c2dm signup - Got no email

Demo LG Nexera

Feb 10, 2012, 1:55:10 AM2/10/12
to androi...@googlegroups.com
I have signed up for the c2dm service(http://code.google.com/intl/de-DE/android/c2dm/signup.html) yesterday but I got no email confirming my registration / unlock yet. Can you please tell me what i am doing wrong?

MingHon

Feb 10, 2012, 2:56:11 AM2/10/12
to androi...@googlegroups.com
same here...
but the c2dm service activated within few minutes after sign up... :)

--
Regards,

MingHon

Demo LG Nexera

Feb 10, 2012, 4:03:58 AM2/10/12
to androi...@googlegroups.com
I allways get an 401 Error when i try to push send a Message to the c2dm server:
  • In the http header I include the auth key:
    • Headers.Add("Authorization", "GoogleLogin auth=" + authId);
The result is always a 401 Error.

Please help me.

Marius Schatke

Feb 10, 2012, 4:24:23 AM2/10/12
to android-c2dm
Same here, no email. Tried it for our first app two days ago and got
the email straight away. Yesterday: Sign up for different app with
different account - no email.
I'm doing the exact same procedure. And the response from /c2dm/send
doesn't contain any information, no headers and only the standart 401
message in the body.

On 10 Feb., 10:03, Demo LG Nexera <lgnex...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I allways get an 401 Error when i try to push send a Message to the c2dm
> server:
>
>    - At first i try to get the auth token. --> Working
>    - Then I sent a post request containing the folowing parameters to
>    https://android.apis.google.com/c2dm/send
>       - registration_id
>       - data.payload
>       - collapse_key
>
>    - In the http header I include the auth key:
>       - Headers.Add("Authorization", "GoogleLogin auth=" + authId);

VV

Feb 10, 2012, 8:28:12 AM2/10/12
to android-c2dm
Same here

On Feb 10, 10:24 am, Marius Schatke <marius.scha...@bettertaxi.de>

felipe canaviri

Feb 10, 2012, 10:28:17 AM2/10/12
to androi...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem.

Could some tell us if there is a problem in the sing-up service?

Thanks so much.

Luis Pollo

Feb 10, 2012, 9:41:20 PM2/10/12
to android-c2dm
Same here. Signed up two days ago and have not received any
confirmation from Google. :(

It would be nice to have a way to check the status of the sign up
request online...

Luis

Luis Pollo

Feb 11, 2012, 8:02:19 AM2/11/12
to android-c2dm
BTW, is there anyone from Google on this forum who could provide us
with additional information?

Thanks,

Luis

santiago velez saffon

Feb 11, 2012, 8:07:48 AM2/11/12
to androi...@googlegroups.com

Hey guys
Have you tried your app without the confirmation email??

Demo LG Nexera

Feb 11, 2012, 8:59:22 AM2/11/12
to androi...@googlegroups.com
I have tried it without the email --> 401 error

Sparky

Feb 11, 2012, 11:29:16 PM2/11/12
to androi...@googlegroups.com
Your registration does not appear to have succeeded.  I am curious to know: have you tried a non-international version of the URL?  I.e., http://code.google.com/android/c2dm/signup.html .  Also, everybody else who did not receive a confirmation email: did you use an international version of the sign-up page too?

Thomas Rasser

Feb 12, 2012, 7:14:13 AM2/12/12
to androi...@googlegroups.com
I always get redirected to a international version i.E.  http://code.google.com/intl/de-DE/android/c2dm/signup.html

wabz

Feb 12, 2012, 8:37:10 AM2/12/12
to androi...@googlegroups.com
On Sunday, 12 February 2012 15:29:16 UTC+11, Sparky wrote:
Your registration does not appear to have succeeded.  I am curious to know: have you tried a non-international version of the URL?  I.e., http://code.google.com/android/c2dm/signup.html .  Also, everybody else who did not receive a confirmation email: did you use an international version of the sign-up page too?

I have not received an email, and I am not using an international version of the sign-up page. I just use http://code.google.com/android/c2dm/signup.html and get to the thank you page, but no email.

fuzzy31u

Feb 12, 2012, 8:58:07 AM2/12/12
to android-c2dm
Same here.
I signed up 4 days ago but I haven't got yet.

Demo LG Nexera

Feb 13, 2012, 2:22:14 AM2/13/12
to androi...@googlegroups.com
I have tried http://code.google.com/android/c2dm aboat an hour ago --> No EMail.

Please help us there seems to be generel problem with signup for c2dm.

Jonathan Liono

Feb 13, 2012, 2:37:48 AM2/13/12
to androi...@googlegroups.com
Same, it replies with error code 401 unauthorized.
I also have not yet received any email.

I have done couple deployments to other customers with the same solution but never had this problem.

Obviously C2DM sign up was unsuccessful. Can anybody here (google staff) help to investigate this issue?
My stress is pilling up due to this one customer pushing me for a deployment.

Béla Faké

Feb 13, 2012, 4:08:31 AM2/13/12
to android-c2dm
Same here. we're been waiting for the email for 4 days now. trying
push gives error code 401.

On febr. 13, 08:37, Jonathan Liono <jonathan.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Same, it replies with error code 401 unauthorized.
> I also have not yet received any email.
>
> I have done couple deployments to other customers with the same solution
> but never had this problem.
>
> Obviously C2DM sign up was unsuccessful. Can anybody here (google staff)
> help to investigate this issue?
> My stress is pilling up due to this one customer pushing me for a
> deployment.
>
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 6:22 PM, Demo LG Nexera <lgnex...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I have triedhttp://code.google.com/**android/c2dm<http://code.google.com/android/c2dm/signup.html>aboat an hour ago --> No EMail.

Victor VIEUX

Feb 13, 2012, 4:17:08 AM2/13/12
to androi...@googlegroups.com

Are you able to get the registrationId in the device? I am.

Demo LG Nexera

Feb 13, 2012, 4:19:33 AM2/13/12
to androi...@googlegroups.com
Yes I am able to get the registrationid in the device.
I also  get the Auth Token on the serverside.

The problem:
No signup email and 401 error when i try to post a message to the c2dm server.

Béla Faké

Feb 13, 2012, 4:24:46 AM2/13/12
to android-c2dm
Everything looks OK on the phone, but we can't send push messages (401
error).

On febr. 13, 10:17, Victor VIEUX <victorvi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you able to get the registrationId in the device? I am.

Luis Pollo

Feb 13, 2012, 8:44:20 AM2/13/12
to android-c2dm
Same thing for me. Registration on the device works, authentication on
the server-side also works, but sending messages fails with a 401
error.

I've used the non-international sign up URL (http://code.google.com/
android/c2dm/signup.html). Twice. I get the "thank you" page after
submitting, but no confirmation e-mail.

Luis

Ben Estens

Feb 13, 2012, 11:49:08 AM2/13/12
to android-c2dm
I'm also having this issue. I complete the C2DM Registration page and
then wait for an email that never arrives.
When I then try and use the account for C2DM Messages, I receive a 401
Unauthorized.

I've tried looking for more information from Google on this and have
gotten nothing.
Can someone from Google respond and give us a status on what is going
on?

Luis Pollo

Feb 13, 2012, 6:26:52 PM2/13/12
to android-c2dm
OK, just got my confirmation e-mail and was able to send my first C2DM
message. :-)

Luis

Richard Nelson

Feb 13, 2012, 6:36:59 PM2/13/12
to androi...@googlegroups.com
Yes, me too. For all the many signups I tried ;) Looks like the issue is fixed.

cheers,
-- Richard

Victor VIEUX

Feb 13, 2012, 6:47:21 PM2/13/12
to androi...@googlegroups.com

Did you re-sign up or the email arrives on its own?

Richard Nelson

Feb 13, 2012, 6:48:44 PM2/13/12
to androi...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Victor VIEUX <victo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you re-sign up or the email arrives on its own?

They all came in on their own over 30 mins or so.

Demo LG Nexera

Feb 14, 2012, 1:42:48 AM2/14/12
to androi...@googlegroups.com
I also got my confirmation mails =)

Thank you, Google C2dm Team

Sparky

Feb 14, 2012, 3:55:17 AM2/14/12
to androi...@googlegroups.com
A script stopped working, but should be good now. Sorry for the inconvenience.  I'll pass on the good news.

Sparky

Feb 14, 2012, 3:57:54 AM2/14/12
to androi...@googlegroups.com
Thank you  for bringing it to our attention. I have passed on the news to the C2DM engineers.

Victor VIEUX

Feb 14, 2012, 3:59:10 AM2/14/12
to androi...@googlegroups.com

So should i sign up again?