InvalidRegistration

Ankit Shah

Jan 20, 2011, 5:48:57 AM1/20/11
to android-c2dm
Always getting "InvalidRegistration"

I have implemented server side code using C#.Net,
Step-1: It authenticates google service and receives Auth Code
(works fine)
Step-2: Invoking C2DM send url using below code (in return response
- it always returns InvalidRegistration)

// =================================================
// Code: Send Messsage
// =================================================
public void SendMessage(string registrationId, string data, string
sAuth)
{
string collapseKey = Guid.NewGuid().ToString("n");

string url = "https://android.apis.google.com/c2dm/send";
HttpWebRequest request =
(HttpWebRequest)HttpWebRequest.Create(url);
request.Method = "POST";
request.Headers.Add("Authorization", "GoogleLogin auth=" &
sAuth);

string px = "registration_id=" + registrationId +
"&collapse_key=" + collapseKey + "&data.payload=" + data;
string encoded = HttpUtility.UrlEncode(px);

ASCIIEncoding encoding = new ASCIIEncoding();
byte[] buffer = encoding.GetBytes(encoded);

Stream newStream = request.GetRequestStream();
newStream.Write(buffer, 0, buffer.Length);
newStream.Close();

// Reading return Response
HttpWebResponse response =
(HttpWebResponse)request.GetResponse();
if(response.StatusCode == HttpStatusCode.OK)
{
Stream resStream = response.GetResponseStream();
StreamReader sr = new StreamReader(resStream);
Console.Write(sr.ReadToEnd());
sr.Close();
resStream.Close();
}
Console.WriteLine();
Console.ReadLine();
}

Any help or pointer on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Ankit

Quang Nguyen

Jan 20, 2011, 5:57:04 AM1/20/11
to android-c2dm
/**
* Post C2DM registration id to the server for register push service
* @param IMEI
* @param registrationId
* @return response string OK or null
*/
public static String postRegistrationId(String IMEI, String
registrationId) {

String url = "http://yoursite.com/webservice.php/messaging/
your_post_method";

String response = null;

ArrayList<NameValuePair> parameters = new
ArrayList<NameValuePair>();
parameters.add(new BasicNameValuePair("IMEI", IMEI));
parameters.add(new BasicNameValuePair("registrationID",
registrationId));
// add more params here

try {
response = HTTPClient.doPost(url, parameters);
} catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
return response;
}

This is my HTTPClient

import java.io.BufferedReader;
import java.io.IOException;
import java.io.InputStreamReader;
import java.net.URI;
import java.util.ArrayList;

import org.apache.http.HttpResponse;
import org.apache.http.NameValuePair;
import org.apache.http.client.HttpClient;
import org.apache.http.client.entity.UrlEncodedFormEntity;
import org.apache.http.client.methods.HttpGet;
import org.apache.http.client.methods.HttpPost;
import org.apache.http.conn.params.ConnManagerParams;
import org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultHttpClient;
import org.apache.http.params.HttpConnectionParams;
import org.apache.http.params.HttpParams;

public class HTTPClient {

/** The time it takes for our client to timeout */
public static final int HTTP_TIMEOUT = 30 * 1000; // milliseconds

/** Single instance of our HttpClient */
private static HttpClient httpClient;

/**
* Get our single instance of our HttpClient object.
*
* @return an HttpClient object with connection parameters set
*/
private static HttpClient getHttpClient() {
if (httpClient == null) {
httpClient = new DefaultHttpClient();
final HttpParams params = httpClient.getParams();
HttpConnectionParams.setConnectionTimeout(params, HTTP_TIMEOUT);
HttpConnectionParams.setSoTimeout(params, HTTP_TIMEOUT);
ConnManagerParams.setTimeout(params, HTTP_TIMEOUT);
}
return httpClient;
}

/**
* Performs an HTTP Post request to the specified url with the
specified
* parameters.
*
* @param url
* The web address to post the request to
* @param postParameters
* The parameters to send via the request
* @return The result of the request
* @throws Exception
*/
public static String doPost(String url, ArrayList<NameValuePair>
postParameters) throws Exception {
BufferedReader in = null;
try {
HttpClient client = getHttpClient();
HttpPost request = new HttpPost(url);
UrlEncodedFormEntity formEntity = new
UrlEncodedFormEntity(postParameters);
request.setEntity(formEntity);
HttpResponse response = client.execute(request);

in = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(response.getEntity().getContent()));

StringBuffer sb = new StringBuffer("");
String separator = System.getProperty("line.separator");
String line = "";
while ((line = in.readLine()) != null) {
sb.append(line + separator);
}
in.close();
return sb.toString();
} finally {
if (in != null) {
try {
in.close();
} catch (IOException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
}
}
}

/**
* Performs an HTTP GET request to the specified address
*
* @param url
* The web address to post the request to
* @return The result of the request
* @throws Exception
*/
public static String doGet(String url) throws Exception {
BufferedReader in = null;
try {
HttpClient client = getHttpClient();
HttpGet request = new HttpGet();
request.setURI(new URI(url));
HttpResponse response = client.execute(request);

in = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(response.getEntity().getContent()));

StringBuffer sb = new StringBuffer("");
String separator = System.getProperty("line.separator");
String line = "";
while ((line = in.readLine()) != null) {
sb.append(line + separator);
}
in.close();
return sb.toString();
} finally {
if (in != null) {
try {
in.close();
} catch (IOException e) {
e.printStackTrace();

Ankit Shah

Jan 24, 2011, 1:51:49 AM1/24/11
to android-c2dm
No Problem - I have solved this issue.

roshan vidapanakal

Jan 24, 2011, 1:56:36 AM1/24/11
to androi...@googlegroups.com
Hi ankit,

I need your help in how to implement serverside programming in java.
Please list out me the steps. which helps me
--
Regards,
Roshan