Galaxy Nexus factory images for ICL53F (yakju and mysid)

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 15, 2011, 3:18:00 PM12/15/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
"ITL41D is soooo two hours ago" (plus 10 minutes, but who's counting?)

Factory images for ICL53F are now available for both maguro/yakju and
toro/mysid:

https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/mysid-icl53f-factory-65895fa8.tgz
https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/yakju-icl53f-factory-89fccaac.tgz

Checksums:
bafc4d3c5faa9822f76a5313fc91f743 mysid-icl53f-factory-65895fa8.tgz
c58813bb68fc55d2eba33c8c126f37ba yakju-icl53f-factory-89fccaac.tgz
65895fa8859002dbc028b94980162bfad6628e55 mysid-icl53f-factory-65895fa8.tgz
89fccaacff68f79c3d1eaf4b749788ec87644b78 yakju-icl53f-factory-89fccaac.tgz

The usual web page will be updated soon.

I'm not forgetting the source code drop.

Happy upgrading / restoring.

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Michał Banszel

Dec 15, 2011, 4:13:15 PM12/15/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
You are master sir! ;) thanks!

2011/12/15 Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com>:

hypertecz28

Dec 15, 2011, 5:32:59 PM12/15/11
to Android Building

Ok this may sound like a stupid question, but i am totally new to the
nexus scene, and waswondering, how can i find out which one i should
download? Sorry for the noob ness... btw im on verizon cdma/LTE
Nexus...

On Dec 15, 2:18 pm, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> "ITL41D is soooo two hours ago" (plus 10 minutes, but who's counting?)
>
> Factory images for ICL53F are now available for both maguro/yakju and
> toro/mysid:
>
> https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/mysid-icl53f-factory-65895fa8.tgzhttps://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/yakju-icl53f-factory-89fccaac.tgz

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 15, 2011, 5:41:56 PM12/15/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the confusion. I'm so used to working with those names day
in and day out that I once again forgot to clarify them.

yakju is for the GSM/HSPA+ version (well, for one of the GSM
variants), mysid is for the CDMA/LTE version (i.e. the Verizon one).

ITL41D and ITL41F are 4.0.1, and ICL53F is 4.0.2.

Generally speaking, unless you're working with AOSP and flashing
custom systems, you shouldn't need to use those as your phone will get
updated automatically.

JBQ

Kaos

Dec 15, 2011, 5:51:29 PM12/15/11
to Android Building
Will the update wipe my date like apps, sms etc.?

On 15 Dez., 23:41, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the confusion. I'm so used to working with those names day
> in and day out that I once again forgot to clarify them.
>
> yakju is for the GSM/HSPA+ version (well, for one of the GSM
> variants), mysid is for the CDMA/LTE version (i.e. the Verizon one).
>
> ITL41D and ITL41F are 4.0.1, and ICL53F is 4.0.2.
>
> Generally speaking, unless you're working with AOSP and flashing
> custom systems, you shouldn't need to use those as your phone will get
> updated automatically.
>
> JBQ
>

> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 2:32 PM, hypertecz28 <d.lynch.1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ok this may sound like a stupid question, but i am totally new to the
> > nexus scene, and waswondering, how can i find out which one i should
> > download? Sorry for the noob ness... btw im on verizon cdma/LTE
> > Nexus...
> > On Dec 15, 2:18 pm, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> >> "ITL41D is soooo two hours ago" (plus 10 minutes, but who's counting?)
>
> >> Factory images for ICL53F are now available for both maguro/yakju and
> >> toro/mysid:
>

> >>https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/mysid-icl53f-factory-65895fa8.t...

hypertecz28

Dec 15, 2011, 5:50:54 PM12/15/11
to Android Building
I just looked back at some of the other discussions and figured that
one out... thanks for the timely response though! I come from
motorola with locked bootloader hell, so it's much different, but it
seems easy enough. Thanks again JBQ!!

On Dec 15, 4:41 pm, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the confusion. I'm so used to working with those names day
> in and day out that I once again forgot to clarify them.
>
> yakju is for the GSM/HSPA+ version (well, for one of the GSM
> variants), mysid is for the CDMA/LTE version (i.e. the Verizon one).
>
> ITL41D and ITL41F are 4.0.1, and ICL53F is 4.0.2.
>
> Generally speaking, unless you're working with AOSP and flashing
> custom systems, you shouldn't need to use those as your phone will get
> updated automatically.
>
> JBQ
>

> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 2:32 PM, hypertecz28 <d.lynch.1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ok this may sound like a stupid question, but i am totally new to the
> > nexus scene, and waswondering, how can i find out which one i should
> > download? Sorry for the noob ness... btw im on verizon cdma/LTE
> > Nexus...
> > On Dec 15, 2:18 pm, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> >> "ITL41D is soooo two hours ago" (plus 10 minutes, but who's counting?)
>
> >> Factory images for ICL53F are now available for both maguro/yakju and
> >> toro/mysid:
>
> >>https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/mysid-icl53f-factory-65895fa8.t...

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 15, 2011, 6:01:39 PM12/15/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
TL;DR: Yes.

Specifically:

-if your bootloader is locked, unlocking it will wipe your data.
That's done for security/privacy reasons.

-if you're running a custom build, the system signature will be
different, and that also requires to wipe data.

-However, if you're keeping your bootloader unlocked at all times
(which is a bad idea) and you're running an official build already,
you can flash a newer one without wiping data and that'll work fine.
Note that you can only move forward, not back. Be careful, though,
it's very easy to wipe data by accident when doing that, and the
default script does that.

JBQ

AfzalivE

Dec 15, 2011, 6:10:48 PM12/15/11
to Android Building
Extracted the zip file inside and tried to flash using:

fastboot -w update yakju-icl53f-factory-89fccaac

Says it didn't find the expected signature.
read_central_directory_entry failed

On Dec 15, 3:18 pm, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> "ITL41D is soooo two hours ago" (plus 10 minutes, but who's counting?)
>
> Factory images for ICL53F are now available for both maguro/yakju and
> toro/mysid:
>

> https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/mysid-icl53f-factory-65895fa8.tgzhttps://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/yakju-icl53f-factory-89fccaac.tgz

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 15, 2011, 6:14:21 PM12/15/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Actually, you shouldn't extract that zip file. fastboot update takes
the zip directly.

Generally speaking, the flash-all.sh script in there should take care
of the most common case.

JBQ

AfzalivE

Dec 15, 2011, 6:17:57 PM12/15/11
to Android Building
The zip file is what I'm giving to fastboot (not the tar or img
files).

Can't use flash-all.sh, I'm on Windows but the command is the same
(just flashed ITL41F using the same command)

On Dec 15, 6:14 pm, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> Actually, you shouldn't extract that zip file. fastboot update takes
> the zip directly.
>
> Generally speaking, the flash-all.sh script in there should take care
> of the most common case.
>
> JBQ
>

> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 3:10 PM, AfzalivE <afzal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Extracted the zip file inside and tried to flash using:
>
> > fastboot -w update yakju-icl53f-factory-89fccaac
>
> > Says it didn't find the expected signature.
> > read_central_directory_entry failed
>
> > On Dec 15, 3:18 pm, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> >> "ITL41D is soooo two hours ago" (plus 10 minutes, but who's counting?)
>
> >> Factory images for ICL53F are now available for both maguro/yakju and
> >> toro/mysid:
>

> >>https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/mysid-icl53f-factory-65895fa8.t...

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 15, 2011, 6:24:58 PM12/15/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hmmmm. I just gave it another try on my linux box and it's fine here,
so I think the download itself is OK. I don't have a Windows box to
test on.

If I understand correctly, you were able to actually extract the .zip
at some point, so I'm assuming that it isn't corrupted. I'm starting
to fear that fastboot might have a bug on Windows that'd prevent it
from using those files, which would be very unfortunate.

JBQ

Lou

Dec 15, 2011, 6:25:58 PM12/15/11
to Android Building
One quick question:

If I do a fastboot update image-yakju-icl53f.zip (note there is no -w)
will it update without wiping my apps and sd folder?

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 15, 2011, 6:30:07 PM12/15/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
If you're running an official itl41d or itl41f, yes, it will. Note
that you really need to update the bootloader and baseband as well, or
you right not being able to receive future OTA updates.

JBQ

AfzalivE

Dec 15, 2011, 6:26:41 PM12/15/11
to Android Building
Yeah, the zip file is safe, the checksums match too.
I'll boot into linux and report if it works there. Thanks

AfzalivE

Dec 15, 2011, 8:13:26 PM12/15/11
to Android Building
My own fault. It's sorted now. Winrar and tar files ...

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 15, 2011, 8:20:37 PM12/15/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
It sounds like I should look into using zip instead of tgz. That'd
probably avoid such issues. It'd probably be reasonably easy to have a
.bat in addition to the .sh (it's not like the script does anything
fancy)

JBQ

Lou

Dec 15, 2011, 8:33:11 PM12/15/11
to Android Building
Yeah, I noticed in your example you were trying to flash the whole tar
package, rather then the update.zip in the tar.

I just updated w/ windows fastboot w/ no issues w/o wiping too :)

Patrick Decat

Dec 15, 2011, 8:57:25 PM12/15/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot, ICL53F brings back the "Tethering & Portable Hotspot" settings that were missing with ITL41F on french carrier SFR.
Curiously, these were working normally if switching the SIM with one provided by Bouygues Telecom.

Best regards,
Patrick.

James Anderson

Dec 16, 2011, 4:42:53 AM12/16/11
to Android Building
Hi guys,

thanks for this. Can I enquire though about the lead time to get this
via an OTA update?

I'd rather not flash my phone as I don't want to lose my setup at the
moment, but I really want USB Host.

Thanks,
James.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 16, 2011, 10:14:59 AM12/16/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
No idea, sorry.

JBQ

inf

Dec 17, 2011, 12:44:49 AM12/17/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Strange problem. I flashed these to my device and now, everytime i reboot the phone and it starts up i'll get an error from com.android.phone ("Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped). Everything works but it's kind of irritating.

Any way to fix this?

Scott Sims

Dec 17, 2011, 12:09:56 AM12/17/11
to Android Building
Just wondering when an image for 4.0.3 will be posted?

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 17, 2011, 12:27:05 PM12/17/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The yakju and mysid factory images for 4.0.3 will be posted when there's a matching OTA.

JBQ

inf

Dec 17, 2011, 2:55:09 PM12/17/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
And to continue...

I tried with the 4.0.1 factory images, and all is fine with those..no FC message on startup, but as soon as I update through OTA or fastboot method, the force closing on boot starts.

jaykid007

Feb 6, 2012, 11:37:56 AM2/6/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hello, how do I exact the files after downloading? Do I download to my phone, extract, and then go into the bootloader and fine the file or do I download to my PC and then do something?

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Feb 6, 2012, 11:44:09 AM2/6/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
At a high level: the files should be unarchived, and they contain a
script called "flash-all.sh". That script should be run from within
its directory. You need to have your phone in fastboot mode, with the
bootloader unlocked. You need to have fastboot in your path, and (on
Linux) you need USB to be configured to allow fastboot access.

JBQ

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 8:37 AM, jaykid007 <davi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, how do I exact the files after downloading? Do I download to my phone, extract, and then go into the bootloader and fine the file or do I download to my PC and then do something?

Jason Davis

Feb 6, 2012, 11:51:56 AM2/6/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Can someone answer from a noob level how I get this file unarchived...like what program I use, do I do it on the pc or mac. Once I get the file unarchived, I can get into the bootloader and take it form there.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Feb 6, 2012, 11:57:42 AM2/6/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
On MacOS: "tar zxvf <filename>"

JBQ

Jason Davis

Feb 6, 2012, 12:08:40 PM2/6/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I have the files unarchived on my mac. I see all the files contained in the folder. I click flash all and get  some info commands. Im in fastboot mode and the phone is unlocked.

Jason Davis
Registered Tax Professional/Principal
JD Financial Group
1017 Sapphire St,
San Diego CA 92109
Phone # (619) 663-8181
Fax # (866) 903-8151

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE: To the extent that this message or any attachment concerns tax matters, it is not intended to be used and cannot be used by a taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed by law.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Feb 6, 2012, 12:10:42 PM2/6/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
You need to run "./flash-all.sh" from within a Terminal.

JBQ

Jason Davis

Feb 6, 2012, 12:19:49 PM2/6/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com

I found terminal in mac and trying to determine how to run that scrip that is on my desktop

Alik Elzin

Apr 3, 2012, 12:37:51 PM4/3/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Can someone please link to instructions on how to update the ROM? Preferably using Linux (Ubuntu).
Also, I already have ICL53F, but I think the ROM is different than the stock one, because it doesn't let you connect to other networks (only Verizon's)
So my second question is whether it's the same ROM as Verizon's and if not, I'm searching for instructions on replacing it to the stock one.

Hopefully the instructions I'm looking for will enable me full control over the device, including updates for future version.

Thanks.

On Thursday, December 15, 2011 10:18:00 PM UTC+2, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
"ITL41D is soooo two hours ago" (plus 10 minutes, but who's counting?)

Factory images for ICL53F are now available for both maguro/yakju and
toro/mysid:

Checksums:
bafc4d3c5faa9822f76a5313fc91f743  mysid-icl53f-factory-65895fa8.tgz
c58813bb68fc55d2eba33c8c126f37ba  yakju-icl53f-factory-89fccaac.tgz
65895fa8859002dbc028b94980162bfad6628e55  mysid-icl53f-factory-65895fa8.tgz
89fccaacff68f79c3d1eaf4b749788ec87644b78  yakju-icl53f-factory-89fccaac.tgz

The usual web page will be updated soon.

I'm not forgetting the source code drop.

Happy upgrading / restoring.

JBQ

--

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

Alik Elzin

Apr 3, 2012, 2:02:48 PM4/3/12
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Found several instructions.
Basically, running "flash-all.sh" will do the trick. Below are some more tutorials.

What I fail to understand: Is this Verizon's image, where the you cannot edit APNs, operators, etc.?