Share your percentile ranking

GodsMoon

May 16, 2008, 1:13:26 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
You just got the email. Now share with the rest of us :)

GodsMoon

May 16, 2008, 1:14:01 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
Let's Play Golf
www.goldfishview.com

Effective use: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
applications
Polish: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
applications
Originality: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
applications

Overall: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted applications

Shane Isbell

RSTanvir

May 16, 2008, 1:22:09 PM5/16/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
****************

Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted applications
Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Stefan Handschuh

May 16, 2008, 1:22:23 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
aAOLT - list auctions to eBay without the ebay-website
(http://aaolt.googlecode.com)

Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications
Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Actually, I agree with "Indispensability".

q2dm1

May 16, 2008, 1:26:10 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
G-Feed

Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Josh Guilfoyle

May 16, 2008, 1:28:06 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
Mine was in the top 25% in all four categories. http://five.googlecode.com
if anyone wants to check it out.

On May 16, 10:22 am, RSTanvir <tanvircue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ****************
>
> Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
> Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
> Indispensability: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
> applications
> Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
>
> Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
>
> On 5/16/08, Shane Isbell <shane.isb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > SAM - SlideME Applications Manager
>
> > Effective use: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted applications
> > Polish: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted applications
> > Indispensability: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
> > applications
> > Originality: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted applications
>
> > Overall: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted applications
>
> > On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 10:14 AM, GodsMoon <GodsM...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Let's Play Golf
> >>www.goldfishview.com
>
> >> Effective use: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
> >> applications
> >> Polish: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted applications
> >> Indispensability: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
> >> applications
> >> Originality: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
> >> applications
>
> >> Overall: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted applications

q2dm1

May 16, 2008, 1:39:00 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
Good, at last something. Anything else would've been ridiculous.

Nixarn

May 16, 2008, 1:41:43 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
Fun to get the feedback!

I was among the top 25% in everything but the "Effective use".

Niklas

Cow Bay

May 16, 2008, 2:41:36 PM5/16/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
if both of your Indispensability and Originality fall in the 50th-75th
percentile, how come the winning golf app can be in top 25th?

sounds odd to me....

Peli

May 16, 2008, 1:56:47 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
I'll gladly share again:

---------------
OpenIntents

Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
----------------

(-: Thank you Google :-)

Peli
http://www.openintents.org/en/
http://code.google.com/p/openintents/

GodsMoon

May 16, 2008, 1:59:24 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
I would have thought mine would have been more Original given that it
is a first for Disc Golf. Maybe the judges didn't know what disc golf
was?
The winning golf app did have a different UI. Maybe that was the
Original part?
Oh well. Consumers will be the ones who really decide who the winner
and losers are. :)

On May 16, 2:41 pm, "Cow Bay" <nmlg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> if both of your Indispensability and Originality fall in the 50th-75th
> percentile, how come the winning golf app can be in top 25th?
>
> sounds odd to me....

Tasos.Kleisas

May 16, 2008, 2:03:23 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge

MonolithAndroid

Effective use: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications
Polish: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
applications
Originality: In the lower 25% of all submitted applications

Travis Choma

May 16, 2008, 2:04:11 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
SnipSnap : top 25% in all 4 categories.

Best,
-Travis
Message has been deleted

jazz

May 16, 2008, 2:14:36 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge, jzhan...@gmail.com
Here are my 4 submissions' ranks:

App1 (News aggregator):
Effective use: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
applications
Polish: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications
Originality: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications

Overall: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted applications

App 2 (social groups):
Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

App 3 (market and advertising):
Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

App 4 (pda)
Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Orignality: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications
Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

I'm finally come to peace with the Challenge. For me, one thing has
not changed is that Android platform is undoubtfully groundbreaking
with great potentials, not only in the mobile computing but also for
desktop computing and connected appliances (Chumby and Bug Lags). The
"Network Computers" era might finally come.

I hope I come back when Android has a real market. Until then farewell
my friends.

-J

Kyara

May 16, 2008, 3:21:35 PM5/16/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Stefan,

Congratulations that you got very good results.

Your aAOLT seems a server-based classified ad tool that depends on existing
eBay website.

My application is a peer-to-peer classified ad tool that is serverless and
not dependent on any 3rd party website.

My Originality is in the 25th to 50th percentile!

I wonder why a whole new and lightweighted approach to the same
functionality can lead to a lower appraisal on "Originality".

As for the same "Indispensability", I believe that a huge internet
population uses classified websites daily. That is why a $200M-revenue
Craigslist is apparised to be worth $70B.

I am not complaining but totally dazed.

I wonder that all the judges on my application were from eBay...

Best Regards,
Kyara

jman

May 16, 2008, 2:23:33 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
FacePass - a tiny app to safeguard the device

Here is the link:
http://www.anddev.org/facepass_a_tiny_app_to_safeguard_the_device-t1750.html

Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Colin Cochran

Cow Bay

May 16, 2008, 3:26:21 PM5/16/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
the "Overall" you got from the judges looks ridiculous to me.

May 16, 2008, 2:34:02 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
Fluid Nexus
http://fluidnexus.net

Effective use: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications
Polish: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Well, if they would've provided a working bluetooth API in the SDK
then maybe I would have a higher ranking for effective use :-)

nick

r a f t

May 16, 2008, 2:36:20 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
BabelFish: translated text and voice IM
http://groups.google.com/group/android-challenge/browse_thread/thread/af7260fddd7f80a7/8cfad8b0edf11d47#8cfad8b0edf11d47

50th to 75th percentile in all 4 categories and overall score
hard to believe :/

r a f t

On May 16, 9:34 pm, nick <nkn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Fluid Nexushttp://fluidnexus.net

Ninad

May 16, 2008, 2:36:56 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
Effective use: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
applications
Polish: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications
Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Overall: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted applications

I guess should hav had worked on better UI! :(

kurosh

May 16, 2008, 2:38:26 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
A handwring recognition system with 100% recognition accuracy.
A data entry method for the visually impaired/blind, that alternately
allows data entry for sighted users when
a) The user is moving and the keys aren't visible, due to excessive
jerkiness or bad lighting conditions, when normal data entry methods
would not be suitable.
b) When a more intuitive method other than existing keyboard methods
is suitable

Effective use: In the lower 25% of all submitted applications
Polish: In the lower 25% of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the lower 25% of all submitted applications
Originality: In the lower 25% of all submitted applications

Overall: In the lower 25% of all submitted applications

kurosh

gmb

May 16, 2008, 2:43:40 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
DroidCaddie

Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

so, now what? I need more detail on this.

ajd

May 16, 2008, 2:53:51 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
That meant you were very close to winning because you were in the same
quartile group as the winners. Members of a quartile group are
statistically tied and it is very probable that you have a score
similar to some of the winners.

whitemice

May 16, 2008, 3:17:15 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
Snowball Date Single - Location based social networking proof of
concept
http://blog.zedray.com/snowball/android-developer-challenge/snowball-date/

Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Knowing my luck, Snowball probably ranked 51st out of 1,788 entries
(it wouldn’t be the first time that happened to me). However, I
submitted 3 applications so I will have to find out if the other ones
were disqualified somehow.

cadlg

May 16, 2008, 3:42:49 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
Mine was:

Effective use: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
applications
Polish: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications
Originality: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
applications

Overall: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted applications.

The project was a calculator, similar but simpler than HandyCalc.

Regards,

cadlg
Message has been deleted

Dan T.

May 16, 2008, 3:45:50 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
Slash Wars

Effective use: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications
Polish: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
applications
Originality: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications

Overall: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted applications

Well we are quite all in the 25 %

Kev Gman

May 16, 2008, 3:55:51 PM5/16/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Not saying what my app is ;)

However,

Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Polish: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Originality: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted applications

Overall: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted applications

My readme was absolute crap compared to the app, and as stated everywhere, nobody really reviewed the application.  Only two people logged in, and neither finished the user setup.  The application itself is relatively polished.

So, anyway.  I agree with the polish score, considering the readme.  The originality I think is due to the lack of understanding of what the app actually does (and why its original), but whatever.  I'll take it.  Moving forward, although on a different platform for now.  Time permitting, I'll "polish" and resubmit for the next contest.

Scores are encouraging, though.  Glad they sent them out.
Message has been deleted

blues

May 16, 2008, 4:07:25 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
My score looks good. But now what? Other than a little bit more
confident for the thing I have done, the reality is: I have threw away
my code, and I am playing online game every night now.

Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Steven A.

May 16, 2008, 4:11:25 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
Title: EDU Blaster Game

Effective use, Polish, Indispensability, Originality, and Overall:
All
in the lower 25% of all submitted applications

Seems my application was quite hated among the judges. :p Oh well.
Doesn't change anything for myself and my plans.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------­­---
"EDU Blaster"
http://www.phdgaming.com/Games/EDUBlaster.cfm
---------------------------------------------------------------------------­­---

ryank

May 16, 2008, 4:14:43 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
LiveVision
http://www.anddev.org/livevision_a_network_camera_client-t1736.html

Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

epalaci...@gmail.com

May 16, 2008, 4:23:29 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
Bubbles - Share information in real time displayed in a map
All categories in the top 25% of all submitted applications

AdChips - Seamless mobile advertisement engine
Effective use: In the top 25%
Polish: In the top 25%
Indispensability: In the 25th to 50th percentile
Originality: In the top 25%
Overall: In the top 25%

Density - Geolocation information aggregator
Effective use: In the 25th to 50th
Polish: In the 25th to 50th
Indispensability: In the 25th to 50th
Originality: In the 25th to 50th
Overall: In the 25th to 50th

Although we would like more granularity for the feedback, we think
this its enough to guess where to change the focus and where to keep
drilling :)

On May 16, 10:14 pm, ryank <ry...@remotevisioninc.com> wrote:
> LiveVisionhttp://www.anddev.org/livevision_a_network_camera_client-t1736.html

Esteem

May 16, 2008, 7:22:58 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
Submitted a simple opengl game
Overall: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted applications

On May 16, 1:23 pm, "epalaciosfer...@gmail.com"

tomgibara

May 16, 2008, 7:42:04 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
I was going to pass comment, but words failed me.

Moseycode
http://www.moseycode.com

Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Polish: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications
Originality: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications

gjs

May 16, 2008, 9:12:37 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
g2code 4 Android (another 2D barcode application)

http://www.g2code.com

Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

(Commiserations to Tom for MoseyCode, I think this is a great piece of
work)

On May 17, 9:42 am, tomgibara <tomgib...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I was going to pass comment, but words failed me.
>
> Moseycodehttp://www.moseycode.com

A&&Whole

mrHTN

May 16, 2008, 5:20:27 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge

AutoHTN
http://www.hometheaternetwork.com/autoHTN.php

Top 25% for all categories.

Yassine

eugenejen

May 16, 2008, 3:17:39 PM5/16/08
to Android Challenge
myEuzenius, A real time machine translation and speech synthesis
utility.

Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Not bad for my 40 hours work. But I did not enter phase II for round
I.

wescorp

dooskoobi

neilrhansen

May 17, 2008, 8:46:17 AM5/17/08
to Android Challenge
It was nice to receive feedback...and it was a pleasure to contribute
to the ADC! Thanks, Google!

Android DMS - Mobile diabetes management system

Effective use: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications
Polish: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Overall: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted applications

Hielko

baldmountain

May 17, 2008, 9:01:04 AM5/17/08
to Android Challenge
k,

Overall: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted applications

Which was disappointing since I didn't feel like it was that bad.

One of the things to think about is that I think most people would
have trouble naming 50 applications for any platform. (I would.)
Especially if they limit the number of games to no more than 10 of the
choices. (Command line apps like 'ls' don't count.) What the ADC has
inadvertantly done is to define what Android is going to be by
sanctioning the top 50 winners. Being in the bottom half of
submissions is a pretty strong message that I'm not welcome on the
platform as it is being defined by Google and the Open Handset judges.

plusminus

May 17, 2008, 9:59:57 AM5/17/08
to Android Challenge
AndNav!

Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

http://andnav.anddev.org/

Regards, plusminus
http://anddev.org
# Worlds largest Android Development Community / Tutorials

Hong

May 17, 2008, 11:17:08 AM5/17/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I somehow missed Moseycode!  It's very original and impressive!
It has huge potential... yet the judges failed to see that!
It's simply awesome!

Dan U.

May 17, 2008, 12:56:54 PM5/17/08
to Android Challenge
Athena

Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

DateLocate

Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications
Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Findroid

Effective use: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications
Polish: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications
Originality: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications
Overall: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted applications

Hey Taxi!

Effective use: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications
Polish: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
applications
Originality: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
applications
Overall: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted applications

Traveloid

Effective use: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications
Polish: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
applications
Originality: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications
Overall: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted applications

I really would have expected the scores to be swapped between Hey
Taxi! and Findroid. I thought Hey Taxi! was better.

Kornelius Tuggerson

May 17, 2008, 1:34:34 PM5/17/08
to Android Challenge
http://code.google.com/p/android-geocast/
www.android-geocast.com
Effective use: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications
Polish: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
applications
Originality: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications

Overall: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted applications

As the project website explains the app was not really ready at the
time of submission. After 2 more weeks of work it became significantly
more polished and user friendly. Why is it that I can get my boss to
give me as much time as I need to write great apps, but I can't get
myself to do the same?

On May 16, 2:43 pm, gmb <gmboi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> DroidCaddie
>
> Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
> Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
> Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
> Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
>
> Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
>
> so
, no

sergz

May 17, 2008, 10:33:50 AM5/17/08
to Android Challenge
Trackdroid - Android Application Manager

Effective use: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications
Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Originality: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
applications

Overall: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted applications

And by the way, I would like to invite all of you to http://www.trackdroid.com/

sergz

May 17, 2008, 11:34:46 AM5/17/08
to Android Challenge
TrackDroid - Android Application Manager

Effective use: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications
Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Originality: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
applications

Overall: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted applications

I would like to invite everyone to publish your applications at
http://www.trackdroid.com/

sergz

dooskoobi

May 17, 2008, 3:17:55 PM5/17/08
to Android Challenge

On 17 mei, 01:42, tomgibara <tomgib...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I was going to pass comment, but words failed me.
>
> Moseycodehttp://www.moseycode.com

use moseycode, friend, in place of words:)

Aleksandras G.

May 17, 2008, 4:03:14 PM5/17/08
to Android Challenge
for R2GR (based on Dr.i.n.e.) got:

Effective use: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications
Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Aleksandras G.
----
http://code.google.com/p/drine/ - Dr.i.n.e. project:
let's start compiling our Android apps for the web and desktop

vetch

May 17, 2008, 5:05:05 PM5/17/08
to Android Challenge
AnCal - Android Calendar

http://vetch.magot.pl/ancal/

Effective use: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
applications
Polish: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
applications
Originality: In the lower 25% of all submitted applications

Overall: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted applications

They are making us idiots. We still know nothing, many numbers of our
apps are not related to facts.
But they prevented us from making official ranking.. that was the
point of "quartiles illusion".

And I bet, that these numbers are randomly generated. :D

greets,
peter

Christoph

May 18, 2008, 9:42:38 AM5/18/08
to Android Challenge
NavXS-Location-Based-Social-Network
www.navxs.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t_4kbZ15SY

On May 16, 7:14 pm, GodsMoon <GodsM...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Let's Play Golfwww.goldfishview.com
>
> Effective use: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
> applications
> Polish: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted applications
> Indispensability: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
> applications
> Originality: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
> applications
>
> Overall: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted applications

Mihai Fonoage

May 18, 2008, 1:34:40 PM5/18/08
to Android Challenge
AndroMed
http://mihaifonoage.blogspot.com/2008/05/andromed-and-googles-android-developer.html

Effective use: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
applications
Polish: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications
Originality: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications

Overall: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted applications

Mihai Fonoage

denisdsr20

May 18, 2008, 7:28:20 PM5/18/08
to Android Challenge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTf9Fmgzzfc

our ranking was :

"Accessibility Helper

On 16 mai, 20:43, gmb <gmboi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> DroidCaddie
>
> Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
> Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
> Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
> Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
>
> Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
>
> so, now what? I need more detail on this.

gtandon

May 18, 2008, 7:53:41 PM5/18/08
to Android Challenge
SmallWorld

Application is meant to connect kids from developed nations with
under priviledged kids all over the world.

A kid-to-kid type of an application, where children would accrue
reward points to find sponsors, make friends and keep connected with
their under priviledged friends. The concept is that instead of just
supporting them with money, kids from developed countries could also
stay in touch (phone to PC). And what better way to have them than
use
their phone to do this, where they are always connected and can
recieve reminders (thanks to Android notifications).

The application has a widget engine which allows kids to build mobile
notes (with text, pictures or voice) and send it to a PC or phone
(XMPP to another phone user). The application currently allows 6
different templates(including language templates) to choose from,
customize their content before sending to their counter parts. When
Android starts supporting dynamic loading of layouts, this would be a
way for content providers to offer mobile content thru infinite
templates,
for users to pick up and customize their content.

The application falls under humanitarian (while these kids are
helping other kids, they are also growing up with a much better
understanding of the world than just Nick and Disney and facebook) as
well as something that will facilitate economic development
(kids can generate sponsorship amounts toward's their friend's
education, and education is the core of any economic development).
And
while doing all this the kids could be collecting reward points...

Effective use: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
applications
Polish: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the lower 25% of all submitted applications
Originality: In the lower 25% of all submitted applications

Overall: In the lower 25% of all submitted applications
> > so, now what? I need more detail on this.- Hide quoted text -

Jenser

Dollar...@gmail.com

May 19, 2008, 7:07:09 AM5/19/08
to Android Challenge
mediaPlayer:

Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Btw: it was a port of our popular Blackberry app (over 10,000 paid
users and 87,000 downloads of the free version so far) for Google
Android with added features to harness the platform hardware.

Regards,
Dollars 5 Complete
http://www.dollars5.com/plete/

On May 17, 10:34 pm, Kornelius Tuggerson <victor.seme...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> http://code.google.com/p/android-geocast/www.android-geocast.com

Keffyoid

May 19, 2008, 11:48:17 AM5/19/08
to Android Challenge
SplashPlay - ADC Winner

comments welcome here:
http://splashplay.co.uk/android_challenge/splashplays-android-percentile-ranking/

On May 19, 12:07 pm, Dollars5ad...@gmail.com wrote:
> mediaPlayer:
>
> Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
> Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
> Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
> Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
>
> Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
>
> Btw: it was a port of our popular Blackberry app (over 10,000 paid
> users and 87,000 downloads of the free version so far) for Google
> Android with added features to harness the platform hardware.
>
> Regards,
> Dollars 5 Completehttp://www.dollars5.com/plete/

arnouf

May 20, 2008, 4:44:07 AM5/20/08
to Android Challenge
AShopper http://www.e-shoppinglist.com

Effective use: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
applications
Polish: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications
Originality: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
applications

I don't share the app yet...but soon.

Arnaud

On May 19, 5:48 pm, Keffyoid <killu...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> SplashPlay - ADC Winner
>
> comments welcome here:http://splashplay.co.uk/android_challenge/splashplays-android-percent...

arnouf

May 20, 2008, 10:46:09 AM5/20/08
to Android Challenge
Other website for AShopper - with screenshots (Copie d'ecran).
The web site is in french :)
http://ashopper.wordpress.com

On May 20, 10:44 am, arnouf <arnaud.far...@gmail.com> wrote:
> AShopperhttp://www.e-shoppinglist.com

javqui

May 23, 2008, 6:17:06 PM5/23/08
to Android Challenge
Sorry, I'm late and I don't know why. Here is my email:

MefromSpace

Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Polish: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Originality: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

Polish results as expected. I will share more information in ADCII
Thank you all for support

javqui

Marc

May 24, 2008, 12:49:05 AM5/24/08
to Android Challenge
Hi,

Here's mine...

Xango - Android Weather Station

Effective use: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Polish: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the top 25% of all submitted applications
Originality: In the 25th to 50th percentile of all submitted
applications

Overall: In the top 25% of all submitted applications

regards,
Marc

Oded

May 29, 2008, 4:40:20 PM5/29/08
to Android Challenge
Our project - BOINCoid - A BOINC port to the Android platform.

Effective use: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
applications
Polish: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted applications
Indispensability: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted
applications
Originality: In the 75th to 100th percentile of all submitted
applications

Overall: In the 50th to 75th percentile of all submitted applications

Cheers,
Oded.

Imran

May 31, 2008, 10:39:38 AM5/31/08