LiveVision::An IP Camera viewer

ryank

Apr 14, 2008, 10:26:04 PM4/14/08
to Android Challenge
LiveVision is an IP Camera Viewer that also provides Pan/Tilt/Zoom
support (currently PTZ is only supported for Axis cameras). While I
had a much larger scope when I began, I had to cut a bunch of features
I wished to have included. Maybe those can be for round II ;-)

Here is a link to the README document submitted along with LiveVision.
http://www.remotevisioninc.com/test/livevision.pdf

Please take the time to watch the complete walkthrough, as I am very
interested in your opinions. I must stress this is a prototype so it
may look a little rough.
http://www.remotevisioninc.com/test/livevision.htm

Good luck to everyone! I have enjoyed watching everyone's creativity
and hard work roll in.
Ryan

Muthuselvam Ramadoss

Apr 15, 2008, 4:27:22 AM4/15/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Cool, this can be used to monitor for example a home camera to keep an eye on the happenings. Good luck on your submission.
--
take care,
Muthu Ramadoss.

http://mobeegal.in
find stuff closer.

ryank

Apr 15, 2008, 7:38:56 AM4/15/08
to Android Challenge
Exactly! thanks for your feedback.

wescorp

Apr 15, 2008, 8:00:02 AM4/15/08
to Android Challenge
Nice work!!!

On Apr 15, 6:38 am, ryank <ry...@remotevisioninc.com> wrote:
> Exactly! thanks for your feedback.

ryank

Apr 15, 2008, 8:46:31 AM4/15/08
to Android Challenge
The app is in it's early stages but I feel there are a wide range of
possibilities. Anything from your personal camera that only you would
like to see or public cameras used by companies for advertising
purposes. Ultimately, I would like to integrate online camera
locations with Google streets as well. I think it could be used as a
good transition from point-in-time snapshots to real-time.

One thing I didn't mention is that depending on the camera, electronic
triggers can be wired up. For example, a camera on your boat dock at
your vacation home may be wired to lights or a dock de-icer. From
miles away, if you see that the water around your dock is freezing you
can turn it on and off as necessary. As opposed to leaving it run for
months until you return.

ryank

Apr 16, 2008, 11:11:31 PM4/16/08
to Android Challenge
If anyone is interested in Alpha testing LiveVision, let me know and I
can distribute the apk. I know there are a couple bugs in it and
pretty sure there are a few more. =)

Muthuselvam Ramadoss

Apr 17, 2008, 12:35:02 AM4/17/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Do you have public IP cameras that can be used for testing. If so, send me the apk and I'll play around.

ryank

Apr 17, 2008, 8:19:45 AM4/17/08
to Android Challenge
Hi Muthu,
Actually, it pulls the list of public cameras from a service on the
Internet, but your private list of cameras is stored locally on the
phone. A lot of the cameras I used were from the camera manufacture's
demos. I will post the apk later tonight.

take care.

ryank

Apr 21, 2008, 8:37:03 AM4/21/08
to Android Challenge
Hi all,
I have made the apk available if anyone wants to try it out. You can
grab it from anddev here.
http://www.anddev.org/livevision_a_network_camera_client-t1736.html

ryank

Apr 21, 2008, 8:39:09 AM4/21/08
to Android Challenge
I have made the apk available for anyone who wants to try it out. You
can find it on anddev here - http://www.anddev.org/livevision_a_network_camera_client-t1736.html

Muthu Ramadoss

Apr 21, 2008, 8:53:18 AM4/21/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
This is a great idea. Who needs stats or analysis when we can hoop up to the live camera and see results first hand. The live camera can be put to various different uses in public / private places. Good job.

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 6:09 PM, ryank <ry...@remotevisioninc.com> wrote:

I have made the apk available for anyone who wants to try it out. You
can find it on anddev here - http://www.anddev.org/livevision_a_network_camera_client-t1736.html

ryank

Apr 26, 2008, 9:59:08 PM4/26/08
to Android Challenge
For those interested, I have made updates to LiveVision. Nothing too
major. Bug Fixes and smoother, quicker streaming from video cameras. I
hope to have full MJPEG support in my next release.

The updated apk is available on anddev for the time-being.
http://www.anddev.org/livevision_a_network_camera_client-t1736.html