Congratulations plusminus and thank you to all contributors.

You are getting what you want with your open source.

I hope run your creation in my android phone soon.
+2 customers for future Android phone (my wife and me are in T-mobile
network, part of Android Alliance)
I will promote this phone and wonderful applications like yours in my
neighbor when it’s available.

Think about it, +800 developers have an average of 50 friends (typical
social network),
Probably Android will sell over 30.000-40.000 phones the first week
just word by mouth marketing from true developers reference. Everybody
wins.

Proposal for ADCII, 100 first places instead 50, and release a little
more funds from android company savings account (marketing budget
account) for other prizes like (best contribution/ forum collaborator,
best polish, best game, best business application, best Google Android
advocate, etc. from participants as judges
I know, a little complex to organize.

javqui

noha

May 26, 2008, 5:09:02 AM5/26/08
to Android Challenge
i vote for MobiMath because it is my app and i say that this version
of MobiMath is not the every thing which we can do

handyCalc has an advantage of interface ONLY interface and this the
idea we solve

On May 15, 8:24 am, tberthel <travisberthe...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Well honestly I can't even afford to pay the post.. So, sadly and not
> really out of kindness I vote for the best calculator.
>
> I can't really choose, but I would say HandyCalc. I ask forgiveness
> from MobiMath, CalcDroid, gWhiz, or other great learning/math tool.
>
> On May 14, 10:40 pm, Steve Oldmeadow <st...@smoco.com> wrote:
>
> > 02 AndNavhttp://andnav.anddev.orgbyplusminus
> > 02 Duo
> > 02 MoseyCodehttp://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycodebyTom Gibara
> > 02 Slashwarshttp://www.slashwars.combyDan T

Andrey

May 27, 2008, 4:06:16 PM5/27/08
to Android Challenge
+1 HandyCalc

tomgibara

May 27, 2008, 6:13:55 PM5/27/08
to Android Challenge
I just wanted to add a thank you to everyone who voted for Moseycode.
If there is a second competition, I'm voting for Moseycode myself next
time :-)

Tom.

On May 23, 11:48 pm, PowerGUI <powergui...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah,the votes alreay reaches 25 when I am from sleep. :D
>
> with Dear Steve Oldmeadow's Good Summary and the new votes,the last
> result is here:
> 13 AndNavhttp://andnav.anddev.orgby plusminus
> 03 Duo
> 03 MoseyCodehttp://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycodeby Tom Gibara
> 02 Handycalc
> 02 Slashwarshttp://www.slashwars.comby Dan T
> 01 Enkin
> 01 Fivehttp://five.googlecode.comby Josh Guilfoyle
>
> I am honored very much to announce:
>
> ANDNAV by PLUSMINUS is our WINNER.
>
> congratuations to plusminus,you not only release a great android
> application,
> and make a good progress after ADC I,such as voice and etc.and but
> also you
> have done many things to help many android developers via your greathttp://WWW.ANDDEV.ORG.
> we are more thankful than we can express,whether many Winners or
> NotWinners.
>
> also Thanks to the author from Duo,MoseyCode(Tom
> Gibara),Handycalc,Slashwars(Dan T),Enkin,
> Five,Five(Josh Guilfoyle).you also do a great work,in fact,many people
> love them very much.
> wish you have lucky in ADC II,and also have success in the coming
> Android Market.
>
> 03 Duo
> 03 MoseyCodehttp://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycodeby Tom Gibara
> 02 Handycalc
> 02 Slashwarshttp://www.slashwars.comby Dan T
> 01 Enkin
> 01 Fivehttp://five.googlecode.comby Josh Guilfoyle

plusminus

May 28, 2008, 1:55:01 AM5/28/08
to Android Challenge
You got my vote (especially if it turns out that the kit supports a
cam)

=)

On May 28, 12:13 am, tomgibara <m...@tomgibara.com> wrote:
> I just wanted to add a thank you to everyone who voted for Moseycode.
> If there is a second competition, I'm voting for Moseycode myself next
> time :-)
>
> Tom.
>
> On May 23, 11:48 pm, PowerGUI <powergui...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yeah,the votes alreay reaches 25 when I am from sleep. :D
>
> > with Dear Steve Oldmeadow's Good Summary and the new votes,the last
> > result is here:
> > 13 AndNavhttp://andnav.anddev.orgbyplusminus
> > 03 Duo
> > 03 MoseyCodehttp://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycodebyTom Gibara
> > 02 Handycalc
> > 02 Slashwarshttp://www.slashwars.combyDan T
> > 01 Enkin
> > 01 Fivehttp://five.googlecode.combyJosh Guilfoyle
>
> > I am honored very much to announce:
>
> > ANDNAV by PLUSMINUS is our WINNER.
>
> > congratuations to plusminus,you not only release a great android
> > application,
> > and make a good progress after ADC I,such as voice and etc.and but
> > also you
> > have done many things to help many android developers via your greathttp://WWW.ANDDEV.ORG.
> > we are more thankful than we can express,whether many Winners or
> > NotWinners.
>
> > also Thanks to the author from Duo,MoseyCode(Tom
> > Gibara),Handycalc,Slashwars(Dan T),Enkin,
> > Five,Five(Josh Guilfoyle).you also do a great work,in fact,many people
> > love them very much.
> > wish you have lucky in ADC II,and also have success in the coming
> > Android Market.
>
> > 03 Duo
> > 03 MoseyCodehttp://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycodebyTom Gibara
> > 02 Handycalc
> > 02 Slashwarshttp://www.slashwars.combyDan T
> > 01 Enkin
> > 01 Fivehttp://five.googlecode.combyJosh Guilfoyle

plusminus

May 28, 2008, 5:27:22 PM5/28/08
to Android Challenge
Hey guys,

There is an official update(0.6.0) on AndNav! out now:
http://www.trackdroid.com/info/nicolas-gramlich/andnav

Any feedback is welcome. YOU can influence the Project !!

Major changes:
- Voice-Directions (by Joy an Tom Gibara[MoseyCode]) (not ON by
default, as MediaPlayer is buggy. See "Settings"...)
- UnitSystems (Metric & US [i.e. Kilometers vs. Miles]) (See
"Settings"...)
- Home-Location (Route-Home with one click)
- WeatherForecast in WhereAmIMap (Long-Press to Map)
- Waypoints can be optimized (Travelling-Salesman-Problem. Calculation
can only be done using the linear distance) (select via Menu)

Full Changelog:
###########################
# 0.5.0 (adc) --> 0.6.0 #
###########################
# Added:
- Voice-Directions & Menu-Voices, spoken by 'Joy Gibrara' (British
female)
- Possibility to En/Disable in the Settings
- Added CitySearch to SearchDestination
- Possibility to change KeyLayouts (Generic implementation.
Currently: QWERTZ, QWERTY, ABCDEF)
- Possibility to change UnitSystems (Generic implementation.
Currently: METRIC, US)
- AndNav now starts the "Where Am I?"-Activity on system-wide
{android.content.Intent.VIEW_ACTION; and "geo"-scheme}-Intents.
- Navigate Home-Possibility
- Changeable in the Settings
- a.) with a Long-Press to the MapView
- b.) with the SearchDestination-Dialogs (SOON)
- Asked for Home-Location if not set (when clicking "Home-Sweet-
Home"-Button in the Main-Menu)
- Weather ForeCast can be accessed from the Menu and LongPress-
ContextMenu of WhereAmI
- Context-Menu on the Main-Nav-Map allows to Add and Clear Waypoints
when long-pressing the MapView
- WayPoints can now get optimized, what means distance between gets
minimized. (classic 'Traveling-Salesman' problem)

# Updated:
- 7 instead of 5 turn-arrows
- QuickInfo in Settings-Activity now changes also on Click (not just
on FocusChanges)
- ZipCode and CityName now also AutoComplete with previously entered
ones.
- DisplayQuality can now be changed "on the fly" (via Settings). -->
No more map-restart necessary
- Reduced Memory-Footprint in all Activities, by Code-Optimizations
and combination of Listeners
- WayPoints being crossed, now get removed. (on next Route-Refetch
they are no more included)

# Fixed:
- When Route was lost once it stuck searching the same GPS-position
again and again. Now it uses always the current GPS-position, as it
was originally meant to be.
- When remaining time is > 10 hours, it now shows only hours, no more
minutes.
- Clicks to the Buttons of the NumberPads now not just appends the
number, but also replaces previous selections.

On May 28, 7:55 am, plusminus <stoeps...@gmx.de> wrote:
> You got my vote (especially if it turns out that the kit supports a
> cam)
>
> =)
>
> Regards, plusminushttp://anddev.org
> # Worlds largest Android Development Community / Tutorials
>
> On May 28, 12:13 am, tomgibara <m...@tomgibara.com> wrote:
>
> > I just wanted to add a thank you to everyone who voted for Moseycode.
> > If there is a second competition, I'm voting for Moseycode myself next
> > time :-)
>
> > Tom.
>
> > On May 23, 11:48 pm, PowerGUI <powergui...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Yeah,the votes alreay reaches 25 when I am from sleep. :D
>
> > > with Dear Steve Oldmeadow's Good Summary and the new votes,the last
> > > result is here:
> > > 13AndNavhttp://andnav.anddev.orgbyplusminus
> > > 03 Duo
> > > 03 MoseyCodehttp://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycodebyTomGibara
> > > 02 Handycalc
> > > 02 Slashwarshttp://www.slashwars.combyDanT
> > > 01 Enkin
> > > 01 Fivehttp://five.googlecode.combyJoshGuilfoyle
>
> > > I am honored very much to announce:
>
> > > ANDNAVby PLUSMINUS is our WINNER.
>
> > > congratuations to plusminus,you not only release a great android
> > > application,
> > > and make a good progress after ADC I,such as voice and etc.and but
> > > also you
> > > have done many things to help many android developers via your greathttp://WWW.ANDDEV.ORG.
> > > we are more thankful than we can express,whether many Winners or
> > > NotWinners.
>
> > > also Thanks to the author from Duo,MoseyCode(Tom
> > > Gibara),Handycalc,Slashwars(Dan T),Enkin,
> > > Five,Five(Josh Guilfoyle).you also do a great work,in fact,many people
> > > love them very much.
> > > wish you have lucky in ADC II,and also have success in the coming
> > > Android Market.
>
> > > 03 Duo
> > > 03 MoseyCodehttp://www.tomgibara.com/android/moseycodebyTomGibara
> > > 02 Handycalc
> > > 02 Slashwarshttp://www.slashwars.combyDanT
> > > 01 Enkin
> > > 01 Fivehttp://five.googlecode.combyJoshGuilfoyle

wazabe

Jun 5, 2008, 9:49:26 AM6/5/08
to Android Challenge
Weird challenge :D
I'll give my vote to openIntents ...
Their project is really great (and I wonder how they will split the
device ... if they win ;)

http://www.stuffbee.com

plusminus

Jun 11, 2008, 2:07:33 PM6/11/08
to Android Challenge
The kit just arrived. With GPS, GPRS and 7" LCD.

Infos and first pics/videos very soon :)